ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He could.  But also completed 52% of his passes (I know it was not his fault) after completing 56% in college (obviously not his fault either) and had a 66 qb rating.  He could very well turn out to be special.  But every other fanbase but ours would laugh at that trade.

Our head coach is the GM.  He hired Beane.  He will get the final say.

That's ridiculous. Man you guys pull things out of your ass on the daily.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If the Bills had evaluated Mahomes and thought he could end up looking anything like the guy who has ripped apart the NFL this season, they obviously would have taken him with their first-round pick. Instead, they sent the 10th selection to the Chiefs for the 27th and 91st selections, along with Kansas City's 2018 first-round pick, which ended up as the 22nd pick. The Bills drafted star cornerback Tre'Davious White with Kansas City's 2017 first-rounder, and then used the other two picks in trades that eventually netted them Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds. Sean McDermott undoubtedly loves his two defensive building blocks, and the Bills believe that Josh Allen, their other first-rounder in 2018, can turn into a viable starter, but they would undoubtedly trade all three for Mahomes in a heartbeat.

I don't think that I would. Thoughts? BTW the article crushes the Bills over Gilmore as well.

If I were given that deal and I had 1 hour to decide I'd do it. I'd trade all 3 for Mahomes. Yes. Dude makes no-look passes for cryin out loud.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Really depends on how Allen turns out. 

Right now that’s probably worth the trade, but if Allen is next years Mahomes, it’ll be a whole new story. 

That's what makes it a difficult question.  Whether or not Josh Allen ever logs 5,000 yards of passing in a single season, he could still be really good, and yet Mahomes in much better at this moment.  Not trading is a gamble on the development of all three Bills players, but especially Allen.

10 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That's what makes it a difficult question.  Whether or not Josh Allen ever logs 5,000 yards of passing in a single season, he could still be really good, and yet Mahomes in much better at this moment.  Not trading is a gamble on the development of all three Bills players, but especially Allen.

will give a better answer in 2023

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

You should probably pick a side and stick to it. Either McD missed or Whaley missed. I personally think Mahomes, Darby, Edmunds > Allen, White, and Edmunds. Even better would be Glenn in there. 

Not what i was trying to say - Im saying a lameduck GM isn't making the call.  It would be McD.  And i don't think he fancies himself a QB evaluator, especially when he only saw him at a pro day/combine.

But appreciate the sass for no reason.

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

it seems pretty clear to me the article says the Bills would trade Mahomes for White, Jones and Edmunds. Those are the guys that were picked up wholly or in part by picks from the Mahomes trade.

In this regard I agree with ESPN

don't bring clarity from actually reading the article

• Haha (+1) 1

Mahomes had 53 tds his last year in college.

In an air raid system. And he was seen as a question mark.

Im not arguing if Mahomes is good, he looks great. But coming in they were both great specimens with big questions about their game and what they would be at the next level. Mahomes, in his second year, has proven to be a stud. Allen has shown more in his first year than mahomes did (obviously due to opportunity) so the possibility exists that Allen could take a big jump forward like Mahomes did. Or he could not.

That will really frame this question better. 

Another way of looking at it, what numbers does Josh Allen put up in Kansas City?  As good as Mahomes?  Most likely not.  Better than he did in Buffalo this year?  Most likely yes.

Mahomes has way better talent around him.  No doubt.

As far as the trade is concerned, writer is suggesting trading 3 starters, a qb, a LB, a CB, for one starting qb.  Mahomes had a great year no doubt but this would be a dumb trade.

Edited by DCbillsfan

Wait, ESPN is dumb because the said Buffalo would trade for a guy who thew 50 tds in his second year? ?

Mahomes had 53 tds his last year in college.

Yes! First, I believe Allen is a better QB than Mahomes. The trade not only got us a better QB, but we were able to get Edmonds and White thrown in. Now if you have a different opinion that's your problem.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

In an air raid system. And he was seen as a question mark.

Im not arguing if Mahomes is good, he looks great. But coming in they were both great specimens with big questions about their game and what they would be at the next level. Mahomes, in his second year, has proven to be a stud. Allen has shown more in his first year than mahomes did (obviously due to opportunity) so the possibility exists that Allen could take a big jump forward like Mahomes did. Or he could not.

That will really frame this question better. 

Most people came away really impressed from Mahomes’ 1st start last year. He nearly threw from 300 yards, more than any game for Allen this year.  

Mahomes is a really special qb.  Not sure (not saying you) how it can be debated.  And every other fan base would laugh at thinking Josh Allen could do the same thing in KC.  

Mahomes is more Peyton while Allen is more Vick (cross racial comparisons!!!). 

1 minute ago, gjv001 said:

Yes! First, I believe Allen is a better QB than Mahomes. The trade not only got us a better QB, but we were able to get Edmonds and White thrown in. Now if you have a different opinion that's your problem.

Wow.  Early happy hour? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah yeah yeah Mahomes is good, but he also has a pretty fantastic supporting cast on the offensive side of the ball. I guarantee he wouldn't have the same numbers on any other team save for maybe the Rams and Saints.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I wouldn't trade the three for Mahomes.   No way.  

I believe five years from now, probably less, Allen will be the better QB, so I don't think I'd trade even up.   

Right now I would. Next year I hope my answer is no.

Allen looks promising. 

Edmunds looks big and fast....and somewhat promising.

Tre is a star. But star CB's aren't star QB's.