Your opinion how the Bills will add to the Roster? (edited)

njbuff

More trades than you'd think. My guess is they will target teams in cap purgatory or with new coaching regimes and  make a few trades for players that fill a need and have a few years of team control under an existing contract.

Probably get a better "deal" for your money this way than solely relying on free agency to have some upgrades.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Perfect list except I trade out Barr for a younger DE or CB. The nickle package is run too often to justify Barr's salary. 

I know Barr will be expensive but the thought of Edmunds and Barr in coverage with our secondary and a big DT in the draft would make the defense top 5 in football.  Trying to figure if Lawrence or Wilkins is best fit at DT will the Phillips boys at DT and Hughes, Murphy, Lawson and a young edge putting on the heat.

3 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Use the money to add 3 new players to the oline

#1 RT D Williams 5yrs 55mil

#2 C Mitch Morse 4yrs 36mil

#3 trade a 6th for  OG Osemele i hear the Raiders will move him this offseason. 

RB - Mark Ingram 3yrs 18mil

Wr- John Brown 3yrs 27mil.

Wr Kevin White 1yr 2.5 mil

TE sign Jessie James  3yrs 16mil

DT Grady Jerrett 4yrs 30mil

DT David Irving 1yr 5mil

CB EJ Gaines 2yrs 6.5mil

MLB Sean Lee 1yr 5mil

These signings will add great depth to our team . It fixes the oline and allows us to truly go best available in the draft.

i love everything but the bolded.  ( adding gaines would be cool but,  i love levi wallace and i'm not too worried about anything but depth at cb.) 

i really hope we can draft josh allen. with lorax here to mentor him, we would have one of , if not the most badass defenses in the nfl.

i wouldn't be desperate at the dt spot....( although malik jackson would be a great signing/ trade ). i would rather draft one.  with allen on the lb corp, we can kick shaq inside and put lorax on the end a lot more often.

i also hope they hang on to trent murphy for one more year. i still think he can turn into a monster.

i believe they'll  sign 2....hopefully 3 olinemen in fa....def. a center and rt. i also hope they'll draft  3....center  /guard and tackle.

i don't think they're gonna make huge signings as far as wr.  i love your choices.....then draft 2 plus a te.

as far as the draft goes,  i'd like to see them pair the two 5's and two 7's  for a pair of 4's. that alone would give us 7 picks in the first 4 rounds and the 6th for a total of 8.

i think they'll get 6 solid contributors out of this draft.  people can complain all they want about mahommes, but imo they are drafting  extremely well.

...FA spending has to meet the "89% Rule" under current CBA........

Spending requirements

There is a minimum amount of money that a team can put towards their caps. All 32 teams are required to spend at least 89 percent of their caps (which projected for year 2019 is $187-$191 mil). This is called the minimum cash spend requirement, also known as the 89 percent rule.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Speaking of big trades, what would it take to go trom 9 (Buffalo) to 5 (Tampa Bay), if Josh Allen (LB-KY) is there?  Not advocating it, but just curious.  Would be sweet to have Josh Allen as our top pick, after a trade up with Tampa Bay, 2 years in a row.

Really want Jonah Williams OT though.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Speaking of big trades, what would it take to go trom 9 (Buffalo) to 5 (Tampa Bay), if Josh Allen (LB-KY) is there?  Not advocating it, but just curious.  Would be sweet to have Josh Allen as our top pick, after a trade up with Tampa Bay, 2 years in a row.

Really want Jonah Williams OT though.

Jonah Williams with weight added could be a slight downgrade from Quenton Nelson, think he is a NFL Guard

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

Do you think the Bills are going to be active in FA?

Will they make a big trade?

Will they use the draft to acquire most of their talent by trading down a lot?

Will they do all of the above?

Or is this just talk and the Bills will basically sign a few free agents and stay put on draft days and just add the 10 rookies?

What is your honest opinion on what McBeane will do when the off season bell rings?

They better fix this offense and start by getting some O-linemen - FAST.

They finished 31st in the league in passing yards 2017 and 2018.

If they can't get this turned around for 2019 and trend upward, somebody's in trouble.

• Like (+1) 2

OL - I think we desperately need 2 above average OL. I like Teller and Dawkins and one of Mills/Miller. 

1 above average - elite WR. I'm higher on Zay and McKenzie than most and feel Fosters numbers speak for themselves. So I like that young trio , would obviously love an elite WR but not sure that's possible via FA , def need at least a #2 caliber veteran WR though.

