Mr Decoy, Sammy Watkins expected to play vs. Colts

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Injuries is all bro.  Im not gonna be embarrased His numbers factually back that up and apperantly the NFL agrees given the salary he recieves.  Or do you also think you know more than Andy Reid.

The numbers back up that he is as good as Deandre Hopkins?? This debate is going nowhere if that's how some Bills fans honestly believe. And no "the NFL" doesn't agree. The Chiefs agree. It takes one team to overpay someone. That's why we traded him. We didn't want to be that team. It is inarguable that we made the right choice in that trade, just like we inarguably made a bad move trading for Benjamin. We don't need to flounder for excuses. The Rams made a bad trade and the Chiefs gave out a bad contract, unless something drastically changes next year.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I would have preferred the Bills keep Watkins and use other resources to land Allen. They chose not to, and that’s all that matters. There is no rationalization, however circumstances have dictated certain results. You can’t catch what isn’t thrown at you, and can’t play if you’re injured. Watkins is worth whatever an NFL team is willing to pay him, as is any other player. When he no longer is meeting that standard he will be released. The market is never wrong ; the results don’t always equal value though. 

The market is...the market.  There is no right or wrong and it's up to the commodity proving it's value.   Sammy has not proven his value and it's questionable he ever will. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I would have preferred the Bills keep Watkins and use other resources to land Allen. They chose not to, and that’s all that matters. There is no rationalization, however circumstances have dictated certain results. You can’t catch what isn’t thrown at you, and can’t play if you’re injured. Watkins is worth whatever an NFL team is willing to pay him, as is any other player. When he no longer is meeting that standard he will be released. The market is never wrong ; the results don’t always equal value though. 

That is the best , most correct way of stating it imo. His career has been disappointing compared to the talent. It’s when these detractors try to minimize the talent and potential that credibility is lost. 

Sammy is wildly talented. For some reason, it just hasn’t reflected in his numbers. Injuries are a part of that, but at the end of the day, he has to play better for what he’s paid. 

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I absolutely do until the injury he was definitley doing his part Very dependable high catch percentage.

I wouldn’t be happy with those numbers. That being said, he has his contract to prove it. He has the talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You believe talent wise  Zay Jones is comparable to Sammy Watkins ? Credibility  lost. Foster was a 5 star recruit out of HS ( still not as talented as Watkins) but Zay Jones ? Talent and production are two different things, but Jones doesn’t reside in the same talent universe as Sammy Watkins. As for relative to the other Bills this season or last, yes I will comfortably agree with the poster referenced that Watkins is far more talented than any of them.

Maybe that's where I'm confused … if production is NOT a measurement of talent, what should I be using to determine who is talented and who is not?

Just now, teef said:

I don’t think Sammy was paid market value. His numbers don’t match his salary.  IMO he was paid on potential when it comes to KC. It didn’t work out for them at all this year. It may  next season, but that remains to be seen. 

He was paid on talent / ability , and that drives the market. Production may be related to a stystem or other circumstances so production alone doesn’t drive the market. The market cannot be wrong, as it is just what a team is willing to pay for acquiring talent. When that doesn’t equal value to the team, the player will be released / traded or whatever. 

Just now, macaroni said:

Maybe that's where I'm confused … if production is NOT a measurement of talent, what should I be using to determine who is talented and who is not?

The eyeballs.

Watkins looked pretty okay there. The guy has talent. Folks who say otherwise just have an axe to grind/ had their feelings hurt by Sammy’s social media comments. That’s pretty much it. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, macaroni said:

If it was all about production and not talent, Josh Allen would not have been a first round pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If it was all about production and not talent, Josh Allen would not have been a first round pick. 

IMHO Josh Allen was drafted on potential, if he has talent or not is yet to be seen. I really like the kid and hope he produces to show us talent

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The numbers back up that he is as good as Deandre Hopkins?? This debate is going nowhere if that's how some Bills fans honestly believe. And no "the NFL" doesn't agree. The Chiefs agree. It takes one team to overpay someone. That's why we traded him. We didn't want to be that team. It is inarguable that we made the right choice in that trade, just like we inarguably made a bad move trading for Benjamin. We don't need to flounder for excuses. The Rams made a bad trade and the Chiefs gave out a bad contract, unless something drastically changes next year.

Nice twisting of words their bro.  I said for a nine game stretch.  Let me know when your reading comprehention improves.  As for now youre correct this conversation is over.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Talent gets you a shot. After that you need to produce. 

I think you may be confusing talent with potential … for example;

Josh Allen has potential, if he produces we will all think he is talented.

Nathan Peterman had potential, he didn't produce, so we all know he has no talent (except for Chucky and the Raiders).

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup and good offensive coaches keep betting on Sammy’s talent.  And he’s been on the number 1 offense two years in a row. Lucky dude I guess. 

One gave him a year. The other probably wishes he had.  And he's not the reason those offense were #1 so yeah, luck. 

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

I think you may be confusing talent with potential … for example;

Josh Allen has potential, if he produces we will all think he is talented.

Nathan Peterman had potential, he didn't produce, so we all know he has no talent (except for Chucky and the Raiders).

No, Josh has talent and potential. Peterman just had potential.