Barbarian's Mock 2

4 hours ago, JM57 said:

Just did this one on FanSpeak. Would have liked to address RB earlier but it just didn't shake out properly for that. Only doubled up on WR with Anthony Johnson because he was BPA by almost 20 spots on the big board.

9: R1P9

DL ED OLIVER
HOUSTON
41: R2P9

WR N'KEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE
71: R3P7

G CONNOR MCGOVERN
PENN STATE
113: R4P11

WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO
133: R4P31

C ROSS PIERSCHBACHER
ALABAMA
149: R5P10

EDGE SUTTON SMITH
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
159: R5P20

LB RYAN CONLEY
WISCONSIN
184: R6P9

CB COEY BALLENTINE
WASHBURN
224: R7P8

RB BRUCE ANDERSON
NDSU
230: R7P14

OT DERWIN GRAY
MARYLAND

After watching Pierschbacher get his lunch eaten big time in the game against Clemson, I'd say a big NO even with the 149th pick. Address G and C in free agency or find a T that can move inside. Christian Wilkins from Clemson made himself some money with that game against Pierschbacher

Edited by BubbaT

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Yodny Cajuste, Jonah Williams, Cody Ford

Too many assets to give up for any of those guys IMO.  One of them could even fall into there laps at 23.  None of them are worthy of that kind of trade up for at this point, could change as we get closer to the draft.  Cody Ford is an interesting prospect to me.  Just don't see them giving up those assets for anything less than a Quenton Nelson type of prospect.  

I would like to see a couple of the hometown players from UB at least on the radar seeing as in the past none of them including Mack & a few others that have had decent careers in the NFL haven't been considered especially being right in the Bills back yard apparently they were passed over .

But that being said BB has the pulse of the college game & knows a lot more about the players than i so i'd be all in on his picks ! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Using Drafttek

1. WR DK Metcalf 6'4" 225 Ole Miss

2. OT David Edwards 6'7" 315 Wisconsin

3. OG Chris Lyndstrom 6'3" 307 Boston College

4. TE TJ Hockenson 6'4" 250 Iowa

4. DT Olive Sagapolu 6'2" 345 Wisconsin

5. DE Chase Winovich 6'3" 245 Michigan

5. CB Rock Ya-Sin 6'2" 190 Temple

6. OLB Ben Burr-Kiven 6'0" 221 Washington

7. Punter Mitch Wishnowsky 6'2" 220 Utah

7. TE Jace Sternberger 6'4" 250 Tex A&M

I actually don't mind a lot of these but question when it is we pick DK here - if it's at 9 that would arguably be a helluva reach.

The one I LOVE about this is Burr-Kirven, would absolutely love to get this kid in the late rounds. I'm slightly biased being in Seattle and end up watching the PAC games more than most other conferences, but even comparable to other conferences, the kid has one of the best football IQ/awareness traits of any guy out there.

He played in the standard 4-3 LB role, but fits more of a SS/LB LOS defender profile in the NFL. He'll get dinged for not falling perfectly within either the physical or speed schools, as his size holds him out of the conversation at the LB position, and isn't quite fast enough to be the prototypical TJ Smith speed LB, though he can get to the flats for coverage consistently. But what he lacks in top value size/speed he makes up for in smarts and form tackling - kid is great in short-mid range coverage and is able to identify where plays are going before blockers can get there to remove him from the play. His 94 solo tackles this year were insane to watch, and while no guy is perfect, it was great watching him diagnose plays and beat blockers/coverage to the ball. Haven't seen many LBs able to dissect run packages like he can at that level, but his contributions would most certainly extend to ST here, too.

He'd be an instant depth upgrade at both the LB position and in our big nickel package, and be a great contributor to ST as well. Would love to see this happen on day 3.

Edited by ctk232

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Here's my mock

Bills trade 9th pick to Texans for 23rd, 54, 55th picks

1. Hakeem Butler-WR Iowa State 6'5 215
2. Damien Harris-RB Alabama 5'10 214
2. Garrett Bradbury-C North Carolina State 6'3 305
2. Julian Love-CB Notre Dame 5'11 193
3. Tytus Howard-T Alabama State 6'6 311 
4. Donald Parham-TE Stetson 6'7 255 

Bradbury has risen that far? I thought he'd be a sleeper 3rd or 4th rounder?

3 hours ago, colin said:

I don't see our front office going through an entire draft without some trades.  they love trades!

I know it seems crazy to think with all the talk from the board (myself included) to going BPA or trade down in the first. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Beane trade up either into the late 1st or early second. In my mind, the scenario I envision is more so the latter where we go BPA in the 1st (likely defensive BPA) - then address WR and OL with two early first round picks. I say this over a late first trade up as it's more likely to land an early second, despite what we'd likely have to give up. 

Wouldn't honestly hate to see it either - while this arguably wouldn't be the draft to do this, might be worth entertaining the idea as Beane showed he's willing to pull the trigger, even in his first full draft.

I'd like to see them really go after the O-line in FA, then use the draft for WRs, a TE and a RB, with a defensive pick maybe at 9 since the draft appears to be heavier with defensive talent at the top. 

Maybe get a C and G in FA and grab the best tackle at 9 (if he's still there of course).

I wonder how hard it will be to get FA WRs to come when they assume we're a run team with a QB who is always having his low percentage talked about. Whereas O-linemen you would think would love the idea of playing in Buffalo since it's cold weather and we want to be run heavy, so they know they'll have the chance to plough defences and be a bit more old school.

