ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Yes, because I would have picked Mahomes there otherwise.  If you're trading to a team that's going to use the pick on the QB, you gotta jack them up.

It was McDermotts buddy.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Would the Bills have the 2nd best defense without White or Edmunds(who we got because of trading away pick 10 in 2017) though?

When we had a top notch D in 2014 would you have traded that for Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

The media from politics to sports is filled with writers who insert their opinions as facts. 

It literally would be fact everyone but on a Bills message board.  This would be laughable to others.  Of course, I saw a Dolphins post where they debated who was better between Tom Brady and Danute Culpepper when they acquired him.  

Fans are fantastic.

• Haha (+1) 1

In my opinion, and going back to the original article, this isn't about a pissing match between the value of Mahommes vs Allen.

Don't kid yourself, this is 100% about pissing all over the Bills as a lacky, "aw shucks, we done screwed up again yuk-yuk" franchise by a writer who doesn't know any better.

This is from a writer who glosses over our first playoff in 17 years and then views the 6-10 2018 season as stumble, when pretty much most around here expected there to be a step back, especially when you purge talent and have 55 million dollars in dead cap space...but why let facts get in the way of a good slam.

Like I said earlier, four QB needy teams had a shot at Mahommes and didn't take him.  I think Trubisky is quite good, but you tell me the fun an offensive mind like Nagy would have had with Mahommes...and they wouldn't have had to give up anything to get him, and he would produce quite a bit more in Chicago this year than he would in Buffalo...but then again, as the saying goes: "When in Rome, let's f*** over the lowly Bills."

I remember almost a generation ago our GM, Tom Donahoe, talking about the importance of the Rooney Rule (named after his old boss) and that the true importance was having minority candidates in for the interviews which would hone interviewing skills and eventually break that barrier with eventual coaching jobs.  I also remember that it was virtually in the bag that Marvin Lewis was going to be the Bills first black head coach, hired by Tom Donahoe.  I also remember those plans went bust by all accounts because Mrs. Lewis likely didn't want to raise her family in Buffalo...fine.

The thing is, even given the knowledge of the above, the Bills hired Greg Williams, a very accomplished DC, and they got ridden out on the rail...by media...everywhere, for exacerbating the racist theme of NFL hiring practices.

...weeks later I believe the Cowboys hired Bill Parcells, without even interviewing a minority candidate...and not a peep...from anyone.  Because, hey you know...don't be like that.  It's Parcells and he's really good.  The hell with the rule, and they are the Cowboys.

It's real.  It's bulls***, and honestly, you get tired of it after awhile.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The media from politics to sports is filled with writers who insert their opinions as facts. 

we should have figured this out when we were 12 years old at the latest, right?

• Like (+1) 1

We have to be the most thin skinned fan base in the NFL. 

Mahomes is very, very good. You're kidding yourself if you don't believe that to be true. The hope is that Allen can be very, very good. He's not there yet. This is turning into an Allen/Mahomes debate. If Allen is the real deal, none of this will matter and the Bills will be fine. 

As Stevie Johnson would say, why so serious?

• Like (+1) 5

Truth is that this is NOT an easy question, and to be honest, this article is pretty stupid for saying that "obviously" Buffalo would do it, because I don't know that is true.  Doesn't mean they wouldn't, but it certainly is NOT obvious, and to suggest it is lazy writing.  

Its easier to win a Super Bowl when both sides of the ball are good than it is when one side is dominant and the other sucks.  So if Bills completely believe in Allen and his development once they get more weapons around him, then there is no way they would send him and gut the rising stars of their 2nd ranked defense to get Mahomes.  Allens ceiling is as high or even higher than Mahomes, so it is just going to come down on the FO believe in him reaching that potential.  And right now, I would bet the Bills feel pretty good about the kid and Edmunds too.  

Just like I am sure KC is not interested in trading Mahomes either.  I actually pretty sure neither team would be interested in this trade.  We have literally one of the best young corners in the game, one of the most promising LB's in the game who isnt even 21 yet, and easily one of the brightest young QB's in the NFL in Allen.  I am pretty sure Beane is excited about that trio and isnt interested in gutting what could be 3 perennial Pro Bowl candidates for one player, even one as good as Mahomes.  

But if they aren't sold on Allen, then sure, they may entertain this...but I would bet anything that they are in love with Allens and his future right now.

17 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

We have to be the most thin skinned fan base in the NFL. 

nah, any fan base that cares can't handle objective opinions......

Portland Blazers fans are a bit more edgy on the media than others.

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Most people came away really impressed from Mahomes’ 1st start last year. He nearly threw from 300 yards, more than any game for Allen this year.  

