Southern Bills Fan

ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

My goodness, guys, in hindsight would many of us like Mahommes?  Now?  yeah, probably right, writer.  Congrats.  You are a genius of the unusal sort.  Thanks, Kreskin.

The only thing I am 100% sure about in my life, in hindsight, is that I married the right woman...Love you, Sweety!

Everything else is a gamble.  I had Chex cereal this morning and now only 4 hours later I'm thinking I should have gone with a bagel.

This moron's next article will be how everyone's favorite gas is oxygen...peon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My goodness, guys, in hindsight would many of us like Mahommes?  Now?  yeah, probably right, writer.  Congrats.  You are a genius of the unusal sort.  Thanks, Kreskin.

The only thing I am 100% sure about in my life, in hindsight, is that I married the right woman...Love you, Sweety!

Everything else is a gamble.  I had Chex cereal this morning and now only 4 hours later I'm thinking I should have gone with a bagel.

This moron's next article will be how everyone's favorite gas is oxygen...peon.

@dollars 2 donuts, again, if it were within my power to bestow both a "haha" and a Lombardi trophy, I would do it. Congrats, post of the day!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

We won’t really know until next year. There is a chance Allen and Mahommes are the top two QBs in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Isn't it funny how the writer tries to make the word "undoubtedly" sound like a quote, instead of him just...writing.

I hope the best for Allen.  Of course Mahommes is awesome, and he was one of the guys I wanted.

Additionally, though, looking at the last game of either young man's first season...I'll take Allen's 3 TD passes, and two rushing TDs over 284 yards and an interception.

Allen is better than Mahommes....YESSSS!!!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 2

Opinions are like...

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agreed, but it’s not like it didn’t work out for the Bills either. Some trades can be mutually beneficial. I am of the opinion that Allen is going to be special. He may not be Mahomes special, but will be a top 10 QB. If you add that to a couple of pro bowl caliber defenders (White already is and Edmunds will be) you did well. 

This is the most rational take, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

The writer would have a better case making the argument that the Bears would gladly trade Trubisky instead. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have a feeling Mahomes is going to come up short on Saturday.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agreed, but it’s not like it didn’t work out for the Bills either. Some trades can be mutually beneficial. I am of the opinion that Allen is going to be special. He may not be Mahomes special, but will be a top 10 QB. If you add that to a couple of pro bowl caliber defenders (White already is and Edmunds will be) you did well. 

Agreed. I loved Allen as a prospect, not as much as I did Mahomes, but I don't see any reason yet to think Allen can't become a great QB. Obviously in retrospect Mahomes is already there though and while Allen has that potential, it's always a very small percentage chance of actually happening. Bills certainly didn't come away looking awful with the trade, but I do think they'd prefer the more certainty that Mahomes represents right now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Allen is better than Mahommes....YESSSS!!!!!! 

errrr, OK there O29...permission to pump the breaks there a little bit.

I was stating a fact, not a conclusion...and I was...let's just say "excited"!

:P

Mahomes is a stud and will be for a long time. He also has a plethora of weapons and 2 years under his belt with one of the greatest offensive minds ever. 

No one, including the author of this article knows where either player or franchise will be in 5 years.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

errrr, OK there O29...permission to pump the breaks there a little bit.

I was stating a fact, not a conclusion...and I was...let's just say "excited"!

:P

I was just doing what the espn writer was. 

Heres another one... Kansas City “obviously should have hired Doug Pederson over Ried, given his likelihood to win championships! 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Oh please. Drafting Mahomes would not have brought Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce.

If and it is still to be determined, Allen and Edmunds are high level players for years even if not MVP caliber they make that trade everytime. A DB, MLB, and QB will be the cornerstones for the team. Now they just need to fix the line and get a WR.

• Like (+1) 2

They focus on the Bill's because they traded the pick to KC. However there were 9 picks ahead of where Mahomes was picked and I bet those teams would rather have Mahomes than the players they drafted. Oh well, the Mahomes talk won't be going away anytime soon, IMO. We'll be hearing about it his whole career as long as he plays at this level.

• Like (+1) 1

Hindsight being 20/10 (yeah, I went to exceptional vision status) is that the first 4 teams in the 2017 draft (Cleveland, Chicago, San Francisco and Jacksonville) should have taken Mahommes.

...but, as usual, we are the only suckers...in hindsight.

