Murder Mountain

Buffalo716

I hadn't heard of this so went looking for more info.

Found this article below to be very interesting and others may too.

Looks great! I'm going to try to watch it in its entirety.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/murder-mountain-marijuana-netflix-humbolt-county-776733/

Edited by Nextmanup

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I hadn't heard of this so went looking for more info.

Found this article below to be very interesting and others may too.

Looks great! I'm going to try to watch it in its entirety.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/murder-mountain-marijuana-netflix-humbolt-county-776733/

It is fantastic! I wasn’t trying to give too much info away but it is gripping!

i didn’t want to turn it off!

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It is fantastic! I wasn’t trying to give too much info away but it is gripping!

i didn’t want to turn it off!

I live for documentaries like that and am always looking for new ones that are well done, so thanks for posting this.  I wouldn't have known about it.

• Like (+1) 1

I spent a lot of time there. That shot of guys on quads with shotguns wasn't hype. That's the way it is out there. Island Mountain too. Accurate depiction. Only complaint is they probably could have done it in four episodes. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have now seen all 6 episodes!  I really enjoyed it.

I wasn't prepared for the stunning cinematography; that part of this country is absolutely gorgeous.

I also thought the series was going to focus on the geographical area itself, coming at it with many different people, stories, and directions.   It really turned into a detailed story about 1 kid and the story surrounding him.

Still really enjoyed it though.  My only complaint is that each episode was too short!  Only about 40 min. each.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:24 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Has anybody watched the Netflix documentary? It really was gripping and exciting

not to mention sad, and filled with corruption...

must watch imo

I was looking for something to watch on Netflix and when I came across this I remembered someone posted something on it.  Thanks.  It is interesting in so many ways.  Almost all of the comments made about it have been right on.  So far I am only two episodes in.

5 hours ago, stuvian said:

those Humboldt cops are the worst most useless bunch since Making a Murderer

They remind me of the Paradise Lost cops---that's another documentary (there are 3 of them actually) that is absolutely riveting, superior stuff.

You watch enough of these types of documentaries and you start to realize, over time, that there is a shitload of really horrible police work being done in this country, typically in smaller, poorer areas.

The police are concerned with public perception that they are doing their job and "solving" crime.  So that becomes the priority, not actually serving justice.  They then grab whatever victim they can find, and pin the crime on him, or just fail to do their job entirely. 

This seems to be standard operating procedure for a certain level of law enforcement throughout America.

Not sure how that can be fixed.

4 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

Sounds a bit like the message is when an illegal activity arises and causes difficulty; legalizing the activity ='s problem solved.

IMHO, that's a tragic message.

It's more complicated than that.   One problem shown in the documentary is that if you make it hard enough for ex-criminals to follow the law, they're going to forget following the law and resort to doing what they know best--breaking the law.

The lesson to be learned, IMO, is that California needs to re-think the administrative hoops pot growers need to jump through in order to grow pot legally.