Seinfeld-related Fun Fact

Gugny

In another thread, some of us have been discussing a possible Woodstock 50th Anniversary festival.

Coincidentally, a local radio station posted when they believed is a promotional poster for said event.  One problem .... the poster had Gregg Allman headlining the first night.  After finding a couple other bands' names misspelled, I noticed that it said it would be hosted by Country Joe McDonald.  I thought that he, too, may be dead, so I Googled it and went to his wiki page.

I found out that he is alive.  But I kept reading and this is where the Seinfeld link happened .....

"McDonald was married to Kathe Werum from 1963 to 1966 and married Robin Menken a year after his divorce from Werum.  In 1968, Menken gave birth to the couple's first daughter, Seven Anne McDonald, in San Francisco."

Dude named his daughter, "Seven."

• Haha (+1) 1

The most meta dialogue came when George was dating two women at the same time and couldn't remember which was which:

George, at Monk's with Loretta: "The, uh, actor that played Jesus made some odd choices."
Loretta: "What?"
George: "I mean, uh... I had fun ice skating."

Loretta smiles and nods and digs into her ice cream sundae.

• Like (+1) 1

"71. That was my first year on the job.

Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America.

Hippies burning library cards. Abby Hoffman telling kids to burn books.

I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag.

But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the the New York public library fella."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/11/2019 at 2:12 PM, Gugny said:

In another thread, some of us have been discussing a possible Woodstock 50th Anniversary festival.

Coincidentally, a local radio station posted when they believed is a promotional poster for said event.  One problem .... the poster had Gregg Allman headlining the first night.  After finding a couple other bands' names misspelled, I noticed that it said it would be hosted by Country Joe McDonald.  I thought that he, too, may be dead, so I Googled it and went to his wiki page.

I found out that he is alive.  But I kept reading and this is where the Seinfeld link happened .....

"McDonald was married to Kathe Werum from 1963 to 1966 and married Robin Menken a year after his divorce from Werum.  In 1968, Menken gave birth to the couple's first daughter, Seven Anne McDonald, in San Francisco."

Dude named his daughter, "Seven."

Oh it's more than possible, that event has been confirmed my friend.  Woodstock 2019 Baby!