Den: Kubiak not going to be OC, and no longer in Denver - likely due to disagreement over Dennison

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Elway is wrong to try and force Kubiak on Fangio in the first place. 

You hire a coach for their vision and trust them to build a staff to accomplish that vision. 

Between this, the ownership issues, and a roster that is fading fast, it's a great situation for Vic. 

Well, Fangio didn't have to take the position.  I agree with your second sentence; Fangio knew the deal and took it anyway.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Elway is wrong to try and force Kubiak on Fangio in the first place. 

You hire a coach for their vision and trust them to build a staff to accomplish that vision. 

Between this, the ownership issues, and a roster that is fading fast, it's a great situation for Vic. 

It wouldve been awkward too with kubiak there when he won a sb as hc and some of those players remain. Cant imagine fangio really wanted that no matter what he said

It's not a terrible situation, I don't think. The D is elite (5th in DVOA and possessing terrific talent), and Fangio is a really good defensive coach.  They lost a ton of close games this season and weren't far from being 10-6. They were a tough out for the teams that beat them. 

18 hours ago, WMDman said:

HAHAHA all of this over Rico!

Well anyone named Rico is a bad joke.  He should get rid of the stupid nickname.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Whelp, in 2-3 years we'll find out whether John Elway is the bumbling idiot many think he is or a competant professional who rightly put his stamp on the organization he was in charge of.

I'm a strong lean towards the former. 

Not surprising that you lean that based on your fact free quote or do you have something to back up "bumbling idiot many think"?

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well anyone named Rico is a bad joke.  He should get rid of the stupid nickname.

Not surprising that you lean that based on your fact free quote or do you have something to back up "bumbling idiot many think"?

Shall we start with Joseph or Siemian or Osweiler or Kelly or Lynch or Keenum?  I could go google John Elway idiot moves, but those are off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Whelp, in 2-3 years we'll find out whether John Elway is the bumbling idiot many think he is or a competent professional who rightly put his stamp on the organization he was in charge of.   I'm a strong lean towards the former. 

Elway has surely failed, so far, at the GM's ultimate task: finding the team a long-term quality NFL starter at QB.  I don't know if that makes him a "bumbling idiot", but it will surely doom him as a GM if he doesn't quickly figure it out.

I'm not sure moving on from Kubiak is really more than noise.  There's no question Kubiak knows something, but to have a 4x Superbowl winner and former HC of the team during a SB win as one's OC sounds like a "setup for second guessing" to a new HC.   Denver has a bunch of guys who played under Kubiak still on the roster, it's not a comfortable situation.

And frankly, the Broncos offense under Kubiak and Dennison was simply not good.  Peyton Manning shadow of himself yadda yadda - the previous year, Gase worked well with what Manning was comfortable with and able to do, Dennison did not and was very stubborn about changing.  If that's the reason to move on from Kubiak as OC, good reason IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Rick Dennison as OC = “Baaaaaaaaaad Things Man!”

He was a terrible OC and rightfully fired 

Dennison in his sleep is far superior to Daboll.