Den: Kubiak not going to be OC, and no longer in Denver - likely due to disagreement over Dennison

Reed83HOF

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

30th overall offense in the league isn't doing more.  It's horrible.

Dennsion’s Offense was just as bad.  The difference is he had an experience QB, better OL, and a decent running game.

Daboll started the year with a rookie QB, terrible OL, and worse receiving prospects.  By the end of the year you saw gains in 2 out of the 3 areas (OL was still bad.).  That’s a credit to Daboll.  

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

18 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Dennsion’s Offense was just as bad.  The difference is he had an experience QB, better OL, and a decent running game.

Daboll started the year with a rookie QB, terrible OL, and worse receiving prospects.  By the end of the year you saw gains in 2 out of the 3 areas (OL was still bad.).  That’s a credit to Daboll.  

Just because Tyrod had "experience," didn't make him any less of a pile of garbage.  Daboll had a BETTER quarterback.  Daboll's playcalling played a big part in the offense sucking.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Elway has surely failed, so far, at the GM's ultimate task: finding the team a long-term quality NFL starter at QB.  I don't know if that makes him a "bumbling idiot", but it will surely doom him as a GM if he doesn't quickly figure it out.

While not long term solutions, I can see Denver making a run at Joe Flacco or Eli Manning (assuming he is done in NYG) this offseason.  Should be able to get at least 2-3 years out of them and buy Elway some time.  I've mentioned previously, Elway for being a former great QB, is no better than any other GM in finding a young QB.  That could be his downfall, even with the good will Elway has with the Bowlen family.

22 hours ago, BillsVet said:

At some point Joe Ellis needs to find a way to move on from Elway as GM. 

Except in Denver, saying “John Elway” evokes the same reaction as saying “Randolph Scott” did in ‘Blazing Saddles’.  The fine folk of Denver will tar and feather Ellis first.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Just because Tyrod had "experience," didn't make him any less of a pile of garbage.  Daboll had a BETTER quarterback.  Daboll's playcalling played a big part in the offense sucking.

I'm not pro or anti-Daboll at this point; I'm will to give him next season with a known starter in Josh Allen and backup in Matt Barkley.  This year, Daboll had four quarterbacks he had to work with, two of which were rookies: Peterman, Allen, Barkley, and Derek Anderson.  Plus a patchwork OL and WR corps.  Tough things to work with.

Tyrod was not the answer, obviously, but he had enough experience and ability to run an offense.  Anthony Lynn got production out of Tyrod, yet Dennison could not.  Denver's offense also regressed under Dennison.  Peyton Manning's regression is an easy excuse, which I don't buy; Hapless Bills Fan pointed this out above.  The point is, Dennison is a horrible OC and I don't think it matters who the QB is.

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Except in Denver, saying “John Elway” evokes the same reaction as saying “Randolph Scott” did in ‘Blazing Saddles’.  The fine folk of Denver will tar and feather Ellis first.

...all of this yapping about "Port-A- John" Elway's greatness off the field gets old really fast...........

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Randolph Scott!

On 1/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, Reed83HOF said:

Yikes Denver is a mess.

i like Fangio but he better get a good OC and pray Chad Kelly is brought back as this QB draft is terrible.

maybe they trade for Foles or offer the farm for Wentz.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, boco357 said:

How much more of a leash will Elway have?

i think he ends up as owner