Am seething after reading this bum article from Forbes.com that takes a cheap shot at Buffalo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billwilliamson/2019/01/07/teams-that-make-sense-to-trade-for-antonio-brown/#1518a7c25e12

The Steelers probably would get  a chuckle out of sending Brown all the way up to Buffalo as well.

Where the hell did that come from? What makes Pittsburgh so much more desirable than Buffalo? Why is that comment only for Buffalo and not for, say, Detroit? 

Per Forbes.com's own website (this is place for doing business ranking and not a livability ranking - but still are the two cities really that different (#94 vs. #101 - Detroit is #178)?

Buffalo, NY

Buffalo-Cheektowaga-Niagara Falls, NY Metropolitan Statistical Area

At a Glance

·         Population: 1,136,100

·         Major Industries: Financial services, Technology, Education

·         Gross Metro Product: $84.7 B

·         Median Household Income: $54,124

·         Median Home Price: $149,000

·         Unemployment: 5.1%

·         Job Growth (2017): 0.8%

·         Cost of Living: 11% below nat'l avg

·         College Attainment: 32.5%

·         Net Migration (2017): -120

Forbes Lists:

#101 Best Places for Business and Careers

·         #19 in Cost of Doing Business

·         #169 in Job Growth

·         #84 in Education

Pittsburgh, PA

Pittsburgh, PA Metropolitan Statistical Area

At a Glance

·         Population: 2,334,800

·         Major Industries: Health care, Technology, Bio-science

·         Gross Metro Product: $158 B

·         Median Household Income: $59,130

·         Median Home Price: $147,000

·         Unemployment: 4.4%

·         Job Growth (2017): 1.1%

·         Cost of Living: 7% below nat'l avg

·         College Attainment: 35.1%

·         Net Migration (2017): 750

Forbes Lists:

#94 Best Places for Business and Careers

·         #134 in Cost of Doing Business

·         #184 in Job Growth

·         #66 in Education

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Buffalo sucks. Get over it.

This is for your own good.

My road trips led me to Cleveland and Detroit and Buffalo. The rust belt triangle of sheer misery in many ways, the people were the best though.

a rich man I used to know would only go to games in warm weather climates to watch great teams.

always felt sorry for him

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

My road trips led me to Cleveland and Detroit and Buffalo. The rust belt triangle of sheer misery in many ways, the people were the best though.

a rich man I used to know would only go to games in warm weather climates to watch great teams.

always felt sorry for him

The NFL's Bermuda Triangle.

Don't go there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

The NFL's Bermuda Triangle.

Don't go there.

I enjoyed every minute and miss it.

maybe the Lions were 0-22 for the games at Pontiac and downtown Motown

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

If you love Buffalo you should probably want the negative outside perspective to persist. You don't want all the outsiders to move in, do you?

I don’t fear a bandwagon effect coming for a few more years.

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

If you love Buffalo you should probably want the negative outside perspective to persist. You don't want all the outsiders to move in, do you?

What’s the name for ‘Yuppies 2020’?  You know,  the ones that will be buying seat licenses in the new downtown domed stadium, and renting $3000 a month converted lofts.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

Brown could do so much for this team, and if process was so important, why did we keep McCoy?  He doesn't meet this model, but we keep him until the end of his contract.  If we picked up Hunt as RB after week 6 and Brown, and possibly two guards in free agency, we immediately change the offense.

The draft can take care of the rest of the O Line, and yes we use the top two draft picks on lineman.  We can choose BPA after that.  I don't condone what Hunt is accused of doing, but as far as I know this was the only strike against him, and if he cleans up his act from now on, he would be an incredible down field runner, and use McCoy's talent not only horizontally where he dodges LB's, but vastly increase his pass catching ability, because once in open space is dangerous.  

We can completely change this team with these moves.  We would still have money for the draft, emergency fund, and hold some back for the next year extensions.  Also, AB's contract is up when Allen's first year is coming up in 2021 and could still place a fifth year on him as well as Edmunds.  

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo has an 18 year history of mediocrity on the football field interupted by one playoff berth last year, when they were one and done.  I love the Bills and am optimistic for their future, but if one wants to, there are always grounds to knock the team.

Don’t forget it is obvious we had the #2 defense, and almost all but KW will return and are young, the #1 pass defense.  Everyone has opined both in the media and on this board, we are desperately in need of an O Line, and skill players.  We improved with Foster, McKenzie, and Jones when not having a wrist problem like last year.  If we had an O Line, and Skill Players, we could be dangerous in the playoffs.

Why wouldn’t excellent players that see something special here, with a young and very talented QB and Staff coming here.  There may be a lot of taxes in NYS, but the cost of living is low and players usually leave after the season, when the weather is worst.

i bet we pick up some excellent players this off season and can pay them well with the second highest cap space in the NFL, and a young team.  This isn’t a team that is aging and on the decline.  NYJ, and Miami are a mess, and Brady is showing signs of age.  I bet when he retires Belicheck either becomes the GM only or retires.  The next following years are up to the Bills to own.

47 minutes ago, hemma said:

Cost of Doing Business is the big drawback.

----> New York State.

hmm, actually I got that bass ackwards. 

High on that scale is good, so now I'm puzzled.

im sure NYS gives tax breaks to businesses moving in.

its the people who live there that get screwed. 

my original intention was to retire to the finger lakes, but I just cant afford to do it.  my in-laws pay a special tax just because they have a view of Lake Keuka.  A view tax.  they're like 5  miles from the actual lake.

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

im sure NYS gives tax breaks to businesses moving in.

its the people who live there that get screwed. 

my original intention was to retire to the finger lakes, but I just cant afford to do it.  my in-laws pay a special tax just because they have a view of Lake Keuka.  A view tax.  they're like 5  miles from the actual lake.

Now that's a wow.

If I got that tax bill in the mail, I think my head would explode.