Ranking of 2nd round picks

Reader

Reed- was solid unspectacular slot guy- not really a hit or miss

Kelsay- drew my ire quite a bit but overall he was a hit - solid starter for a decade 

Parrish- injury problems robbed him of what could’ve been- still he’ll of a return man

Byrd and Williams- exactly the same - both were awesome (took Aaron s bit longer) but injuries ruined them young

Kiko- screw him ! He’s so overrated based off September 2013- did get us Shady though

Darby- good 

Ragland- still don’t know why we traded him - reminds me of Kelvin Shepard not really sure in a good or bad way 

Zay- I think he can be pretty good 

Dawkins - same as ZAy but s little ahead right now

30 minutes ago, lacoy38 said:

Reed- was solid unspectacular slot guy- not really a hit or miss

Kelsay- drew my ire quite a bit but overall he was a hit - solid starter for a decade 

Parrish- injury problems robbed him of what could’ve been- still he’ll of a return man

Byrd and Williams- exactly the same - both were awesome (took Aaron s bit longer) but injuries ruined them young

Kiko- screw him ! He’s so overrated based off September 2013- did get us Shady though

Darby- good 

Ragland- still don’t know why we traded him - reminds me of Kelvin Shepard not really sure in a good or bad way 

Zay- I think he can be pretty good 

Dawkins - same as ZAy but s little ahead right now

You strike me as a glass half full kinda guy.

Byrd may have been the luckiest player in Bills history.  Many of his INTs seem to be terribly thrown balls where Byrd wasn't even in good position to make a play on the WR.  But he is still the best of the list.

AW was ok at safety.  A bit overrated.

Parrish was dangerous at times.

Dawkins regressed this year but is still solid.

Darby will be an interesting story to play out.  He was given away for a rent for a year WR that was terrible.   He has played well for Philadelphia though injured twice.  I was ok with the trade because I thought Darby played fairly poorly in year two with Rex but then again so did the entire defense.

Rest are awful. What a terrible track record of drafts.  And then add in all the picks given away to move up

40 minutes ago, lacoy38 said:

snip

snip

The only good way I can remember Kelvin Shepard is that he is now Jerry Hughes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, lacoy38 said:

Ragland- still don’t know why we traded him

You mean you "don't know why we drafted him."...... It was obvious why we traded him. A fourth-round pick this year, whatever we get will be an improvement.

5 hours ago, Reader said:

Hey all, 

I was thinking about the team and how much the draft is depended on. I thought about players in the 2nd round as many have been polarizing players and would be curious as to others' opinions of these players especially as some were great for a short amount of time, while others were consistently okay (some would argue better and some worse). You'll note that I am omitting players who I consider to be either busts (Hardy, Troup, etc) or home runs (Schobel, Woods, Glenn, etc).

How would you rank the following players in terms of how good of players they are/were?

Josh Reed

Chris Kelsay

Roscoe Parrish

Jairus Byrd

Aaron Williams

Kiko Alonso (I'm not sure how he compares from a talent perspective. If I rank him guided by emotion he would be last)

Roald Darby

Reggie Ragland

Zay Jones

Dion Dawkins

Aaron Williams all day long!!!

5 hours ago, Reader said:

Hey all, 

I was thinking about the team and how much the draft is depended on. I thought about players in the 2nd round as many have been polarizing players and would be curious as to others' opinions of these players especially as some were great for a short amount of time, while others were consistently okay (some would argue better and some worse). You'll note that I am omitting players who I consider to be either busts (Hardy, Troup, etc) or home runs (Schobel, Woods, Glenn, etc).

How would you rank the following players in terms of how good of players they are/were?

Josh Reed

Chris Kelsay

Roscoe Parrish

Jairus Byrd

Aaron Williams

Kiko Alonso (I'm not sure how he compares from a talent perspective. If I rank him guided by emotion he would be last)

Roald Darby

Reggie Ragland

Zay Jones

Dion Dawkins

We did pretty good in round 2, probably better than in round 1

A. Williams

Ronald Darby

Jairus Byrd

Kiko Alonso

Dion Dawkins

Chris Kelsay

Zay Jones

Reggie Ragland

The Bills Legend?

Josh Reed

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Woods was not considered a home run when he was here.  Just so so.  Played injured his last year in Buffalo. 

Some of us realised he was a homerun when he was here.  You know the ones that can actually evaluate with based on things other than stats.

We definitely did better in the 2nd round from Kelly's rookie year to the Music City miracle.  There were some busts though.

Thurman Thomas

Nate Odomes

Phil Hansen

Marcelus Wiley

Peerlice Price

Carwell Gardner

Sam Cowart

Lonnie Johnson

Gabe Northern

Todd Collins

Bucky Brooks

John Parella

James Patton

16 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Kelsay in particular everyone seemed to like but the guy couldn't set the edge, he couldn't pass rush, and they paid him like he was great.  Him and Denny both were the picture of mediocre and the stuck around for years.

For second round picks they were OK value. On a better team he is a solid rotational player which would maximize what he can do.

On how good they were at their prime (or how I see their prime panning out) 1-4 are home run 2nds. Rags, Dawkins, and Zay i don't really know. The rest.. meh

1. Ronald Darby

2. Jairus Byrd

3. Aaron Williams

4. Kiko

5. Rags (he's doing well at KC.. last I checked a year ago)

6. Dawkins

7. Zay

8. Roscoe

9. Reed

10. Kelsay

Let's just stick to secondary in the 2nd. That's what I've learned today.