Anyone buy a dog recently?

RaoulDuke79

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Maybe somebody can take this dog in.  Sick, sick people out there.

Adult male pit bull mix found Tuesday morning on Fay Street in city's Bailey/Walden neighborhood.

BUFFALO, N.Y. — The SPCA of Erie County is investigating after a dog was found by sanitation workers in a garbage tote.

SPCA officials say the adult, male pit bull mix was found scarred and emaciated on Fay Street in the area of Bailey and Walden avenues in Buffalo. 

Dog found in garbage tote
A dog was found in a garbage tote in Buffalo
SPCA of Erie County

The dog's body temperature was 90 degrees when he was found. At last check, it had risen to 96 degrees.  Normal body temperatures for dogs range from 101-102.5.

Anyone who mistreats children and animals are the lowest of the low IMO.  I really think stiffer penalties need to be enforced with people who mistreat animals.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Anyone who mistreats children and animals are the lowest of the low IMO.  I really think stiffer penalties need to be enforced with people who mistreat animals.

Agree.    I’m w pit lover myself. 

Would love to stomp on the necks of the people that fight them or leave them out in the cold.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m getting a free 2 year old French Bulldog next week.  My best friends sister is fostering this dog and looking to rehome it.  For me, free.  Anyone else...$1,200.  They’ve got money so she really isn’t concerned.

Ive never owned a Frenchie but did research.

2 things that concern me:

1- Separation anxiety.  This breed looks to be one that gets destructive when left alone.  I would crate but that would be 10 hours Monday thru Friday.  She’s crated now for that time but other dogs are in the house who are crated too.  (This woman loves dogs and has a heart of gold...currently fostering 6 other dogs.  Owns 2 herself.  That’s why she’s giving me this Frenchie...too many)

2- Snoring.  They breath very loudly and I’m a light sleeper when I’m not exhausted.  If I’m exhausted, I’ll sleep through an earthquake.

Is it is bad as I’ve heard?  She sleeps in the bed now and I’m not sure I’ll be able to break her of that.  This breed is supposedly very stubborn.

Anyone ever own a Frenchie or bulldog in general?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I’m getting a free 2 year old French Bulldog next week.  My best friends sister is fostering this dog and looking to regime it.  For me, free.  Anyone else...$1,200.  They’ve got money so she really isn’t concerned.

Ive never owned a Frenchie but did research.

2 things that concern me:

1- Separation anxiety.  This breed looks to be one that gets destructive when left alone.  I would crate but that would be 10 hours Monday thru Friday.  She’s crated now for that time but other dogs are in the house who are crated too.  (This woman loves dogs and has a heart of gold...currently fostering 6 other dogs.  Owns 2 herself.  That’s why she’s giving me this Frenchie...too many)

2- Snoring.  They breath very loudly and I’m a light sleeper when I’m not exhausted.  If I’m exhausted, I’ll sleep through an earthquake.

Is it is bad as I’ve heard?  She sleeps in the bed now and I’m not sure I’ll be able to break her of that.  This breed is supposedly very stubborn.

Anyone ever own a Frenchie or bulldog in general?

Knew a few people with English bulldogs, but, never french. I cant imagine the snoring is that loud. They're fairly small dogs. How much air can they possibly take in? My cat has developed a snoring problem as he gets more obese. Its noticeable but I wouldn't say it would wake someone if they already sleeping. 

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's the new dog I'm picking up on Friday.  Being fostered by a friend who rescued her from a shelter.  

She's not keeping it because she already has 3 dogs of her own.  She just couldn't stand seeing this frenchie at a shelter.

image.thumb.png.04991dbbc96788f6f9894dae91492e04.png

I love bulldogs,pitbulls,Boston terriers..etc.

She's a cutie!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's the new dog I'm picking up on Friday.  Being fostered by a friend who rescued her from a shelter.  

She's not keeping it because she already has 3 dogs of her own.  She just couldn't stand seeing this frenchie at a shelter.

image.thumb.png.04991dbbc96788f6f9894dae91492e04.png

Aweee look at that mug on her face!

congrats Royale! Happy for you and your kid

• Like (+1) 1

Certification just makes it clear you’re getting what you pay for. A pure golden as stated by the breeder might be only half that, and the other half might be something that will cause health problems or affect temperament.

when my family raised Labradors we did AKC certification (American Kennal Club) which was pretty basic but added to some of the expense of the dogs. Might be worth it to make sure you know what you’re getting. That’s been years ago and I don’t know what that system is like now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.  A girl I'm interested in loves dogs so I asked if she wants to hangout on Saturday....we're going to hang out at a park and grab a bite after.

Goodness I didn’t realize that could take on a few meanings.....

excellent, many happy returns 

• Haha (+1) 1