Your opinion how the Bills will add to the Roster? (edited)

njbuff

Can't wait to check out tomorrows version of this thread. And then the next one a day or so later. And then again & again & again lol

I bet by draft time we'll have perhaps 100 of these threads... which is what u would expect & would want. I just think its funny how theres a new one every couple days asking the same question.

"Do you think we'll be active in Free Agency?"

Yes of course, we have 90 Million in cap space after purging our roster of dead cap this past season... Not only was that The Plan but we said so yesterday haha

Gonna be a long offseason :P

Draft day can't get here soon enough because its gonna be exciting. For me the Draft is one of the greatest days in sports.

I do think that the Bills will make a run at Antonio Brown or Leveon Bell, at least to see what it will take to pry one of them out of Pittsburgh as far as picks. The contract cost for brown is reasonable for a player of his magnitude and I think they would gladly have him for 3 year 36 million dollars. I hope if they go after Bell it is a deal where they can cut him after 3 years and pay him $50 million total. I think it will be a bunch of 3-5 million signings and one big signing on offense.

13 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Antonio Brown would certainly constitute a big splash. He is the antithesis of a "process" guy and has bad history with Poyer, so highly doubtful that happens. 

The front office doesn't care about who slept with who.  That's personal business.  Front office is about football business.  If they think Brown they will help win games, they will go after him.  I doubt AB is who they want though.  If AJ or Julio are available Beane will be in on that.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do think that the Bills will make a run at Antonio Brown or Leveon Bell, at least to see what it will take to pry one of them out of Pittsburgh as far as picks. The contract cost for brown is reasonable for a player of his magnitude and I think they would gladly have him for 3 year 36 million dollars. I hope if they go after Bell it is a deal where they can cut him after 3 years and pay him $50 million total. I think it will be a bunch of 3-5 million signings and one big signing on offense.

Bell is a free agent.  All it takes is the right money.  But I don't see the Bills looking for a RB outside the draft.

Edited by purple haze

20 hours ago, njbuff said:

Do you think the Bills are going to be active in FA?

Will they make a big trade?

Will they use the draft to acquire most of their talent by trading down a lot?

Will they do all of the above?

Or is this just talk and the Bills will basically sign a few free agents and stay put on draft days and just add the 10 rookies?

What is your honest opinion on what McBeane will do when the off season bell rings?

i dont see a trade but you never know.

active in FA but not big splashes.

i think they will trade picks to move around the draft.

You have to have stallions to win i the NFL.  the teams playing this weekend have them.  We don't.  You can't do it with high motor lunch pale process believers.  

I would suspect we at least try very hard to get a few top notch FAs at WR, OL, and TE.

I hope we don't trade down. The lower you go the longer the odds on landing said stallions.

I'm hoping for a great off season.  Beane needs to produce.

20 hours ago, gjv001 said:

With Josh Allen on the team, Bills have potentially the number one marquee player in the NFL. They will do whatever they can to get this show on the road. The only obstacle I envision for this off-season is lack of talent in free agency or the Draft not falling in the Bills favor. 

A QB that misses wide open receivers standing just a few feet away has the potential to be the #1 marquee player? Maybe if we move him to TE LOL.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

...highly doubtful IMO....according to the McDermott Doctrine, WE>ME........don't see where either of these ME types fit WE at all...............

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...highly doubtful IMO....according to the McDermott Doctrine, WE>ME........don't see where either of these ME types fit WE at all...............

I agree with this. Also, having a me first offensive player really hurts the development of your young quarterback. If he feels the pressure to feed a guy the ball, he can't really execute the offense properly. They will add complimentary pieces. Allen is the man now. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, purple haze said:

The front office doesn't care about who slept with who.  That's personal business.  Front office is about football business.  If they think Brown they will help win games, they will go after him.  I doubt AB is who they want though.  If AJ or Julio are available Beane will be in on that.

Bell is a free agent.  All it takes is the right money.  But I don't see the Bills looking for a RB outside the draft.

They might care about Brown quitting on the Steelers. He's proven to be disruptive to team chemistry. Maybe they don't care about personal business, but I think it goes against the notion of the team as a big family that they appear to be trying to instill. I agree about AJ, Julio and rb most likely in the draft. I like Josh Jacobs, btw. 

Edited by Dr. Who