Mr Decoy, Sammy Watkins expected to play vs. Colts

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

If Sammy goes off today, this thread is going to get real interesting.

Not really. At the end of the day, he’s still over paid and under productive. If he has a great game...wonderful. 

23 minutes ago, Magox said:

Would I rather have Sammy who is inconsistent and often-injured at a cost of $17 million year or an explosive improving rookie going into his second year Foster at less than $500,000 a year?

It's not even debatable, Foster all day long.

...sure as hell glad to see this Foster kid heeded the advice of Shady and took McDermott's benching wake up call to heart.....sure we're on the "outside looking in" as squandering the opportunity of a lifetime afforded to 1,696 annually, scratching our "bald spots (ME)".....but looking at the positional career earnings of your peers should (not in all cases) translate into a lucrative future...hope this Foster kid stays healthy and on track.........

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

Zay Jones has better production than Sammy Watkins this year. I’m not saying he’s a better receiver, but Sammy is busy being Sammy. 

as the Coaches say "availability" trumps many things.

Watkins has mad some freaking amazing catches for the Bills. Just stupid good stuff. and he was nearly always doubled in some way.

I moved on when he got weird.
I recall he and Fred ( another of my Heros ) were to visit a local car dealership. And Sammy made some lame excuse about his ride having issues.
Fred stayed late and signed everyone's everything.

That is when i suspected he wanted to move on. and then the foot issues that no one really knew, or reported clearly.
and he became a decoy at best.

Don't hate him. don't like him either.

and those guys post Bills,  both were foolish to pay him for " potential" 

lol

11 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Besides Walton who else

well my feet hurt and make me grumpy.
so me for one

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure as hell glad to see this Foster kid heeded the advice of Shady and took McDermott's benching wake up call to heart.....sure we're on the "outside looking in" as squandering the opportunity of a lifetime afforded to 1,696 annually, scratching our "bald spots (ME)".....but looking at the positional career earnings of your peers should (not in all cases) translate into a lucrative future...hope this Foster kid stays healthy and on track.........

another point about Watkins.

he was under a regime that was a mess.
Just look at the war between Marrone Brandon and Whaley over the QB position.

Those were not a great place for Rookies, or anyone else really

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I for one hope SW has a good / great game today as it would help KC achieve victory. This keeps a potential AFCC game away from the NE area.  

end thread

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You might want to review the team rankings under Whaley vs the current team.  That 2014 team would have curb stomped the 2017 team. 

You can take Whaley the guy who never led us to a playoff game, to salary cap purgatory and who is now some football executive in the professional Mickey mouse football league and I will take the Guys that finally led us to the playoffs, drafted our franchise QB, 2 potential LB and DB pro bowlers and a number of other quality starters.

?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He seriously his foot hurt. He rushed back too quick (to prove his toughness to dumb fans) and it never healed right.  Believe it or not, feet are very important for athletes.

and laugh at it all you want, but Sammy’s presence helps their offense.  I mean it won’t have the impact of Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin but it will help.

That is absolute B*ll $**t

Weeks before Sammy came back to the Bills there were photos of him out shooting hoops at a local gym.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If Sammy goes off today, this thread is going to get real interesting.

Yes, it happens twice a year and his defenders crow as if he just was named superbowl mvp coming off a 1300 yard 12 td season.

Meanwhile his typical stat line game reads closer to 3 receptions 47 yards receiving and a bunch of "deafening silence" from all his defenders who cannot admit that he has proven to be exactly what some of us said all along about him which is that he has all the talent in the world but is too inconsistent and injury prone.

McVay traded for him and he failed to produce anywhere near at the level they had hoped he would hence them deciding to lose out on their 2nd round pick by not re-signing him to then turn around and pick up Brandon for even more than what Sammy got.   Those that are citing the McVay trade for him as some sort of supporting argument really arent thinking this through too much ?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Magox said:

You can take Whaley the guy who never led us to a playoff game, to salary cap purgatory and who is now some football executive in the professional Mickey mouse football league and I will take the Guys that finally led us to the playoffs, drafted our franchise QB, 2 potential LB and DB pro bowlers and a number of other quality starters.

?

Yeah, my point was the 2014 9-7 was a much better 9-7 2017 team.  They would have killed the team that made the playoffs.  

