Bengals hire Zac Taylor as HC (Update - can’t find a DC)

YoloinOhio

I think it's kind of refreshing that the league has moved away from retreads this offseason - lots of young offensive-oriented minds are being given opportunities - the results will be mixed, for sure, but at least it'll be something new in a league where innovation has been hard to find over the last 20 years or so.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think the chances are better than not that he's hue Jackson as opposed to Vince Lombardi

Ohhhh... you misunderstand my original post. I get your question now.... I didn't say hiring Zach Taylor was a win, indeed I said I knew very little about him. The bit that was a win was not hiring Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph. They might well have still screwed the pooch hiring Taylor, as I say, I know very little about him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would be looking for the next Anthony Lynn, Doug Pederson, Frank Reich 

Nobody wants the next Hank Bullough?

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm a middle aged white guy who saw Sean McVay at an airport once if the Dolphins are looking for their next head coach.

From the looks of a few of them, it helps if you have the Golden Corral Buffet locator app on your phone.  Kliffy and Taylor seem to be exceptions to that.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How so you know that?

Go watch Hard Knocks. Hue is not only a bad coach, as proven by results, but also an absolute dunce. He has the deadly combination of lack of self awareness and stubbornness. Anyone is an upgrade over that.

Just one year ago, this dude wasnt an OC. He wasn’t even the WR coach. Assistant WR coach! He’s never been anything higher than a position coach at the nfl level. I get that he’s not Marvin and not Hue and that’s a good thing. But his short OC stint at UC wasn’t great either. 

I like McVay, but I think anybody but Jeff Fisher would have been successful with the talent he inherited in LA.  Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Goff, and they went out and built a good offensive line.  Fisher may go down as the symbol of mediocrity.  They fired him when he was tied for the most losses in history for a head coach.  Had he stayed one more game he would own the record.  

I think Dallas is going to beat the Rams this week.  The Rams started slipping when Cooper Kupp got hurt.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

? Must be a really good interviewer. And he’s connected with Sean McVay on LinkedIn so 

Are they even allowed to have interviewed him yet?

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

McVay saves Goff in 2017

Nagy saves Trubisky in 2018

Whose Next in 2019?

McDermott saves Allen?   ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I like McVay, but I think anybody but Jeff Fisher would have been successful with the talent he inherited in LA.  Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Goff, and they went out and built a good offensive line.  Fisher may go down as the symbol of mediocrity.  They fired him when he was tied for the most losses in history for a head coach.  Had he stayed one more game he would own the record.  

I think Dallas is going to beat the Rams this week.  The Rams started slipping when Cooper Kupp got hurt.

Thats the trend.

Rams dumped old defensive coach and rolled with young offensive guy.

then one season later

Bears dumped old defensive coach and rolled with young offensive guy

so That would line the JETS up for being the next “IT” team IMO.

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Everyone wants the next McVay but McVay is a ?

I was sceptical when when they hired him at the age of 31 (I think) but the more I learn about him the more I think this guy is a very special coach. Already one of the best..

he’s no McDermott, but he’s working out okay for them I guess