Mahomes is a really special qb.  Not sure (not saying you) how it can be debated.  And every other fan base would laugh at thinking Josh Allen could do the same thing in KC.  

Mahomes is more Peyton while Allen is more Vick (cross racial comparisons!!!). 

Wow.  Early happy hour? 

Who? you or me. Time will tell. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I mean, Mahomes is about to be named the MVP in his first season as a starter; I think the writer is probably correct that Buffalo would take that in retrospect.

you said it : ¨in retrospect¨, however life doesn't work that way, let me put you an example: ¨would you root for the Bills back in the late 80s, if only you had known

they were to lose 4 SBs in a row? ...hell no! however in life you make choices based in what you know, with no magic ball to know the future and then live up with

the consequences of those decisions! man-up!

25 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

you said it : ¨in retrospect¨, however life doesn't work that way, let me put you an example: ¨would you root for the Bills back in the late 80s, if only you had known

they were to lose 4 SBs in a row? ...hell no! however in life you make choices based in what you know, with no magic ball to know the future and then live up with

the consequences of those decisions! man-up!

but i did root for the Bills during their horrible phases in the 70s and 80s, there was no reward for continuing until year 3 of the Kelly Era started producing.

24 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

they were to lose 4 SBs in a row?

Yes.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It was McDermotts buddy.

When we had a top notch D in 2014 would you have traded that for Aaron Rodgers.

In 2014 we probably wouldn't have had the cap room to add a Rodgers unless we dismantled the team, the reason why so many teams are able to win quickly with young QBs (see Philly, Chicago, KC, the Rams) can do so well is because they are paying their QB so little they can use cap room on other places to build super teams around them. The Bills will be in that position this offseason so let's see what we do when aren't committing so much money to dead cap space.

Y'all are delusional if you don't think they SHOULD trade the entire team for Mahomes. Beane and McDermott might not actually do it because it would look bad, but if there was a new regime in there tomorrow  they would take this deal in a heartbeat. 

My friend is a KC fan he is constantly posting about how enamored he is with all the weapons they have. He can't believe how lucky he is that his team finally has weapons and he gets to watch these weapons for the next 10+ years.?

The fact is Mahomes is better than Allen will ever be. Just watch the games. It's not about the weapons, although that helps. People using the argument that he wouldn't be as good in Buffalo are just twisting the knife. To me they're only pointing out that not only do we have the lesser QB but also the team and coach are worse too. How are we supposed to believe Allen will develop when you keep saying Mahomes wouldn't have?? Talking out of both sides of your mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I mean, Mahomes is about to be named the MVP in his first season as a starter; I think the writer is probably correct that Buffalo would take that in retrospect.

...LOL...hindsight is a beautiful thing, isn't it?.....realistically, there was a dichotomy of opinions pre-draft about Mahomes.....one contingent said to steer clear as he was from the "dreaded" Air Raid Offense and that "NO QB from the Air Raid succeeds in the NFL".......again OPINIONS....so he goes out and has proven them wrong so far.....so now are ALL Air Raid products universally accepted or is this one guy who happened NOT to be an Air Raid leper?.....seems to me the more logical approach would be to analyze the INDIVIDUAL's potential for success at the NFL level before anointing or condemning him based on his collegiate training...Mahomes has hit a grand slam so far.....and perhaps (COUGH) Andy has made a difference as well....and no reason to doubt the potential for Josh as Bflo's long term answer at QB.....kid has size, speed, moxy, leadership skills and some mighty gonads so far as willingness to put this club on his shoulders...

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL...hindsight is a beautiful thing, isn't it?.....realistically, there was a dichotomy of opinions pre-draft about Mahomes.....one contingent said to steer clear as he was from the "dreaded" Air Raid Offense and that "NO QB from the Air Raid succeeds in the NFL".......again OPINIONS....so he goes out and has proven them wrong so far.....so now are ALL Air Raid products universally accepted or is this one guy who happened NOT to be an Air Raid leper?.....seems to me the more logical approach would be to analyze the INDIVIDUAL's potential for success at the NFL level before anointing or condemning him based on his collegiate training...Mahomes has hit a grand slam so far.....and perhaps (COUGH) Andy has made a difference as well....and no reason to doubt the potential for Josh as Bflo's long term answer at QB.....kid has size, speed, moxy, leadership skills and some mighty gonads so far as willingness to put this club on his shoulders...

Andy has helped and is a great offensive mind, but nobody has explained to me how Mahomes threw 20 MORE TOUCHDOWNS than any of his QB's in 20 YEARS as a Head Coach.

It ain't all Andy or that offense. Mahomes is the real deal.