We deserved the drought to be over.  But that wasn’t a good team and this year we went 6-10.  They have another year but Whaley gets dumped on here way too much.  This regime has a lot to prove, starting with Allen.  If he is truth, we are in great shape.  If not, McBeane will be our.  

19 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yes, it happens twice a year and his defenders crow as if he just was named superbowl mvp coming off a 1300 yard 12 td season.

Meanwhile his typical stat line game reads closer to 3 receptions 47 yards receiving and a bunch of "deafening silence" from all his defenders who cannot admit that he has proven to be exactly what some of us said all along about him which is that he has all the talent in the world but is too inconsistent and injury prone.

McVay traded for him and he failed to produce anywhere near at the level they had hoped he would hence them deciding to lose out on their 2nd round pick by not re-signing him to then turn around and pick up Brandon for even more than what Sammy got.   Those that are citing the McVay trade for him as some sort of supporting argument really arent thinking this through too much ?

Yup. Bitter Bils fans >>>> McVay and Reid!

22 minutes ago, cd1 said:

That is absolute B*ll $**t

Weeks before Sammy came back to the Bills there were photos of him out shooting hoops at a local gym.

OMG!!!

38 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I see people all over this board essentially pat themselves on the back because Bills fans are the greatest and junk like that.

Then I see an ass post like this. 

Yeah, he adds nothing of substance.  Just insults and pictures showing people getting hurt.  He’s an angry elf. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

And everyone of those bones hurt for me as well as connecting ligaments.  I have been prescribed a medical device I need to wear an hour a day to help try to push fluid out of my foot due to some damage to lymph nodes in foot.

lower2.png

I sure hope you get better..dealing with pain everyday takes a toll on you both physically and mentally.Stay strong.

Kelvin Benjamin a healthy scratch today too HA.

Sammy right now is a better overall WR than Foster, it’s not even that close really.  However, Foster appears to be an ascending player and at 1/32 the price.  So more than reasonable people would prefer to have an ascending player in Foster and his current $500k salary instead of Sammy’s $16m salary who has just one 1000 yard season in 5 seasons, and that was 5 years ago.  Plagued with both injuries and circumstance, he hasn’t produced what his salary dictates one should expect. 

Ive always believed Sammy to be quite talented.  But even I would prefer to have Foster and his salary right now rather than Sammy’s $16m salary.  At some point he needs to emerge as the go to guy with that kind of salary, and he just hasn’t yet.  He was out produced by more than one player while on the Rams, and he’s been out produced by multiple Chiefs players now too.  At $16m a year, you better be the guy the DC is game planning to stop, not the 3rd or 4th weapon.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

Better than any receiver to wear a bills uniform this season by a long shot. And he’s their 3rd option. 

Sammy ….. 40 catches ….. 519 yards ….. 3 TDs

Foster   ….. 27 catches ….. 541 yards ….. 3 TDs

Jones    ….. 56 catches ….. 652 yards ….. 7 TDs

So actually he's not, you are wrong. Weather he's better than Foster or not may be debatable, but he doesn't hold a candle to "stone hands" Jones, add in the salaries of the three receivers and the Bills are getting WAYYYYYYYYYY more bang for their bucks with Zay and Robert than the Chiefs are getting with Sammy.

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

Better than any receiver to wear a bills uniform this season by a long shot. And he’s their 3rd option. 

Right now I’d take Robert Foster so I don’t agree with you at all. Especially for the ridiculous money Watkins makes. 

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Sammy ….. 40 catches ….. 519 yards ….. 3 TDs

Foster   ….. 27 catches ….. 541 yards ….. 3 TDs

Jones    ….. 56 catches ….. 652 yards ….. 7 TDs

So actually he's not, you are wrong. Weather he's better than Foster or not may be debatable, but he doesn't hold a candle to "stone hands" Jones, add in the salaries of the three receivers and the Bills are getting WAYYYYYYYYYY more bang for their bucks with Zay and Robert than the Chiefs are getting with Sammy.

Sammy is not a good value right now, but sorry he is light years more talented than Zay

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup. Bitter Bils fans >>>> McVay and Reid!

Bitter?  Does it sound like I'm bitter about Beane trading him away?  I am downright giddy that we dodged a bullet by not retaining him, because hes been exactly what I feared he'd been which was inconsistent and often-injured, not to mention a cap cost of around $17 million a year.

Bitter ?

• Like (+1) 2