TE - All depends on how they view Croom and if they want to keep Clay , I feel Clay gets alot of flack but he's a very good blocker and just had a down year receiving and dealing with injuries . He's a good athlete and if they feel Croom can progress , draft a TE on day 2 . 

DL - Think Jordan Phillips is a lock to re-sign and ? is a def starter but would love a top end rookie talent to join the rotation with those two and H Phillips. Also while not a pressing need, would LOVE a great edge rusher opposite Hughes. A DeMarcus Lawrence could put this D over the top with Shaq, Murphy and (likely) Lorax rotating in . 

RB - I'm also alot higher than Shady than the majority on here , think he still has the juice to be a #1. I think the OL severely hurt him in the run game , he was still a force in the pass game though. Would love to see a 1A 1B situation with a top end RB talent through the draft or FA. 

Bottom line- OL is the key and will open this offense up big time imo. We also have a ton of flexibility and have the luxury to go in so many directions in FA and the draft , can execute a variety of trades. The future just looks really bright for this franchise and I love how they went about rebuilding this roster and left themselves with all this flexibility in a crucial off season!

Sign:

Mitch Morse

Daryll Williams

Chris Conley

Jesse James

Maxx Williams

versatile secondary piece like Jason Verett or Eric Rowe

Try to trade a draft pick for:

Forrest Lamp

Alex Lewis

Cut:

Ducasse

Clay

probably DiMarco

Draft BPA (no offensive lineman in top ten)

Dawkins-Lewis-Morse-Lamp-Williams is your rebuilt offensive line, all similar ages and could gel nicely. 

Bodine and Teller are backups and you get a Tackle in the middle rounds. 

Don’t see any trades (outside of minor shifting in the draft).

Think they go heavy on OL in free agency - probably one upper echelon guy like Morse, Saffold or Paradis, then a couple of mid range guys once dust settles.

Probably WR in FA- maybe Funchess (who I’m not crazy about ) on a team friendly deal.

Draft will be BPA- with emphasis on offense- definitely think a TE and RB in first few rounds

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

It's McDermott & Beane ... who knows. I'm not comfortable with these 2 yet, I have to wait & see cause they might be active but pick the wrong guy's.

Kelvin Benjamin (even tho we traded for him in mid season of 2017, he was hurt & was really expected to make an impact for the 2018 season & we all know how that worked out)

Vontae Davis 

Russell Bodine

Jeremy Kerley 

AJ McCarron 

Chris Ivory 

Star Lotulelei 

Just to name a few were them being active smh, hardly none of these guy's planned out.

Ivory was ok, but the fact that average RB Chris Ivory was ok over Shady because you didn't have enough good depth on your o-line is very concerning on their decision making. 

Like, I know we need another CB, but that better not be a priority. They gave a defensive player(Star) they're biggest contract ($50M)to date to plug gaps over adding ANY MORE TALENT to the screaming offense that so desperately needed it...??

**Excuse me while I jump for joy**

It's just hard to judge with these two... & then we have to worry will these guy's panned out after they sign? 

Man...you hit this on the money Scorp!  I thought I was the only one that was skeptical on McBeane. I like them but they haven't really gained my confidence just yet. They need to secure some better options for this offseason to help us out. They have to hit on their signings this year

3 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

They better fix this offense and start by getting some O-linemen - FAST.

They finished 31st in the league in passing yards 2017 and 2018.

If they can't get this turned around for 2019 and trend upward, somebody's in trouble.

I totally agree! they cannot ignore the offense this year.  Our biggest signing better not be a defensive player 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buffalo will be active in free agency, but will stick to mostly second tier or lower free agents.  There will be more twenty something players signed than thirty something.   I have no idea what kind of trades they will make in the draft.  I imagine they might be open to trading down out of #9 overall.  The sweet spot of this draft may be in the second and third rounds, and that's where they could want more picks.  To that end they could bundle some lower picks together to move up from their fourth round pick, but that's just a guess.  Beane has also demonstrated he can find potential starters among undrafted free agents (Wallace and Foster). 

The Bills have a lot of money to spend and if they let Clay and McCoy walk they will have even more. I expect them to be very active in free agency this year. They have to get O line wr rb and te help. The offense needs so much to help Allen take the next step. There are some really good young dline fas available as well.