Barbarian's Mock 2

On 1/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, mannc said:

Great job, but where’s the RB?  Gotta have at least one, maybe 2.

UDFA.

i really want want Oulette from Ohio, reminds me of Rex Berkhead with out the health issues And some other Fred Jackson type player.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, PastaJoe said:

McDermott could never go 4 rounds without picking a defense player, he’d be climbing the walls.

better get used to it lol.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 1/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, ctk232 said:

I actually don't mind a lot of these but question when it is we pick DK here - if it's at 9 that would arguably be a helluva reach.

The one I LOVE about this is Burr-Kirven, would absolutely love to get this kid in the late rounds. I'm slightly biased being in Seattle and end up watching the PAC games more than most other conferences, but even comparable to other conferences, the kid has one of the best football IQ/awareness traits of any guy out there.

He played in the standard 4-3 LB role, but fits more of a SS/LB LOS defender profile in the NFL. He'll get dinged for not falling perfectly within either the physical or speed schools, as his size holds him out of the conversation at the LB position, and isn't quite fast enough to be the prototypical TJ Smith speed LB, though he can get to the flats for coverage consistently. But what he lacks in top value size/speed he makes up for in smarts and form tackling - kid is great in short-mid range coverage and is able to identify where plays are going before blockers can get there to remove him from the play. His 94 solo tackles this year were insane to watch, and while no guy is perfect, it was slotgreat watching him diagnose plays and beat blockers/coverage to the ball. Haven't seen many LBs able to dissect run packages like he can at that level, but his contributions would most certainly extend to ST here, too.

He'd be an instant depth upgrade at both the LB position and in our big nickel package, and be a great contributor to ST as well. Would love to see this happen on day 3.

i definitely could see him as our big nickel.

When i watched Washington i kept seeing him make play and when he came up in that slot i had to grab him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 2:24 PM, JMF2006 said:

We have 2 young punters on IR.

Even in the 7th there must be a better option.

Won the Ray Guy award. When i watched Utah the punter was crushing it.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:24 PM, BmarvB said:

If the best O-Lineman in the draft falls down to them at #9,  pull the trigger and make the pick.

I still want Jonah, but wanted to go different in this draft.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, freddyjj said:

Like the top 4, but I would go Jonah Williams OT in Rd1 as I think Metcalf could be had at pick 41 given injury concerns.  Also any DT picked should be a 3T as we don't really have one now (Jordan Philips could play there if re-signed).  Good work here

Jordan is too big for T3, Harry can play 3, we got run over, we need some space eaters up front.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:47 PM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Solid mock draft.

I don't think I'd take a WR in this draft top 20, if I was going to take a flier on a guy it would be our own UB alum Anthony Johnson, the guy runs really nice routes, not blazing speed but enough to keep the defense honest and excellent hands plus we screwed up on not taking Khalil Mack so I'd think we'd be straight up fools to do that again if the opportunity was right. I have a feeling we select a pass rusher, Clelin Ferrell of Clemson round 1, I truly believe the Bills will build up most of the OL in FA, also add a veteran WR then get the rest via draft, heavy offensive draft I'd say.

wasnt a fan of UB 's talent this year, really underperformed in the games i watched.

12 hours ago, WideNine said:

I tried to improve on this last night because I feel like taking any of the available WRs at #9 is a reach, but anytime I took an impact defensive player first it kind of threw the whole thing off. The ideal situation is if Buffalo can trade down for an extra pick.

If they take an impact defensive player I am thinking DT that can make tackles for a loss (thinking run stopping issues)  behind the lind of scrimmage:

1. DT Christian Wilkins  6'4" Clemson (or Dexter Lawrence there are more than a few impact DTs here BPA)

then one of the several bigger receivers available this year with enough speed and decent hands should still be available in the early 2nd:

2.  A J Brown, or Riley Ridley - Brown may not drop so far, but Ridley should be about there.

So in the 3rd you take a chance on the deep TE class and go for the best offensive linemen available.

3. OT Edwards or OG Deiter from a good Badger program or maybe Risner from Kansas. I like your Edwards pick as he is a road grader at RT, my interior picks here are guys that have played well in other positions across the line so good depth or ability to plug holes missed in FA

We both land on TE here, but there is no way Hock (if he declares) drops to the 4th regardless of what drafttek says he will be gone by the early 3rd round, as will Fant (not a fan), and Albert Akwue...., Caleb Wilson just does not seem to have the quickness on film that I have seen on his write ups, looks slow out of his breaks... here is where I hope someone like Oliver falls.

4. TE Josh Oliver 6'5" 250 San Jose State Not used as much as he could have been, but an ex-basket ball forward, a lot of athleticism and you can see the snow boarder with the unique size and balance in the film.

