Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Reed83HOF

Den: Kubiak not going to be OC, and no longer in Denver - likely due to disagreement over Dennison

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

At some point Elway needs to either come down and coach the team or start leaving his staff alone.

 

As they say, if you can’t leave your staff alone, you’ll eventually go blind.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a terrible situation, I don't think. The D is elite (5th in DVOA and possessing terrific talent), and Fangio is a really good defensive coach.  They lost a ton of close games this season and weren't far from being 10-6. They were a tough out for the teams that beat them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

 

Whelp, in 2-3 years we'll find out whether John Elway is the bumbling idiot many think he is or a competant professional who rightly put his stamp on the organization he was in charge of.

 

 

I'm a strong lean towards the former. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WMDman said:

HAHAHA all of this over Rico!

 

Well anyone named Rico is a bad joke.  He should get rid of the stupid nickname.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Whelp, in 2-3 years we'll find out whether John Elway is the bumbling idiot many think he is or a competant professional who rightly put his stamp on the organization he was in charge of.

 

 

I'm a strong lean towards the former. 

 

Not surprising that you lean that based on your fact free quote or do you have something to back up "bumbling idiot many think"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Well anyone named Rico is a bad joke.  He should get rid of the stupid nickname.

 

Not surprising that you lean that based on your fact free quote or do you have something to back up "bumbling idiot many think"?

Shall we start with Joseph or Siemian or Osweiler or Kelly or Lynch or Keenum?  I could go google John Elway idiot moves, but those are off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Shall we start with Joseph or Siemian or Osweiler or Kelly or Lynch or Keenum?  I could go google John Elway idiot moves, but those are off the top of my head.

 

Yes but you said many not just you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Wonderful. We'll put you firmly in the John Elway is a genius camp. 

 

Sure Royal "We" again.  This is not politics with one side or other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Call me crazy, but I didn’t really mind Dennison when he was here.

Too easy.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Whelp, in 2-3 years we'll find out whether John Elway is the bumbling idiot many think he is or a competent professional who rightly put his stamp on the organization he was in charge of.   I'm a strong lean towards the former. 

 

Elway has surely failed, so far, at the GM's ultimate task: finding the team a long-term quality NFL starter at QB.  I don't know if that makes him a "bumbling idiot", but it will surely doom him as a GM if he doesn't quickly figure it out.

 

I'm not sure moving on from Kubiak is really more than noise.  There's no question Kubiak knows something, but to have a 4x Superbowl winner and former HC of the team during a SB win as one's OC sounds like a "setup for second guessing" to a new HC.   Denver has a bunch of guys who played under Kubiak still on the roster, it's not a comfortable situation.

 

And frankly, the Broncos offense under Kubiak and Dennison was simply not good.  Peyton Manning shadow of himself yadda yadda - the previous year, Gase worked well with what Manning was comfortable with and able to do, Dennison did not and was very stubborn about changing.  If that's the reason to move on from Kubiak as OC, good reason IMO.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick Dennison as OC = “Baaaaaaaaaad Things Man!”

 

 

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

Call me crazy, but I didn’t really mind Dennison when he was here.

 

He was a terrible OC and rightfully fired 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Rick Dennison as OC = “Baaaaaaaaaad Things Man!”

 

 

 

He was a terrible OC and rightfully fired 

 

Dennison in his sleep is far superior to Daboll.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gugny said:

 

Dennison in his sleep is far superior to Daboll.

 

Your opinion.  I disagree.  I felt that Daboll did more with less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

 

Your opinion.  I disagree.  I felt that Daboll did more with less.

 

30th overall offense in the league isn't doing more.  It's horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

30th overall offense in the league isn't doing more.  It's horrible.

 

Dennsion’s Offense was just as bad.  The difference is he had an experience QB, better OL, and a decent running game.

 

Daboll started the year with a rookie QB, terrible OL, and worse receiving prospects.  By the end of the year you saw gains in 2 out of the 3 areas (OL was still bad.).  That’s a credit to Daboll.  

 

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

 

Dennsion’s Offense was just as bad.  The difference is he had an experience QB, better OL, and a decent running game.

 

Daboll started the year with a rookie QB, terrible OL, and worse receiving prospects.  By the end of the year you saw gains in 2 out of the 3 areas (OL was still bad.).  That’s a credit to Daboll.  

 

 

Just because Tyrod had "experience," didn't make him any less of a pile of garbage.  Daboll had a BETTER quarterback.  Daboll's playcalling played a big part in the offense sucking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Elway has surely failed, so far, at the GM's ultimate task: finding the team a long-term quality NFL starter at QB.  I don't know if that makes him a "bumbling idiot", but it will surely doom him as a GM if he doesn't quickly figure it out.

 

While not long term solutions, I can see Denver making a run at Joe Flacco or Eli Manning (assuming he is done in NYG) this offseason.  Should be able to get at least 2-3 years out of them and buy Elway some time.  I've mentioned previously, Elway for being a former great QB, is no better than any other GM in finding a young QB.  That could be his downfall, even with the good will Elway has with the Bowlen family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BillsVet said:

At some point Joe Ellis needs to find a way to move on from Elway as GM. 

Except in Denver, saying “John Elway” evokes the same reaction as saying “Randolph Scott” did in ‘Blazing Saddles’.  The fine folk of Denver will tar and feather Ellis first.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

 

Just because Tyrod had "experience," didn't make him any less of a pile of garbage.  Daboll had a BETTER quarterback.  Daboll's playcalling played a big part in the offense sucking.

 

I'm not pro or anti-Daboll at this point; I'm will to give him next season with a known starter in Josh Allen and backup in Matt Barkley.  This year, Daboll had four quarterbacks he had to work with, two of which were rookies: Peterman, Allen, Barkley, and Derek Anderson.  Plus a patchwork OL and WR corps.  Tough things to work with.

 

Tyrod was not the answer, obviously, but he had enough experience and ability to run an offense.  Anthony Lynn got production out of Tyrod, yet Dennison could not.  Denver's offense also regressed under Dennison.  Peyton Manning's regression is an easy excuse, which I don't buy; Hapless Bills Fan pointed this out above.  The point is, Dennison is a horrible OC and I don't think it matters who the QB is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

 

 

Well, this is certainly a horse of a different color...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Except in Denver, saying “John Elway” evokes the same reaction as saying “Randolph Scott” did in ‘Blazing Saddles’.  The fine folk of Denver will tar and feather Ellis first.

 

 

...all of this yapping about "Port-A- John" Elway's greatness off the field gets old really fast...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, boco357 said:

How much more of a leash will Elway have?

 

Likely his leash will remain until team ownership is finalized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Except in Denver, saying “John Elway” evokes the same reaction as saying “Randolph Scott” did in ‘Blazing Saddles’.  The fine folk of Denver will tar and feather Ellis first.

Randolph Scott!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...