Should Bills go after FA TE Demetrius Harris

CEN-CAL17

Kansas City TE, 27 years old.

Looks to have good athletic ability. Should be affordable without breaking the bank. Made nearly $2M this year.

Maybe 4 year $16M deal?

Pair him up with Croom and draft another....

Ive heard Max Williams name thrown out there too. 

Yeah I'd have to say no to him as well. Hardly any production thru out his career & surprisingly this season too with how well that offense has been rolling.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

4/$16 No. Very little production his first 4 years in the league. 

Sign Eifert. #1

Draft Caleb Wilson (UCLA) #2 TE

Croom #3 TE

Say goodbye to Clay & Thomas

If we did what you suggested I'd be thrilled

Sign him! Wait, who is he?

And I've been throwing out Maxx Williams name quite a bit. He's on the outs with the drafting of Hayden Hurst and I don't think he's reached his potential in Baltimore. He wouldn't be the ultimate solution at the position, but he'd be nice depth. We likely have to add multiple guys anyway.

If we can sign two fullbacks, we can sure as hell pick up two tight ends. The draft is the likeliest place to find "the guy."

Probably don't have to give out much in the way of guaranteed money to a guy like Maxx Williams, so let Croom and the rest of em fight it out in camp.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, brianthomas said:

Yeah I'd have to say no to him as well. Hardly any production thru out his career & surprisingly this season too with how well that offense has been rolling.

If we did what you suggested I'd be thrilled

Those 3 TE's for Josh would be a dream. But it would require substantial blocking instruction for Wilson and more for Croom. All 3 are "plus" receiving TE's

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Those 3 TE's for Josh would be a dream. But it would require substantial blocking instruction for Wilson and more for Croom. All 3 are "plus" receiving TE's

Yep for sure. While our coaches are at it, they can instruct our offensive line on how to block too :P

I'm curious to see what assistant coaches we bring in. This offseason is going to be one of the most exciting ones i've seen in recent memory, besides from last year & getting our franchise QB. But i'm all in on getting rid of Clay & Thomas. We've spent too much time trying to develop Thomas. The time to move on from him was last year imo.

Better late than never!

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sign Eifert. #1

Croom #3 TE

Like Eifert's skill but he is too injury prone.  A contract would need to protect the team.

23 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sign Eifert. #1

Croom #3 TE

He’s making $2M this year... going into FA you think he’s going to take less? And you know Buffalo has to overpay in FA.

His value is roughly $2-3 M per upwards of $4M per.... guess what the Bills would have to pay. It’s a very realistic scenario. 

Eifert will probably be in the same ball park but he may but he may only play 50% of the games.

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sign Eifert. #1

Croom #3 TE

Eifert?  Ehhhhhhhh.  We need to add talented players that play.  Eifert doesn’t play.  Maybe to a 1 year 3-4 mill deal but he won’t go for that.  I’m ok with signing him as long as we sign and draft another TE.  Croom can battle for 3rd tight end.  It’s just almost a given that eifert will miss lots of time with injury for for the Igor price, sure.  Though for that price, I’m sure he’d rather go to a perceived contender with a HoF QB

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sign Eifert. #1

Croom #3 TE

No thanks to Eifert. I'd rather have a TE that will actually be on the field and play.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Sign him! Wait, who is he?

And I've been throwing out Maxx Williams name quite a bit. He's on the outs with the drafting of Hayden Hurst and I don't think he's reached his potential in Baltimore. He wouldn't be the ultimate solution at the position, but he'd be nice depth. We likely have to add multiple guys anyway.

If we can sign two fullbacks, we can sure as hell pick up two tight ends. The draft is the likeliest place to find "the guy."

Probably don't have to give out much in the way of guaranteed money to a guy like Maxx Williams, so let Croom and the rest of em fight it out in camp.

32 minutes ago, WMDman said:

imma jesse james guy

I'm a sign both guys guy! You could cut DiMarco and have Williams double as a fullback/TE like he does in Baltimore. I like James a lot too. Draft TJ Hockenson too. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would love Harris. He has had limited opportunities because he is stuck behind the best TE in the league. The production has been there when given the chance and he is a solid blocker as well. Hes a huge target and has flashed ability in the redzone. This would be a great start for helping Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

No thanks to Eifert. I'd rather have a TE that will actually be on the field and play.

Maybe they can get him a protective uniform, much like the protective shell they got Kelso for his helmet...

71riaWlHfcL._SL1050_.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Sign Jessie James he fits what we are looking for . JJ has steadily improved threwout his career. He's also young going into his 2nd contract has nice size 6'7 255 . He can be a real steal on the market ala Poyer/Hyde .

I would target big Jessie from day 1 of free agency . We should also draft a kid pretty high in the draft and while he's developing JJ can start and be a solid part of our offense.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sign Eifert. #1

Croom #3 TE

I’d rather sign a dead guy than Eifert.

They’d play the same amount.

• Like (+1) 2