Anyone buy a dog recently?

RaoulDuke79

Just now, Turk71 said:

Exactly.

My dog is always in the same room as me anyway. He really loves when we are all travelling and staying in the camper van.

Dogs are great.  I'm on my third rescue dog and let my son pick the dog out since she took the loss of our last dog (half shih tzu, half chihuahua) the worse.  He died on my lap during the Dolphins home game last year right before Miami recovered the onsides kick.  He chose this bug (half pug, half boston terrior) with no ear drum in his left ear.  He was the runt of the litter so I'm guessing the orignal owners couldn't find an owner for him.  He's pretty ugly but has a great personality.  We got lucky in he was potty trained within a week and is somewhat energetic but not to the point of annoying.  This isn't a picture of him, but it looks exactly like him

Pug-Boston-Terrier-Mix-Pics.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Dogs are great.  I'm on my third rescue dog and let my son pick the dog out since she took the loss of our last dog (half shih tzu, half chihuahua) the worse.  He died on my lap during the Dolphins home game last year right before Miami recovered the onsides kick.  He chose this bug (half pug, half boston terrior) with no ear drum in his left ear.  He was the runt of the litter so I'm guessing the orignal owners couldn't find an owner for him.  He's pretty ugly but has a great personality.  We got lucky in he was potty trained within a week and is somewhat energetic but not to the point of annoying.  This isn't a picture of him, but it looks exactly like him

Pug-Boston-Terrier-Mix-Pics.jpg

Reminds me of Men in Black. Looks like he smokes cigars and plays cards with his buddies. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Turk71 said:

Reminds me of Men in Black. Looks like he smokes cigars and plays cards with his buddies. 

Yeah.  I hear that all the time.  That's the pug side of him.  The one negative with pugs is they snore loudly and breathe heavily when overheated.  Just the scrunched in nose I guess.  He'll also stay up with me as I've had insomnia problems my whole life.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  I hear that all the time.  That's the pug side of him.  The one negative with pugs is they snore loudly and breathe heavily when overheated.  Just the scrunched in nose I guess.  He'll also stay up with me as I've had insomnia problems my whole life.

My dog lays next to my recliner while I watch late night movies. Doesn't move til I go to bed. Luckily not much of a snorer, he does run and bark in his sleep sometimes.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

My dog lays next to my recliner while I watch late night movies. Doesn't move til I go to bed. Luckily not much of a snorer, he does run and bark in his sleep sometimes.

He runs in his sleep?  That's pretty awesome.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 6:06 AM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Thanks. I'm in Pennsylvania.  We're looking at breeders in PA, MD, Jersey so far.

If you find a good breeder, be sure to post it or please PM me.  I'm up the road in Reading and we're planning to get a dog next summer . . . Golden or Labrador . .. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My application was rejected this morning.  I’m currently in an apartment for the next year  before buying again.  The foster family doesnt think he’s suited for that.

See that's a kick in the damn balls. These people about half piss me off. Again your raising a kid, but you're not qualified to raise a dog. There are plenty of places to take dogs for exercise no matter where you live. What the hell do they expect people to do? Have a race track in their residence?

On 1/15/2019 at 9:14 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I just can't get into it.  I want to do something Bills related but not many choices for girls names.

Kim?  Is that too much of a human name?  Jill the same?

This is what ya doing RWC...good man!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/15/2019 at 6:08 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Application was accepted for this dog!

I have a phone interview with the adoption director soon.  They are going to reach out to me about a time.

http://youluckydogrescue.org/dogs/1151/adoptable-dogs/greta-hollywood

If I get her, I'm changing the name.

My dogs name was Hershey when we rescued him. I immediately changed it to Harry. I figured I needed to change it to something similar. Now we have many names for him that he responds to. Boo is one I use a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2019 at 4:54 AM, Doc Brown said:

All wrinkly dogs snore. It's a function of the wrinkles, I think. Mine snores like a lumberjack.