Mr Decoy, Sammy Watkins expected to play vs. Colts

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So healthy Sammy vs. Foster. You’re picking Foster?

No,  but Sammy’s health is part of the equation.  He’s been hobbled by injuries, so going forward I’ll take Foster’s upside and meager salary over Watkin’s injuries and bloated salary.  He’s not worth the $$$$

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

No,  but Sammy’s health is part of the equation.  He’s been hobbled by injuries, so going forward I’ll take Foster’s upside and meager salary over Watkin’s injuries and bloated salary.  He’s not worth the $$$$

I’m not sure about the Foster but I agree with the rest.  Trading up for any non qb is dumb (see Jones, Zay) but Sammy was one of the greatest college receivers I have ever seen.  The fact that Sean McVay and Andy Reid paid big resources to get him speaks volumes.

but sadly, he will never live up to his draft status because of the injuries.  And I don’t why so many Bills have animosity towards the guy.  I met him a few times and he genuinely liked being on the Bills.  I wish him well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not sure about the Foster but I agree with the rest.  Trading up for any non qb is dumb (see Jones, Zay) but Sammy was one of the greatest college receivers I have ever seen.  The fact that Sean McVay and Andy Reid paid big resources to get him speaks volumes.

but sadly, he will never live up to his draft status because of the injuries.  And I don’t why so many Bills have animosity towards the guy.  I met him a few times and he genuinely liked being on the Bills.  I wish him well.

But doesn’t the fact that McVay was willing to move on from Sammy after 1 season speak volumes as well?  I think that LA felt the same way a lot of Bills fan do, he’s just not good enough to get the money he wants.

I have no animosity toward him.  I just don’t think he was  anywhere near as good as his hype, and even when he was healthy he never seemed to step up and take over games the way that a #1 WR usually does.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He seriously his foot hurt. He rushed back too quick (to prove his toughness to dumb fans) and it never healed right.  Believe it or not, feet are very important for athletes.

and laugh at it all you want, but Sammy’s presence helps their offense.  I mean it won’t have the impact of Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin but it will help.

is there a way to nominate this post for post of the year? 

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Woods and $8 mil>Sammy>Benjabum>Colewoman............

Woods won’t have been Woods here.  He isn’t a number 1 and does his best when gets the 2nd or 3rd corner.  Woods would have been Josh Reed here this year.  That’s why the Rams traded for Sammy and Cooks.

8 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Yup!

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sammy and $16 mil> KB and Corey Coleman.

$16 mil > Sammy and KB and Corey Coleman.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Woods won’t have been Woods here.  He isn’t a number 1 and does his best when gets the 2nd or 3rd corner.  Woods would have been Josh Reed here this year.  That’s why the Rams traded for Sammy and Cooks.

and kept Woods but not Sammy.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

...not implying he was a #1....I do think it is fair to say he was a solid and dependable WR who could ALSO block....hindsight is a beautiful thing but his then "steep $8mil/yr tariff" is a pittance with the insane WR market explosion.....doubt he would have stayed if OBD offered him what the Rams did anyhow...........

34 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..pretty astonishing to read the human foot contains 26 bones!......some have to be as big as a toothpick.......imagine the pounding the feet of these guys take in the NFL due to size, speed, cuts, etc......surprised there aren't more problems......Sammy is one of the unfortunate ones with chronic issues......

And everyone of those bones hurt for me as well as connecting ligaments.  I have been prescribed a medical device I need to wear an hour a day to help try to push fluid out of my foot due to some damage to lymph nodes in foot.

lower2.png

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

giphy.gif

Scream all you want, Watkins never lived up to his hype!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

$16 mil > Sammy and KB and Corey Coleman.

and kept Woods but not Sammy.

Because Sammy got $16 million/ year and Robert Woods is making half of that.  Then they immediately traded a 1st for Cooks and paid him. 

Sammy can’t stay healthy and it killed his career (along with bad qbs here).  But if you don’t understand why a healthy Sammy gets more money from good teams than Woods (and it’s no knock as Woods), you must be evaluating wrs for the Bills the last 2 years.  You need to stretch the field with multiple options.  It’s helps all facets of your offense.

again, you can’t bet on Sammy’s health.  But man if I could, I’d rather pay him $16 million than $12 to Tyrell Williams. A healthy Sammy could have been awesome with Allen. I think he’s still only 25.

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not implying he was a #1....I do think it is fair to say he was a solid and dependable WR who could ALSO block....hindsight is a beautiful thing but his then "steep $8mil/yr tariff" is a pittance with the insane WR market explosion.....doubt he would have stayed if OBD offered him what the Rams did anyhow...........

Yeah, he hated the offense here and wanted to go home.  And I love Woods but he isn’t a game changer.  He’s a good number 2.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And everyone of those bones hurt for me as well as connecting ligaments.  I have been prescribed a medical device I need to wear an hour a day to help try to push fluid out of my foot due to some damage to lymph nodes in foot.

lower2.png

...thanks bud.....it is some pretty intense stuff...

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So healthy Sammy vs. Foster. You’re picking Foster?

I think it would come down to cost. I'm not sure what Watkins' contract numbers are for the Chiefs, but Foster is obviously incredibly affordable right now. Watkins is one of those guys with lots of potential, and every year you think this will be the one where he might show that potential to the full, but he hasn't done it yet. When you consider the underachieving, over pay, injuries and some of the bad attitude he had when he was in Buffalo I think I probably would just go with Foster at this point. There's something to be said for the way Foster has had to work so hard for what he's a achieved so far, especially the balls he showed after being cut and coming back.

• Like (+1) 1

Say what you want about the guy; he's the only WR that the Bills have had in years that teams had to game plan against.

KC's offense is much more dangerous with him on the field. A team can try to take away Hill or Kelce, but you still have to deal with the other guy plus Sammy.

It basically limits teams to zone defense, which means little to no ability to blitz.

Do you want to allow Mahomes and that group of targets all day to get open and make a play?

• Like (+1) 1