Den: Kubiak not going to be OC, and no longer in Denver - likely due to disagreement over Dennison

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, boco357 said:

How much more of a leash will Elway have?

That's a good question...he's shown an inability to draft a QB (Osweiler, Paxton Lynch) and that's usually going to end your career. 

At some point Joe Ellis needs to find a way to move on from Elway as GM. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WMDman said:

HAHAHA all of this over Rico!

Haha. Like WTF? This guy gets more play than David Dennison. I just don't get it.

Imagine someone pounding on the table; "GET ME RICK DENNISON OR I'M OUTTA HERE!"

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Elway is right to avoid bringing Dennison back.

Elway is wrong to try and force Kubiak on Fangio in the first place. 

You hire a coach for their vision and trust them to build a staff to accomplish that vision. 

Between this, the ownership issues, and a roster that is fading fast, it's a great situation for Vic. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Elway is wrong to try and force Kubiak on Fangio in the first place. 

You hire a coach for their vision and trust them to build a staff to accomplish that vision. 

Between this, the ownership issues, and a roster that is fading fast, it's a great situation for Vic. 

"But other than That, Mrs Lincoln, How did you like the play?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

...sounds like Yolo's "good buddy" Horseface has the Broncos lookin' like the SS Minnow in need of new bilge pumps.......Big Bad John thought Kubiak was a shoo-in to remain with the organization and glad to see Gary stood his ground......Elway's ego is bigger than the Rockies, so touche'......poor Vic.........

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sounds like Yolo's "good buddy" Horseface has the Broncos lookin' like the SS Minnow in need of new bilge pumps.......Big Bad John thought Kubiak was a shoo-in to remain with the organization and glad to see Gary stood his ground......Elway's ego is bigger than the Rockies, so touche'......poor Vic.........

LOL, there is a lot of WTF going on out here in Broncoland!

I Love it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

So, they hired Fangio because (apparently) he would be willing to accept Kubiak, and now they can't hire Kubiak because he wanted to hire Dennison?

You'd think that a GM would have vetted these types of issues prior to making a hiring.

...so you're questioning JOHN ELWAY?.....blasphemy my friend.......

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

How much more of a leash will Elway have?

It took a lot for the fans to turn on Elway, but ... here in Colorado it's finally happening.

Elway is largely responsible for two great things: drafting (and then re-signing for big bucks) Vonn Miller, and signing Peyton Manning. But the good feelings and results that came from that do wear out after a period of time. He really flubbed this one.