4. EDGE D'Andre Walker 6'3" 245 Georgia - Looking to groom that guy that can play some edge rushing and perhaps begin to spell Hughes so he can keep that motor going.

5. OT Max Scharping 6'6" Northern Illinois - pretty solid prospect in a draft without a lot of offensive stars. The best thing about Scharping is that he doesn't get a lot of attention which is usually a good thing for o-linemen.

5. CB Iman Marshall 6'0" USC or JoeJuan Williams 6'2" 205 Vanderbilt is an intriguing DB for his size and coverage skills could also project to safety in NFL if he bulks up a bit.

6. DT Chris Slayton 6'4" 309 Syracuse - DT depth and we need to cycle guys in as we will be hurting without Kyle so grabbing 2 interior DTs in this draft.

7. There is rarely a run on punters, but we need one and why not if Mitch is there.

My UFA sleeper is Jalen Hurd - 6'4" 230 WR Baylor - I think the kid has been a bit black-listed because he refused to stay in a RB role for Tennessee and transferred to Baylor to play WR. As a big upright target, the kid was taking a pounding at RB at Tennessee and they would not move him, but he is a naturally gifted athlete and pretty much was the multi-tool kit offensive weapon for Baylor and no team issues.

He definitely has some rough edges as he just converted to the position not too long ago, but has shown a very fast learning curve with great athleticism and size, and from the RB background he has exceptional RAC.

Will be interesting kid to watch in the senior bowl.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/29/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jalen-hurd/

Good work.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Only because we need one <_<

Ahhh it's just a neck injury, no biggie ;) . Metcalfe has elite talent so its worth it.

That's were they had Winovich ranked.

not worried about RB. Hate Oliver

I would be worried about RB. McCoy and Ivory are both 30+, Murphy is late twenties as well and JAG. They need to bring a kid in this year, let him cut his teeth in 2019 and then turn it over to him in 2020.

Used First Pick simulator, no trades.  Like the other Josh Allen as can play behind Zo or replace him and can play DE in the 4-3 in pass situations.  Invest in 2 starter level OL and get a large Red Zone WR and a Bell Cow RB.   Alos add a large perimeter CB, a 3T  DL and some other depth at LB, TE and FB.

Your score is: 30745 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Taylor, Jawaan, OT, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Arcega-Whiteside, JJ, WR, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Singletary, Devin, RB, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31: Austin, Blessuan, CB, Rutgers (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Wise, Daniel, DT, Kansas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: McCoy, TJ, C, Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Quarterman, Shaquille, ILB, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Crum, Micky, TE, Louisville (A+)
Round 7 Pick 16: Aston, George, FB, Pittsburgh (A+)

9: R1P9

DL ED OLIVER
HOUSTON
41: R2P9

WR MARQUISE BROWN
OKLAHOMA
71: R3P7

WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE
113: R4P11

EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH
133: R4P31

ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M
149: R5P10

OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
159: R5P20

TE FOSTER MOREAU
LSU
184: R6P9

OT MAX SCHARPING
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
224: R7P8

RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS
TEXAS A&M
230: R7P14

CB IMAN MARSHALL
USC

17 hours ago, JohnC said:

When considering and evaluating Jonah Williams don't fall into the combine mentality trap of excessively rating a player based on athletic talents. There is no  doubt that he isn't physically imposing or the most athletic lineman to be considered. But if one places the emphasis on position skill and technical skills such as footwork and positioning he should be rated very highly. 

It isn't his athleticism that bothers me, it's that I've read he has trouble with speed rushers and that's a bad quality to have in the NFL. To be clear I am by no means an offensive line scout. I won't be ranting and raving if Jonah Williams is our pick at #9 as I think he will be solid at the NFL level and he is versatile. But I expect more talented players to be available at #9 and I would consider him a reach. Beane has been very open about his strategy. He will fill needs in free agency and draft BPA on day 1 and 2. I will be surprised if we draft an offensive player at #9.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't his athleticism that bothers me, it's that I've read he has trouble with speed rushers and that's a bad quality to have in the NFL. To be clear I am by no means an offensive line scout. I won't be ranting and raving if Jonah Williams is our pick at #9 as I think he will be solid at the NFL level and he is versatile. But I expect more talented players to be available at #9 and I would consider him a reach. Beane has been very open about his strategy. He will fill needs in free agency and draft BPA on day 1 and 2. I will be surprised if we draft an offensive player at #9.

The football reality is that even top-shelf OTs have trouble with premium pass rushers. They are such special athletes that very few linemen can handle them one on one. Don't misconstrue my position. I'm not wedded to any particular player. But what I am wedded to is the belief that by dramatically upgrading our line you will be putting JA in a position to succeed. I'm not saying you have to do it just through the draft or free agency. Probably the best way to address this glaring deficit is through both the draft and free agency.  

