Just How Bad Was Buffalo's Run Game Aside from Josh Allen?

thebandit27

On 1/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, Cripple Creek said:

I hate it when people ask me a question and then answer it without giving me an opportunity to utter a sound. 

Why do you hate it? Because, the asker wishes to give his/her answer (opinion) before you.

Did I do it right? Yes. Yes I did.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:59 PM, GunnerBill said:

Well done missing the point of this thread. 

Hence the wording, "interesting point-of-note."  

Perhaps for your benefit I should have said "side note," maybe you'd have gotten the point then.  

I'll try to choose my words more carefully next time for your benefit.  

On 1/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Errrmmmmm....  methinks the point of this thread was to assess what the Bills run game was like independent of Allen.

You're looking for one of the threads about Allen ....down two flights, turn left, end of the hall.  

Errrmmmmm,  see the post before this one.  

But as long as you want to dwell on the rushing, what doe sit say about McBeane for utterly failing to recognize that Shady's performance could and likely would diminish rapidly while making no significant plans for replacing him?  

Nice way to continue to heap team needs onto a single offseason.  At the rate we're going perhaps they'll figure all this out by the time Allen's contract is up.  

Are we the only team in the league that has significant needs at every offensive position besides QB and one or maybe two spots on the OL?  

4 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Hence the wording, "interesting point-of-note."  

Perhaps for your benefit I should have said "side note," maybe you'd have gotten the point then.  

I'll try to choose my words more carefully next time for your benefit. 

It's of benefit to all readers to choose your words to convey your intended meaning.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's of benefit to all readers to choose your words to convey your intended meaning.

Most appear to have gotten it.  

It's also of benefit to all readers to substantiate their opinions, and ROFLMAO if that typically happens.  About the best we get is the iconic "eye test."  LOL  

Yes, the run game was awful all year. We must have been stopped at 2 yards or less on most of our running plays other than Allen scrambles. We need at least 3 new starters on the OL with 2 being vast improvements and we also need Dawkins and Teller to take the next step. Dawkins was a real disappointment this year. I was looking for him to take the next step and he didn't.

5 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Why do you hate it? Because, the asker wishes to give his/her answer (opinion) before you.

Did I do it right? Yes. Yes I did.

It was a joke. The thread title is axing a question, but the OP gave a very thorough and well reasoned analysis. Hence my jab. Why ax a question if you already know the answer.

3 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

The only rb that could have had a good year behind the run blocking our o-line provided would have been Barry Sanders. I put it mostly on the horrible o-line, not the rb's. We'll see what next year brings. 

Our RBs were horrible. The Oline was horrible.  Both were problems. 

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

It was a joke. The thread title is axing a question, but the OP gave a very thorough and well reasoned analysis. Hence my jab. Why ax a question if you already know the answer.

My reply was also a joke.

4 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The RBs were slow and did not take advantage when they could. They were flat out awful.  

The Bills were 30th in run bocking according to Football Outsiders. It showed. They missed Wood and Richie big time. 

But as I’ve said before, they need to prepare for life without Shady. 

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bills were 30th in run bocking according to Football Outsiders. It showed. They missed Wood and Richie big time. 

But as I’ve said before, they need to prepare for life without Shady. 

I looked there for a stat I heard during a game by a commentator that showed Zeke Elliot had the most yds after hand off before being touched. Yep, We were last. 

• Like (+1) 1

Center and both guards were terrible the majority of the year.  Dawkins and Mills seemed to take a step backwards, imo from the poor play beside them.   The stable of running backs were not that good either. McCoy lost his burst, the rest of the guys defense didn't worry about.