Bengals hire Zac Taylor as HC (Update - can’t find a DC)

YoloinOhio

Crazy how backwards they are over in Cincinnati. They need new ownership.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Rex would probably get in. If you just told him he could do whatever he wants with the Defense and run his fat mouth as much as he wanted. They have talent.

Rex would only do it if he is paid a lot of money, and I'd bet Cincy is not willing to pay anywhere close to market value.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Crazy how backwards they are over in Cincinnati. They need new ownership.

Rex would only do it if he is paid a lot of money, and I'd bet Cincy is not willing to pay anywhere close to market value.

I bet Rex just wants to put on film something better then Buffalo. He would probably jump at the chance to prove he can coach again. Taking an excellent defense, ruining it and then seeing it get good again after he left isn’t going help get him another HC job. His best shot is go somewhere. Just coach defense. Hope the HC gets canned and he get the interim job because he is a guy on the staff with experience.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What were they doing while waiting for the Superbowl to be over? Compare it to Flores with Miami who pretty much had his staff ready to go when he was hired late. 

Cincy is a shambles. 

I read that Jack Del Rio actually wanted the job and was going to be one of the initial interviews but Taylor decided not to hire him after talking on the phone . 

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I bet Rex just wants to put on film something better then Buffalo. He would probably jump at the chance to prove he can coach again. Taking an excellent defense, ruining it and then seeing it get good again after he left isn’t going help get him another HC job. His best shot is go somewhere. Just coach defense. Hope the HC gets canned and he get the interim job because he is a guy on the staff with experience.

I don't see or hear any evidence of that. Rex is lazy and wants money. He thinks highly of himself.