ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Andy has helped and is a great offensive mind, but nobody has explained to me how Mahomes threw 20 MORE TOUCHDOWNS than any of his QB's in 20 YEARS as a Head Coach.

It ain't all Andy or that offense. Mahomes is the real deal.

...no argument here my friend.....think those in the media a/k/a urinalists will now step up and say they were wrong about the kid being definite flop from a leper like "Air Raid offense"?.....we can split the Megamillions jackpot BEFORE that EVER happens....:thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Andy has helped and is a great offensive mind, but nobody has explained to me how Mahomes threw 20 MORE TOUCHDOWNS than any of his QB's in 20 YEARS as a Head Coach.

It ain't all Andy or that offense. Mahomes is the real deal.

NOT trying to take anything away from Mahomes (so ya’ll get that out of your minds!), but has Reid EVER had these kinds of weapons? Serious question. Maybe Andy is also getting smarter. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

NOT trying to take anything away from Mahomes (so ya’ll get that out of your minds!), but has Reid EVER had these kinds of weapons? Serious question. Maybe Andy is also getting smarter. 

...good point Augie....think this weekend will be the "tale of the tape" so stay tuned................

1 minute ago, Augie said:

They essentially had the same weapons in 2017 and Smith had 26 TD's.

Why are so many people getting upset by this article?

Patrick Mahomes finished his first season as a starter with a QB rating of 114, threw for over 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns!   (Josh Allen finished with a QB rating of 68, threw for 2000 yards and 10 touchdowns)  

Who in their right mind wouldn't trade Allen/Edmunds/White for Mahomes?   (Not sure why the author chose that though, we could've drafted Mahomes last year with our original pick and still had our first round pick this year to draft Edmunds)    

It doesn't mean Allen can't also become good.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, billieve420 said:

The Mahomes in KC would not be the same Mahomes in Buffalo. I have no doubt about that.

This 100%! 

I mean had the Bills drafted Mahomes in 2017 and not started him until the last game of that season there is a high probability that he would NOT be in the running for MVP this year and that his numbers in Buffalo would not be close to what they are in KC.  In fact there would be a vocal minority here at 2BD arguing that he was a bust while the rest of us would be arguing that we needed to give him more time because he showed promise!

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no argument here my friend.....think those in the media a/k/a urinalists will now step up and say they were wrong about the kid being definite flop from a leper like "Air Raid offense"?.....we can split the Megamillions jackpot BEFORE that EVER happens....:thumbsup:

Count me as someone who wasn't enamored with Mahomes pre draft. Didn't trust Air Raid QB's and didn't see him play enough to form an opinion.

The NFL results speak for themselves.

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Count me as someone who wasn't enamored with Mahomes pre draft. Didn't trust Air Raid QB's and didn't see him play enough to form an opinion.

The NFL results speak for themselves.

...of course if he "slips" from 50 TD passes to 40 in 2019, we'll be hearing the "slump" clickbait, right?......:thumbsup:.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Chemical said:

?

The fact is Mahomes is better than Allen will ever be. Just watch the games. It's not about the weapons, although that helps. People using the argument that he wouldn't be as good in Buffalo are just twisting the knife. To me they're only pointing out that not only do we have the lesser QB but also the team and coach are worse too. How are we supposed to believe Allen will develop when you keep saying Mahomes wouldn't have?? Talking out of both sides of your mouth.

That is not what folks are arguing.  We're engaging in a classic alt-history exercise which is fun to do because you get to ask "what if"?  And in this case the "what if" question is how would Mahomes have fared coming to Buffalo instead of KC.  Seems to me that claiming that Mahomes would not have the production in Buffalo that he enjoyed in KC is just common sense and isn't a comment on the effectiveness of our current coach or GM.  KC had a solid O-line and was blessed with some of the best skill position players in the NFL. 

To say that Mahomes  would not have put up the same numbers in Buffalo isn't to cast doubt on the guys amazing talent or to trash the  Bills organization; it just acknowledges the vast differences between the two teams offensive personnel. 

I hate the post season... we fans have this...

Not flaming the post or OP, but I just want to fast forward to the point where grandpa Brady and NE is dumped unceremoniously from the playoffs (check that off my wish list) and the Bills start making personnel additions or something news worthy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaLoko said:

you said it : ¨in retrospect¨, however life doesn't work that way, let me put you an example: ¨would you root for the Bills back in the late 80s, if only you had known

they were to lose 4 SBs in a row? ...hell no! however in life you make choices based in what you know, with no magic ball to know the future and then live up with

the consequences of those decisions! man-up!

Obviously but that’s literally what the article is talking about and OP is arguing against. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

ESPN article says every other team would trade their current QB and maybe a few other guys and some picks for Mahomes...

Someone actually read the article?

but so many didn’t and made up their minds and got all angry and hostile....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To say that Mahomes  would not have put up the same numbers in Buffalo isn't to cast doubt on the guys amazing talent or to trash the  Bills organization; it just acknowledges the vast differences between the two teams offensive personnel. 

I think posters are absolutely trying to cast doubt on his talent to make it seem like less of a mistake to not draft him. Otherwise why bring it up if it's so obvious?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chemical said:

I think posters are absolutely trying to cast doubt on his talent to make it seem like less of a mistake to not draft him. Otherwise why bring it up if it's so obvious?

Exactly. The truly great QB's elevate those around them. The implication is that he would be a bum with Buffalo's supporting cast, which I dismiss entirely. The guy is going to be the freaking MVP of the league.

This is not to cast aspersions on Allen, but he's not in the same league as Mahomes AT THIS POINT, supporting cast notwithstanding. 

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Not what i was trying to say - Im saying a lameduck GM isn't making the call.  It would be McD.  And i don't think he fancies himself a QB evaluator, especially when he only saw him at a pro day/combine.

But appreciate the sass for no reason.

Sass is all I have in life. Pray for me.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Exactly. The truly great QB's elevate those around them. The implication is that he would be a bum with Buffalo's supporting cast, which I dismiss entirely. The guy is going to be the freaking MVP of the league.

This is not to cast aspersions on Allen, but he's not in the same league as Mahomes AT THIS POINT, supporting cast notwithstanding. 

The people around Mahomes don't need elevating. He has the best weapons in the league.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not even Mahomes could elevate Clay to anywhere near Kelsey's performance.