Josh Allen at #9????

wppete

5 hours ago, wppete said:

I like the idea of drafting the other Josh Allen at #9 this year. He is an elite pass rusher with high motor and great character and work ethic according to reports. Fits the McBean DNA ? they are looking for. Put him with our young Defense and we have something special. 

1st  - Josh Allen, DE - Kentucky

2nd  - Yodny Cajuste, OT - West Virginia

2nd - Hollywood Brown, WR - Oklahoma (trade up)

3rd - Trey Adams, OT - Washington 

Doesnt the NFL have a rule you cant draft a player of the same name two years in a row if you have Two sports franchises in the same city.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i hate saying this but im going with BPA , but i would like him and a bunch of other players.

Also no way on Brown. Don know what people are seeing in him ,he dropped a lot of balls , is small and breaks easy. No thanks.

So Brown will fit in perfectly with our WR group and culture is important.

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Unfortunately I think the Jets will draft him 3rd overall. I'm not sure a single offensive player other than QB will go in the top 10. The top of the draft this year is defense heavy. I'm guessing we will take the best defensive lineman available (early guess is Wilkins or Ferrell) and in the 2nd round take the best receiver or TE available.

Agreed. Every mock I've seen has him going to the Jets. I see us going DL unless a trade down is in play. I really see the Jets screwing us in the draft and FA. They have similar needs and more cap. McBeane really has to nail this off season.

I would be all for it if only to experience the different accentuation Bills fans would use to differentiate the pronunciation of the two Josh Allens. Much like how Canadians could tell which Roughrider CFL team one was talking about without mentioning the city names.

If he turns out to be a great NFL pass rider, that would be a bonus. ?

8 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

This sounds  familiar. 

Yeah, but this time it has 4 question marks.

45 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

We have got to get a few more Williams' before we double up on Allens...

We are way behind on our Williams quota. Any good Williams' on the OL or at WR?

If we do get him, I am definitely getting a Josh Allen Jersey. It can have #17 on the front and the Defensive Josh Allens number on the back!

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This needs to be done because I'm pretty sure if he ends up on another team and then Josh Allen sacks Josh Allen it'll cause a rip in the time space continuum.

Yep, definitely a rejected Star Trek script scenario.     Especially if he landed with another AFC East team...

14 hours ago, wppete said:

I like the idea of drafting the other Josh Allen at #9 this year. He is an elite pass rusher with high motor and great character and work ethic according to reports. Fits the McBean DNA ? they are looking for. Put him with our young Defense and we have something special. 

1st  - Josh Allen, DE - Kentucky

2nd  - Yodny Cajuste, OT - West Virginia

2nd - Hollywood Brown, WR - Oklahoma (trade up)

3rd - Trey Adams, OT - Washington 

he looks a little wimpy in that photo

13 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

I haven't started looking at prospects yet, is there no OL worthy of a top 10? I'm fine building the defense but the ol seems to be more of a pressing need.

Depends on who you ask.  There are perhaps three or four offensive tackles who could go in the first round.  Greg Little has prototypical measurabloes for offensive tackle.  He has nice size and outstanding athleticism.  Unfortunately, he's also reputed to be lazy and takes plays off.  Jonah Williams from Alabama has just OK athleticism, but is techincally superior.  He does everything right.  Some people think one or both of these guys is a good value in the top 10, but there is no consensus.  The next guy may be Jawaan Taylor.  A few outliers think he's the best one.  He played for Florida and is the most massive OT of the top ones.  He supposedly has good feet, but he is expected to time in the 5.4 range, which is a bit slow for a left tackle.  In some ways, he's probably a lot like Cordy Glenn.  After Taylor, it depends on who you ask who the next guy is.  Dalton Risner is supposed to be extremely versatile, able to play anywhere on the offensive line.  Cody Ford is a road grader but lacks typical offensive tackle length.  Either or both of the last two might sneak into the bottom of the first round.  The next guy up is David Edwards.  He's a strong run blocker, but doesn't have good feet.

13 hours ago, DrDare said:

do you know how annoying this would be to keep hearing Josh Allen's name for the next decade and if casually watching, then not know which one they are talking about

Ya, when the offense is on the field, we’d all assume the defensive Josh Allen was playing QB.

Madness.

• Haha (+1) 1