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The football reality is that even top-shelf OTs have trouble with premium pass rushers. They are such special athletes that very few linemen can handle them one on one. Don't misconstrue my position. I'm not wedded to any particular player. But what I am wedded to is the belief that by dramatically upgrading our line you will be putting JA in a position to succeed. I'm not saying you have to do it just through the draft or free agency. Probably the best way to address this glaring deficit is through both the draft and free agency.  

I watched Williams and Ferrill intently during the NC game. Ferrill soundly beat him virtually every time they lined up against each other. Not just in pass pro either. He got pushed back run blocking as well. He's not an NFL LT IMO. Rather take the guy that was whooping him.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I watched Williams and Ferrill intently during the NC game. Ferrill soundly beat him virtually every time they lined up against each other. Not just in pass pro either. He got pushed back run blocking as well. He's not an NFL LT IMO. Rather take the guy that was whooping him.

As I said in prior posts I'm not wedded to any particular linemen. The evaluation process is at an early stage. What I have been consistently saying is that through the draft and free agency the OL has to be addressed in a major way, not in a marginal way. 

If I were to have to place a bet on what position will be drafted for in the first round I would say a defensive linemen. Part of the reason is the proclivity of our HC and the abundance of talent at that position. 

4 hours ago, JM57 said:

I would be worried about RB. McCoy and Ivory are both 30+, Murphy is late twenties as well and JAG. They need to bring a kid in this year, let him cut his teeth in 2019 and then turn it over to him in 2020.

RBs can be found anywhere.

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Used First Pick simulator, no trades.  Like the other Josh Allen as can play behind Zo or replace him and can play DE in the 4-3 in pass situations.  Invest in 2 starter level OL and get a large Red Zone WR and a Bell Cow RB.   Alos add a large perimeter CB, a 3T  DL and some other depth at LB, TE and FB.

Your score is: 30745 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Taylor, Jawaan, OT, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Arcega-Whiteside, JJ, WR, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Singletary, Devin, RB, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31: Austin, Blessuan, CB, Rutgers (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Wise, Daniel, DT, Kansas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: McCoy, TJ, C, Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Quarterman, Shaquille, ILB, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Crum, Micky, TE, Louisville (A+)
Round 7 Pick 16: Aston, George, FB, Pittsburgh (A+)

I never have used a simulator, i like going through the player rankings myself.

YOUR TEAM: BUFFALO BILLS

GAME OVER! 

Your score is: 27446 (GRADE: B) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11 (CINN): Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (CINN): Harmon, Kelvin, WR, North Carolina State (A)
Round 2 Pick 15 (WASH): Deiter, Michael, OG/OT, Wisconsin (B+)
Round 3 Pick 8: Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 14 (WASH): Conrad, CJ, TE, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Wise, Daniel, DT, Kansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 31: Tega Wanogho, Prince, OT, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Blackmon, Julian, CB, Utah (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jordan, Michael, OG, Ohio State (C)
Round 6 Pick 9: Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Jefferson, Cece, DE, Florida (A)
Round 7 Pick 16: Williams, Aeris, RB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 7 Pick 28: Kempt, Kyle, QB, Iowa State (A)

That's a pretty neat mock draft site. Traded down a couple of times. Don't think I made the best of it however. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

RBs can be found anywhere.

I never have used a simulator, i like going through the player rankings myself.

First Pick rates players by day of draft and allows you to view best available.  Can click on name and get draft profiles rankings etc.  

fun site to use 

• Like (+1) 1

I expect a heavy offensive draft.  Dont hate the idea of getting a blue chip front 7 defender in Rd1.  My caveat is they have to be impactful bluechippers.  I am cautious of both Clemson and Alabama's lineman prospects.  Playing beside top talent it's hard to evaluate their dominance do to the increased 1 on 1 match ups vs double teams that other prospects routinely delt with.  There are about 5 guys on defense, who if available at 9 I'm taking.  If not one of them I am taking the best pass catcher or pass blocker in the draft. 

Your score is: 29831 (GRADE: A) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (WASH): Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9: Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A-)
Round 2 Pick 13 (MIA): Bryant, Austin, DE, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 15 (WASH): Prince, Isaiah, OT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 8: Love, Julian, CB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Wilson, Caleb, TE, UCLA (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31: Anderson, Rodney, RB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 32 (NYG): Morgan Jr, Stanley, WR, Nebraska (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1 (ARI): Brumfield, Garrett, OG, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1 (ARI): Sagapolu, Olive, DT, Wisconsin (A+)

• Like (+1) 1