Get bent, you click bait freak.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think he'll play well and generate points. But that defense won't be able to stop Luck and Co.. They are a sieve. The Colts' defense can at least make some plays here and there. KC's D just plain stinks. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Well, considering that Mahomes and Allen weren't even in the same draft and the Bills could not have come even close to completing their pre-draft evaluation work on Allen, it's not an either Mahomes or Allen question straight up, right? The premise/byline of the article becomes somewhat misleading then, no? And what is the point of bashing the Bills on this one when how many other franchises similarly passed on Mahomes before KC? 

i believe the correlation comes from the fact that the pick the Bills traded to KC was used to select Mahomes. lets not over think this. that considered, considering Mahomes could quite possibly be the MVP this year, the supposition is not that far fetched. arguments could be made to the contrary of course, such as, amongst others, would Mahomes have done as well outside of Andy Reid. again, it is not an entirely outlandish argument. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The way I read it, he said we would trade White, Jones and Edmunds for Mahomes. I think thats fair

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If the Bills had evaluated Mahomes and thought he could end up looking anything like the guy who has ripped apart the NFL this season, they obviously would have taken him with their first-round pick. Instead, they sent the 10th selection to the Chiefs for the 27th and 91st selections, along with Kansas City's 2018 first-round pick, which ended up as the 22nd pick. The Bills drafted star cornerback Tre'Davious White with Kansas City's 2017 first-rounder, and then used the other two picks in trades that eventually netted them Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds. Sean McDermott undoubtedly loves his two defensive building blocks, and the Bills believe that Josh Allen, their other first-rounder in 2018, can turn into a viable starter, but they would undoubtedly trade all three for Mahomes in a heartbeat.

I don't think that I would. Thoughts? BTW the article crushes the Bills over Gilmore as well.

Bill Barnwell...Enough said.😩

39 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If the Bills had evaluated Mahomes and thought he could end up looking anything like the guy who has ripped apart the NFL this season, they obviously would have taken him with their first-round pick. Instead, they sent the 10th selection to the Chiefs for the 27th and 91st selections, along with Kansas City's 2018 first-round pick, which ended up as the 22nd pick. The Bills drafted star cornerback Tre'Davious White with Kansas City's 2017 first-rounder, and then used the other two picks in trades that eventually netted them Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds. Sean McDermott undoubtedly loves his two defensive building blocks, and the Bills believe that Josh Allen, their other first-rounder in 2018, can turn into a viable starter, but they would undoubtedly trade all three for Mahomes in a heartbeat.

I don't think that I would. Thoughts? BTW the article crushes the Bills over Gilmore as well.

1.  There is no way the Bills would make that trade.  

2.  The comparison of Mahomes to the Bills sitaution is irresponsible without a comparison of the two offenses and coaching style.  Mahomes has arguably the best QB coach as his head-coach, and sat behind a veteran his rookie year.  Perhaps Allen tears up the NFL next year?  Mahomes has a better OL, how would he look here?  Mahomes had K. Hunt for a while, as well as T. Hill, S. Watkins, and a QB's best friend, a fantastic TE in Kelce.  

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think he'll play well and generate points. But that defense won't be able to stop Luck and Co.. They are a sieve. The Colts' defense can at least make some plays here and there. KC's D just plain stinks. 

I think the Colts win.  They get up early and pound the ball on the ground the rest of the game with a few deep balls to Hilton and intermediate routes to Ebron.  The Colts D is also underrated.  

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think Mahomes has come up short in all primtime games this year?  The Colts D will be on him all day.  

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think the Colts win.  They get up early and pound the ball on the ground the rest of the game with a few deep balls to Hilton and intermediate routes to Ebron.  The Colts D is also underrated.  

It's always appreciated when the visiting team on Divisional Weekend makes a decent go of it.  Hopefully at least one can do it.

Winning on the road is another matter unless there is a Godzilla of a reason to pump up the visitors, as in Emmitt Smith sat out the first two weeks for the Cowboys and caused them to be a Wild Card Weekend entry.

Take away that oline, Hill and Kelsie and all of a sudden Mahomes might look very ordinary. Lets let him marinate for a couple years before we anoint him goat....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

They focus on the Bill's because they traded the pick to KC. However there were 9 picks ahead of where Mahomes was picked and I bet those teams would rather have Mahomes than the players they drafted. Oh well, the Mahomes talk won't be going away anytime soon, IMO. We'll be hearing about it his whole career as long as he plays at this level.

If the Bills win with Allen, Edmunds, and White, the talk will go away.

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

True.  Been a while since we've seen threads about how dumb it was to trade Ragland, hasn't it?

• Like (+1) 3