Divisional Round Picks

CommonCents

Pick 4.

Cowboys@Rams, Cowboys+7

I listed this one first, it’s the game I like the least as far as betting. Is Gurley healthy? Is not having a true home field advantage going to cost LA? Too many questions, I’m taking the points and the better D.

Eagles@Saints, Eagles+8/ML

Wentz and the Eagles were destroyed on their first visit to NO. I expect a much better effort against a team in NO that may have peaked too soon. 

Chargers@Pats, Pats-4 

Chargers are coming to the East Coast for the 2nd time in a week and playing a rested Patriots team. LA is missing a few key run stoppers and I expect the Pats will take this game over in the 2nd half. LA will look exhausted by the 4th.

Colts@KC, Colts+5, ML

Colts have a more balanced offense, a better defense, and they are healthier. Berry is out again for KC. Andy Reid’s playoff history is questionable and so is KC’s chances of winning this game. I feel like the Colts are a lock this week.

goodluck gents!

Rams are at home--same place as all home games , no?   Rams.

Saints.

NE.  Rivers looked shaky last week and the Chargers were just dying to choke away that game to Lamar Jackson.

Colts have more balance?  The Chiefs have scored 32.2 ppg over 5 games in December---without Hunt.  The Colts have only scored 21 ppg over their last 6.  But Andy Reid's playoff ineptitude is alsway the true "wild card".  I think Mahomes is "Reid-proof", so....Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rams are at home--same place as all home games , no?   Rams.

Saints.

NE.  Rivers looked shaky last week and the Chargers were just dying to choke away that game to Lamar Jackson.

Colts have more balance?  The Chiefs have scored 32.2 ppg over 5 games in December---without Hunt.  The Colts have only scored 21 ppg over their last 6.  But Andy Reid's playoff ineptitude is alsway the true "wild card".  I think Mahomes is "Reid-proof", so....Chiefs.

Colts lead the league in 12+ play drives, I heard the stat this morning on the radio, I can’t recall exactly how many. Mack has been a beast since getting healthy and taking over the featured roll. Damien Williams is better than most people think but I’d take the Colts oline and Mack against KC’s D in this one. 

Straight up I say:

Rams

Saints

Chargers

KC

I think my Chargers pick is based purely on hope and imagination, as it would be so glorious to see them go up there and spank NE. I'll believe it when I see it though!  I'm still picking LA, based purely on hope!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Colts lead the league in 12+ play drives, I heard the stat this morning on the radio, I can’t recall exactly how many. Mack has been a beast since getting healthy and taking over the featured roll. Damien Williams is better than most people think but I’d take the Colts oline and Mack against KC’s D in this one. 

Yeah but it just chews up clock and doesn't produce a lot of points.  The Chiefs score quick and often.

i got a little confused by the op.     teams that are plus = underdogs by  said points...assuming.

teams  minus  points= favored by at least...assuming.

anyway here's my predicts...

rams/ dallas       rams:  31-27  i think the cowboys d plays em tough, but the rams get the last score of the game and dallas doesn't have time to comeback.

colts / kc    colts:  27-24  colts keep kc's offense off the field and luck gets game winning drive.

ne / chargers     chargers:  35-31  no field goals for the chargers and their d holds off  brady on his last drive.

saints / philly      my heart is rooting for foles but,  my head says.....well i can't make up my mind so i'm going with the saints with the home field fg.

could be 17-14 or 41-38 idk.

championship games:

colts @  chargers   chargers: 30-27   it's gonna be a slugfest with no real home field for la, but they score last. indy's young defense can't quite get it done.

rams @ saints.   saints:  34- 21   i believe n.o. has home throughout....so i'm going with the home team. i think the saints will dish out a defensive game plan that the rams ain't ready for.

superbowl :  chargers / saints      chargers: 38- 34   rivers gets his well deserved ring and an almost assured spot in the hof.

all around great game with rivers the mvp.

Edited by billsredneck1