Mr Decoy, Sammy Watkins expected to play vs. Colts

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What happens with Watkins or Ragnuts is insignificant in a universe where your team traded away the chance to select the NFL MVP.:lol:

No doubt Mahomes is a great Qb, perhaps the best in the NFL already.  But it's easy look in the rearview mirror and say woulda coulda shoulda.

Kudos to you if you thought Mahomes was going to turn out like this! If so, id like to know who you think are the premier guys in this upcoming draft

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

His feet are but not sure he is; certainly not worth dollars thrown at him.

Forget the extra first rder. For the # 4 overall pick , and first WR taken , lets see .. Beckham, Evans, Landry , Cooks and Davante Adams are clearly , unquestionably more productive . At best he's vthe 6th best WR from that draft class. I'd argue taking Allen Robinson too . That puts him at 7th best. Watkins numbers are similar to the Undrafted Allen Hurns. 

He's very talented but between his availability and inconsistent play , he's a bust considering the hype around him entering that draft.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

No doubt Mahomes is a great Qb, perhaps the best in the NFL already.  But it's easy look in the rearview mirror and say woulda coulda shoulda.

Kudos to you if you thought Mahomes was going to turn out like this! If so, id like to know who you think are the premier guys in this upcoming draft

Mahomes wouldn't have to had become the best player in the NFL to justify having selected him over trading that pick.

It was time to select a QB..........but for some reason McD and the Pegulas were dickin' around with this little game of holding up Whaley and his scouts at the expense of not officially hiring Beane outright to be GM when they inked McDermott.

In honor of Doug Whaley we can call that period "GM purgatory"............a bizarre and highly unusual period without the future GM in place that left McD non-committal  about such a big decision as the QB of the future.

And as it turns out.........that opportunity to select Mahomes might have been the best opportunity to improve their fortunes that the franchise has had in decades....................so it was a real bad time to be inexcusably unprepared.

I really like Josh Allen...........hopefully he becomes great and the Bills organization builds a great roster around him and coach that roster up.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

Why does Watkins have to be bad. He's underacheived in his career, injury plagued, and overpaid due to said injuries.. but dangit he's pretty good when on the field. We should recognize that given what we have. That is Watkins.

I'll return the floor for everyone to discuss the fine points of how bad or good he is and how that reflects on whatever spin you want to put on past and present Bills management lol. Just like the ***** Rosen thread or any other player thread

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mahomes wouldn't have to had become the best player in the NFL to justify having selected him over trading that pick.

It was time to select a QB..........but for some reason McD and the Pegulas were dickin' around with this little game of holding up Whaley and his scouts at the expense of not officially hiring Beane outright to be GM when they inked McDermott.

In honor of Doug Whaley we can call that period "GM purgatory"............a bizarre and highly unusual period without the future GM in place that left McD non-committal  about such a big decision as the QB of the future.

And as it turns out.........that opportunity to select Mahomes might have been the best opportunity to improve their fortunes that the franchise has had in decades....................so it was a real bad time to be inexcusably unprepared.

I really like Josh Allen...........hopefully he becomes great and the Bills organization builds a great roster around him and coach that roster up.:thumbsup:

Good post!

I agree about Allen, I think he has the upside to be very successful.  

Nobody will ever know what Mahomes would be doing if on another team, Bills or anyone else.  We can debate it, but it's all about what this team does with current players and future opportunities

17 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Nobody will ever know what Mahomes would be doing if on another team, Bills or anyone else.  We can debate it, but it's all about what this team does with current players and future opportunities

To a certain extent no. But he's proven without a shadow of a doubt he's a great QB. I don't buy the argument he wouldn't be recognized as a really good QB anywhere in the league.

He's proven he's a stud. We know Brees on the Bills or any other team would be Brees.. really damn good. Mahomes on the Bills or any other team would be Mahomes. Super good 2nd year Quarterback. 

Any other team wouldn't have the numbers or wins the Chiefs have. Many would look like Brees or Rivers have looked on their 6-10 seasons.

I'm just saying he never was not going to be Mahomes. Chiefs didn't create him in a lab. But they gave him really good toys to let him play to be MVP. Otherwise I don't care to complain about not having him just as you don't.. I just really want to stress he's that good. I hope JA is established as pretty darn good by next year too

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Foster, the guy we cut?  The guy we had to play because of our garbage trades for KB and Zay?

sorry guys.  I’m going with McVay and Reid’s opinions.  Just like I went with Belichick’s opinion on “crappy” Gilmore.  

Which the losers who talk crap to athletes on social media deserve.  They probably are losers with crappy jobs.  

Probably

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Forget the extra first rder. For the # 4 overall pick , and first WR taken , lets see .. Beckham, Evans, Landry , Cooks and Davante Adams are clearly , unquestionably more productive . At best he's vthe 6th best WR from that draft class. I'd argue taking Allen Robinson too . That puts him at 7th best. Watkins numbers are similar to the Undrafted Allen Hurns. 

He's very talented but between his availability and inconsistent play , he's a bust considering the hype around him entering that draft.

He is definitly the most injured but also the most Talented, and I wont argue that the trade wasnt necessary because of the depth.  However he was the number 1 rated WR in that draft class and the most talented.  He wasnt smart enough to sit out and think of his long term future.  Just like he is in therenow with his foot still not 100%.  A player should sit out an entire season after that surgery.

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He is definitly the most injured but also the most Talented, and I wont argue that the trade wasnt necessary because of the depth.  However he was the number 1 rated WR in that draft class and the most talented.  He wasnt smart enough to sit out and think of his long term future.  Just like he is in therenow with his foot still not 100%.  A player should sit out an entire season after that surgery.

Six disappointing years into his career it's time to face the reality that the draft ratings were -- brace yourself -- wrong, and it's time to put away this false narrative that is based on nothing but his college highlights.  He isn't anywhere near as talented as Evans, Beckham or Cooks.

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Plus a drop and a fumble...

Is it worth $1m per game?

Straight up bum.  On the fumble he still had it in his lap after it was stripped initially....and then he let the defender just take it from him.

His real problem all along is that he is as soft a a pillow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

It's ridiculous all these former Bills receivers are in the playoffs: Watkins, Woods, Hogan. They all sucked with Buffalo.

Niether Hogan or Woods sucked.  They were not pro bowl level but they certainly were not Dunkrik level.

Watkins was overdrafted but when healthy and engaged was a very good WR but just not often enough.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

It's ridiculous all these former Bills receivers are in the playoffs: Watkins, Woods, Hogan. They all sucked with Buffalo.

Watkins two best seasons were here.  His best was with Orton as the QB.

Hogan's numbers his four years with the Patriots were similar to the previous two seasons he played here.  Granted he didn't have Tyrod as a quarterback.

Woods put up numbers here with Tyrod that suggested he'd perform better in a more pass happy offense with a better quarterback.  Letting him go was a mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Hogan's numbers his four years with the Patriots were similar to the previous two seasons he played here.  Granted he didn't have Tyrod as a quarterback.

Woods put up numbers here with Tyrod that suggested he'd perform better in a more pass happy offense with a better quarterback.  Letting him go was a mistake.

What WR wouldn’t perform better with a better QB in a more pass happy offense

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Six disappointing years into his career it's time to face the reality that the draft ratings were -- brace yourself -- wrong, and it's time to put away this false narrative that is based on nothing but his college highlights.  He isn't anywhere near as talented as Evans, Beckham or Cooks.

Correct! In the pantheon of Whaley draft failure, using two picks on Watkins was the ultimate.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Woods wasn't "let go." He left in FA.