Bengals hire Zac Taylor as HC (Update - can’t find a DC)

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Everyone wants the next McVay but McVay is a ?

I was sceptical when when they hired him at the age of 31 (I think) but the more I learn about him the more I think this guy is a very special coach. Already one of the best..

I promise you though, wp, that he will be out of the NFL and out of coaching sometime in the next 35 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm a middle aged white guy who saw Sean McVay at an airport once if the Dolphins are looking for their next head coach.

how close up did you see him?  this is important for our salary negotiation

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a bit of a surprise given he is only 35 and very little experience. But he was OC at UC a couple years ago so there is that. 

? Must be a really good interviewer. And he’s connected with Sean McVay on LinkedIn so 

They are clearly prioritizing a guy who has a lot of experience working directly with the quarterback.  Seems like a good trait to have as a HC.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As someone who loves the trend of bring young offensive coaches, this is going too far.  Especially on that team of scumbags.  

Yep they jumped the shark imo

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

They are clearly prioritizing a guy who has a lot of experience working directly with the quarterback.  Seems like a good trait to have as a HC.

Sure... but you might want to make sure you don’t make it the only factor. He might be good but at some point you want to ensure a guy isn’t totally in over his head. And experience working with QBs isn’t equal to accomplishment. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, whatdrought said:

This seems like a silly hire, but it’s still way better of a hire than any of us expected from the Bengals.

so... good job?.... I guess?

When the fan base is crying “anything but Marvin or Hue”, you can’t go wrong. They probably hired the least experienced guy so they could pay the least. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is his resume. Crazy:

Hes also part of Mike Sherman Tree... by virtue of schtupping Sherman’s daughter...