Vance Jospeh named DC in Arizona...how???

Big Turk

In a league where results matter more than anything else, how does it not seem to matter with him?

His defense sucked in Miami and then somehow he turns that into a promotion to a HC in Denver...his team sucked in Denver both years he was there and the defense got worse, and now he is rewarded again by getting another DC job??

When do results start mattering for him??

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

In a league where results matter more than anything else, how does it not seem to matter with him?

His defense sucked in Miami and then somehow he turns that into a promotion to a HC in Denver...his team sucked in Denver both years he was there and the defense got worse, and now he is rewarded again by getting another DC job??

It's not whether you win or lose----it's how you played the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was also perplexed when he was given the Broncos job after only what, like one or two years as Miami's DC, and their defense wasn't anything to write home about. But around that time I do recall reading that he's well respected as a leader and as someone who has a natural ability to connect with his players. I'd assume that's what keeps getting him good jobs in the league.

28 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He fills out employment forms completely and neatly?  Maybe his sending over a case of Hickory Farms cheese logs post interview was the clincher?

It must have you upset.  You can’t spell ‘Joseph’!

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

33 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

A lot of people thought he did an excellent job in Miami given the extremely low level of defensive talent while he was there. The consensus view was that he did it with smoke and mirrors given how bad the defensive roster was. It was much discussed at the time of his hiring by Denver. 

25 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I was also perplexed when he was given the Broncos job after only what, like one or two years as Miami's DC, and their defense wasn't anything to write home about. But around that time I do recall reading that he's well respected as a leader and as someone who has a natural ability to connect with his players. I'd assume that's what keeps getting him good jobs in the league.

People focus too much on numbers/rankings without considering the talent a coach has to work with. I'm not saying Joseph is the second coming, but it is a fact that Miami's defensive talent was horrific in 2016, and they went to the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Same time results matter for Daboll? Just sayin.....

• Like (+1) 1

All teams have an answer for when the results are not great.

Some Bronco fans I know say he’s got some F’ed off field skeletons in his closet too.  I can’t remember exactly what it was, but I think it may have involved domestic violence.  Anyone know of any off field things with him?  My friend just kept complaining that not only was he a terrible HC, but was a POS off the field and couldn’t believe he was still their HC.

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Remember when Rex Ryan sucked and then we hired him immediately following his firing?  And remember when we then fired him before he completed his second season?  Good times.  

...and with all of the current openings, his phone NEVER rang ONCE...even BETTER times.........

They are new Browns, haven’t you heard?