Why Haven’t The Bills Officially Announced Coaching Changes?

17 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I just think it’s weird.... make an announcement and let people know

Eh, why though?

Coaching turnover is a yearly occurrence, and there isn't any real obligation they have to announce every business move, unless anything is contractual. Don't personally feel that they have any obligation either, but they have a close to the chest mentality with business moves, which I have to say suck as a fan starved for news, but more so appreciate at the same time.

18 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I just think it’s weird.... make an announcement and let people know

My wife is currently going through a reorganization. There are a thousand questions and everyone wants answers. In almost every case there’s a perfectly sensible reason why things haven't come out yet. The Board has not approved the new comp plan, so it’s not being announced yet. They offered that job to a guy, but he’ll have to relocate and he’s working with his family to decide if they will uproot the kids. The guy in that job has a health scare and may even have to retire. That office is going to be closed, but we can’t let them know because we need the staff to service people until the new arrangements are in place. It could be almost anything you can dream of. My wife was offered a position, but they don’t want to announce it until the other candidates are notified by the CEO, and one guy is out of the country.....so you hold off a bit. No big deal. 

All kinds of stuff, and all valid reasons. Not the least of which is that sometimes it’s just none of your business. We don’t need a public lynching to humiliate anyone. You let them walk away quietly, wish them well and hope you can find a better replacement. Those potential replacements may have their own reasons for taking it slowly, so have contingency plans.  The FO will be judged by the results of their actions. They really owe us nothing more than the product on the field. That’s how Belichick does it. It seems to work for him. 

Edited by Augie

19 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Anyone have an idea why the Bills have yet to officially announce the terminations of Terry Robisky, Danny Crossman, and Juan Castillo.  Castillo himself already talked to the Buffalo News about getting fired.

It just strikes me as odd that the team hasn’t realeased a statement more than a week after it hit the media 

thanks, Jim Acosta.

Edited by Foxx

3 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

When you gonna stop ducking my questions Gungy?

Wth is your obsession with Gugny?!? He swears he saw a shadow the other night. Are you peeping through his windows? Follow him to & from work?  Poking a voodo doll?? You're becoming as creepy as Phil the Thrill. Maybe worse..

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wth is your obsession with Gugny?!? He swears he saw a shadow the other night. Are you peeping through his windows? Follow him to & from work?  Poking a voodo doll?? You're becoming as creepy as Phil the Thrill. Maybe worse..

That might have been me.....I couldn’t sleep. I’ll own it. My bad. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Chad Hall has been an offensive assistant with the Bills for two years.  He was a WR in the NFL, having played with 3 teams over a four year playing career.  I wouldn't hire him as a WR coach, and I doubt the Bills will, but it's not impossible.  

Matt Smiley is still on staff as a special teams assistant coach.  Same deal.  I'm not hiring him as my special teams coordinator, but it's not impossible for the Bills to hire in house.

I don't see any offensive line assistants on staff.

12 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I would have expected by now, we would have heard something related to the three openings. Thus far I’ve only seen where they were interested in OL coach from Denver. 

I suspect you may have only seen that as speculation here on the board. Was that from any official source? I’ll sit back and let them do their jobs. Then hope for the best.  Nothing personal, it just looks like we need to wait and see, then judge after we see what kind of results we get. 

43 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Chad Hall has been an offensive assistant with the Bills for two years.  He was a WR in the NFL, having played with 3 teams over a four year playing career.  I wouldn't hire him as a WR coach, and I doubt the Bills will, but it's not impossible.  

Matt Smiley is still on staff as a special teams assistant coach.  Same deal.  I'm not hiring him as my special teams coordinator, but it's not impossible for the Bills to hire in house.

I don't see any offensive line assistants on staff.

Mark lubick would get it before Chad Hall. Hall needs to be an assistant WR coach first

7 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Mark lubick would get it before Chad Hall. Hall needs to be an assistant WR coach first

You're right.  I hadn't checked the details on Lubick.  He still doesn't have enough experience for my taste, but he does have four years as an NFL assistant WR coach and some time on the college level too.