Should Bills go after FA TE Demetrius Harris

CEN-CAL17

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

4/$16 No. Very little production his first 4 years in the league. 

Sign Eifert. #1

Draft Caleb Wilson (UCLA) #2 TE

Croom #3 TE

Say goodbye to Clay & Thomas

If we sign Eifert then we can cut Clay because we will have a new TE to be injured all the time.

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think we got that guy already on the roster in Croom imo, this is also a deep draft for the TE position. No need to stunt Jason's growth by adding a guy who is a 3 year younger version of himself for 4M per season no less, again just my opinion not trying to stir any pot.

At first thought I agreed but after thinking about it an additional 3 seconds we really need more than 1 TE correct.

16 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Kansas City TE, 27 years old.

Looks to have good athletic ability. Should be affordable without breaking the bank. Made nearly $2M this year.

Maybe 4 year $16M deal?

Pair him up with Croom and draft another....

Ive heard Max Williams name thrown out there too. 

Probably get some inside info on him given where he plays.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:30 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Looks to have good athletic ability. Should be affordable without breaking the bank. Made nearly $2M this year.

Maybe 4 year $16M deal?

No, CJ Uzomah for 3/18. 7 million guaranteed, 4th year option at 10 milion.

Edited by RocCityRoller

I expect one TE Via UFA, and one Via the draft. 

In UFA I’d go after Kroft, James or Uzomah. In the draft there’s a lot to like. Fant is the #1 right now, but there’s time for that to change. Then you’ve got Irv Smith Jr., Hockenson, Kaden Smith, Okwuegbunam from Missouri, and others, but right there you’ve got 5 guys that I would REALLY like to add to this team. Keep Croom as your #3, and you’ve got the type of tight end group Daboll can start to work with. He had great tight ends in New England, and I think they’d allow us to be more diverse in our charming offensively 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

He’s making $2M this year... going into FA you think he’s going to take less? And you know Buffalo has to overpay in FA.

His value is roughly $2-3 M per upwards of $4M per.... guess what the Bills would have to pay. It’s a very realistic scenario. 

Eifert will probably be in the same ball park but he may but he may only play 50% of the games.

Everyone is assuming Tyler Eifert is just gonna get injured again and that's not necessarily the case.  But you are right, the contract would have to take injury risk into consideration. 

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Everyone is assuming Tyler Eifert is just gonna get injured again and that's not necessarily the case.  But you are right, the contract would have to take injury risk into consideration. 

He’s played 43 games out of a possible 96 in his career. That’s ridiculous.

Yes, he’s going to get injured again. I’ll put my house on it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 5:50 PM, brianthomas said:

Yeah I'd have to say no to him as well. Hardly any production thru out his career & surprisingly this season too with how well that offense has been rolling.

If we did what you suggested I'd be thrilled

I haven’t watched him specifically but much like I bring up “soooomebody is going to get 800+ yards even if a bad player in a bad offense- there are going to be 3000 yards spread somewhere”

similar can be said the other way. When you have 5-6 major threats ahead of you, you can be a very good player with a boring stat line. 

No idea on this kid but in evaluating the KC backup tight end, production is low on my list of places to have expectations 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 6:48 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

4/$16 No. Very little production his first 4 years in the league. 

Sign Eifert. #1

Draft Caleb Wilson (UCLA) #2 TE

Croom #3 TE

Say goodbye to Clay & Thomas

Eifert better come cheap, he is always hurt. How do you count on a guy like that being your 1 tight end, seems he is hurt way more often than Clay was?

On 1/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Sign him! Wait, who is he?

And I've been throwing out Maxx Williams name quite a bit. He's on the outs with the drafting of Hayden Hurst and I don't think he's reached his potential in Baltimore. He wouldn't be the ultimate solution at the position, but he'd be nice depth. We likely have to add multiple guys anyway.

If we can sign two fullbacks, we can sure as hell pick up two tight ends. The draft is the likeliest place to find "the guy."

Probably don't have to give out much in the way of guaranteed money to a guy like Maxx Williams, so let Croom and the rest of em fight it out in camp.

he's 24 isnt he or still a project ?

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

he's 24 isnt he or still a project ?

Definitely still got a lot of upside, but could see us easily outbidding the Ravens considering they drafted Hurst in the first round last year. It does probably mean they're not sold on Williams, but it would be a good value signing IMO. That's what free agency is all about. Teams are gonna keep their top guys so you have to look for players their respective team may undervalue.

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I haven’t watched him specifically but much like I bring up “soooomebody is going to get 800+ yards even if a bad player in a bad offense- there are going to be 3000 yards spread somewhere”

similar can be said the other way. When you have 5-6 major threats ahead of you, you can be a very good player with a boring stat line. 

No idea on this kid but in evaluating the KC backup tight end, production is low on my list of places to have expectations 

Bills had best be replacing Clay for some one Allen can work with

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Definitely still got a lot of upside, but could see us easily outbidding the Ravens considering they drafted Hurst in the first round last year. It does probably mean they're not sold on Williams, but it would be a good value signing IMO. That's what free agency is all about. Teams are gonna keep their top guys so you have to look for players their respective team may undervalue.

absolutely. pro scouting is no joke.
Beane will get better at it 

: )

• Like (+1) 1

This isn't a guy you want.  Bad hands.  Doesn't help in the run game either. Has a knack for a spectacular catch 2 or 3 times a season..and its a big surprise every time it happens because he drops A LOT of routine stuff.  Already been suspended for substance abuse once......this isn't a case of a talented guy being buried on the depth chart behind the leauges best TE....even though that is true....he'd be buried on a lot of other teams depth charts as well.  He won't be missed in KC.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 5:30 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Maybe 4 year $16M deal?

I would just start over at the TE position. Sign a TE in FA, draft a TE and the 3rd TE should be for goal line and pass protection purposes.