Poll of NFL players on QB (was: rookie QB Roundup)

Kemp

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:20 AM, Kemp said:

From The Athletic

Who is the most impressive rookie quarterback?

Top answer: Baker Mayfield 60%

Runner up: Sam Darnold 21%

Note: Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson received 7 percent of the vote, but many of the players surveyed gave their responses in November, before he replaced Joe Flacco as the Ravens’ starter and helped lead them to the AFC North title.

Total number of votes, not including “no comments”: 82

Our view: We expect Mayfield, who led the Browns to seven wins this season, to win the Offensive Rookie of the Year award. But at least one of the defensive players surveyed wasn’t impressed by any of the quarterbacks from the 2018 draft, telling us: “All of them doing pretty bad, aren’t they? OK, next question.”

Very accurate assessment. We have a QB that can run, but can't hit the side of a barn with his throws. Mayfield was the best in this class and it's not even close. Allen only hit over 50% of his passes in 2 games this season! I know people will flame me because they refuse to see it, but they'll get it sooner or later. Meanwhile, I'd take any of the other QB's that were drafted in round 1 over Allen.

10 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Very accurate assessment. We have a QB that can run, but can't hit the side of a barn with his throws. Mayfield was the best in this class and it's not even close. Allen only hit over 50% of his passes in 2 games this season! I know people will flame me because they refuse to see it, but they'll get it sooner or later. Meanwhile, I'd take any of the other QB's that were drafted in round 1 over Allen.

I'm going to flame you because you are either unable to read stats or youo are exaggerating to support your narrative.

Chargers  - 54.5%

Vikings - 68.2%

Tennessee - 52.6%

Houston - 58.8%

Miami (1st) - 54.5%

Miami (2nd) - 65.4%

Now, I'm not a genius or anything, but that sure likes he exceeded 50% not 2 times, but 6 times.  Now I'm sure you will find some other way to support your narrative, but how about accurately quoting stats when you do it. It at least gives you a shot at some credibility.

• Like (+1) 2