Whatever happens I'm really excited for the offseason this year, more than I have been for... as long as I can remember actually.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA 

RB JOSH JACOBS
ALABAMA

WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE

WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

EDGE SUTTON SMITH
NORTHERN ILLINOIS

LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO

OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON

CB JAMAL PETERS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

QB TRACE MCSORLEY
PENN STATE

this seems like a fantastic, yet improbable draft.  If J. Williams, and A. Johnson are available at those slots, that's a huge win.  Not to mention M. Hyatt in the 6th. 

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

I'd like to see them really go after the O-line in FA, then use the draft for WRs, a TE and a RB, with a defensive pick maybe at 9 since the draft appears to be heavier with defensive talent at the top. 

Maybe get a C and G in FA and grab the best tackle at 9 (if he's still there of course).

I wonder how hard it will be to get FA WRs to come when they assume we're a run team with a QB who is always having his low percentage talked about. Whereas O-linemen you would think would love the idea of playing in Buffalo since it's cold weather and we want to be run heavy, so they know they'll have the chance to plough defences and be a bit more old school. 

Whatever happens I'm really excited for the offseason this year, more than I have been for... as long as I can remember actually.

I love the idea of FA O-line just because there will be less of a learning curve, esp. at Center.  But if J. Williams is there at 9, I'm still taking him.  I doubt he will be, and FA OL really lets us go BPA or trade back and load-up at WR, RB, etc in the draft. 

5 round mock, I traded back with ATL and picked up an extra 2nd. What do you all think of taking 2 WR's?

14: R1P14

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
45: R2P13

WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE

WR DEEBO SAMUELS
SOUTH CAROLINA

RB RODNEY ANDERSON
OKLAHOMA
EDGE CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA
DL MARQUISE COPELAND
CINCINNATI

CB JAMAL PETERS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
  • Like (+1) 1

Quinnen Williams, Jonah Williams among four from Alabama going pro

Alex Scarborough ESPN Staff Writer 11:59 AM ET

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama's annual exodus of underclassmen to the NFL began again Friday when four players declared for the draft, including star defensive lineman and potential top-five pick Quinnen Williams.

Offensive lineman Jonah Williams and running back Josh Jacobs also declared for the draft in a Friday news conference. Tight end Irv Smith Jr., who was not present, announced his decision on Twitter.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

this seems like a fantastic, yet improbable draft.  If J. Williams, and A. Johnson are available at those slots, that's a huge win.  Not to mention M. Hyatt in the 6th. 

I love the idea of FA O-line just because there will be less of a learning curve, esp. at Center.  But if J. Williams is there at 9, I'm still taking him.  I doubt he will be, and FA OL really lets us go BPA or trade back and load-up at WR, RB, etc in the draft. 

I tried to use the most realistic option and set it to difficult. It isn’t perfect but probably as good as you’ll get.

• Like (+1) 1

I would be 100% ok with this draft...

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI ST

TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA

RB RODNEY ANDERSON
OKLAHOMA

EDGE JALEN JELKS
OREGON
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON (UB)
BUFFALO

G CODY FORD
OKLAHOMA

TE IRV SMITH JR.
ALABAMA

C JESSE BURKETT
STANFORD

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Lyndstrom is going early round 2

TJ Hockenson if he declares may go late round 1, but won’t last past pick 50.

Winovich will go no later than mid round 3.

Right now at 9. I believe it will be 

Devin White

Rashan Gary

Ed Oliver

Jeffrey Simmons 

Wasnt impressed by Jonah Williams against Clemson. He didn’t help his stock especially when there were talks that he had not faced a great pass rusher all year. Then he did.

First rule of discussing the draft in January..........gotta' understand that there are at least 150 players that draftniks are certain will go in the first 3 rounds.

In reality about 15 players that no draftnik thinks will go early will actually go in the first 3 rounds.

And amazingly guys like Levi Wallace.........who seemed like even a possible 3rd round pick will fall out entirely of what is basically a 9 round draft after comp picks.

Point is........it's too early to be declaring for certain where a prospect of broad differing opinion like Winovich or Lyndstrom will go.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

Just did this one on FanSpeak. Would have liked to address RB earlier but it just didn't shake out properly for that. Only doubled up on WR with Anthony Johnson because he was BPA by almost 20 spots on the big board.

DL ED OLIVER
HOUSTON

WR N'KEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE

G CONNOR MCGOVERN
PENN STATE

WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO

C ROSS PIERSCHBACHER
ALABAMA

EDGE SUTTON SMITH
NORTHERN ILLINOIS

LB RYAN CONLEY
WISCONSIN

CB COEY BALLENTINE
WASHBURN

RB BRUCE ANDERSON
NDSU

OT DERWIN GRAY
MARYLAND

I really like LB Sutton Smith especially if we can get him in round 5. I would love to see him at SLB and coming off the edge in passing downs. He is a little undersized but he is a baller with an unbelievable motor. Fingers crossed this happens.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

I really like LB Sutton Smith especially if we can get him in round 5. I would love to see him at SLB and coming off the edge in passing downs. He is a little undersized but he is a baller with an unbelievable motor. Fingers crossed this happens.

Smith is an absolute gamer. I know the current regime has a type of DE, and I think Smith's best fit is probably a pass rushing sub edge player in a 3-4 D, but with a few more pounds of muscle he could be the heir apparent in Alexander's hybrid role.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Too many assets to give up for any of those guys IMO.  One of them could even fall into there laps at 23.  None of them are worthy of that kind of trade up for at this point, could change as we get closer to the draft.  Cody Ford is an interesting prospect to me.  Just don't see them giving up those assets for anything less than a Quenton Nelson type of prospect.  

Houston's OL is in even worse shape than ours. They're #1 asset is Watson and they've done a bad job at protecting him. It's not far fetched that they make a move up. 

The Saints moved up to take a project DE last year. Anything can happen.