ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

25 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

If I was completely sold on Allen, I probably don't make the deal. My reservations are such that I WOULD make the deal as Mahomes is a known commodity at this point. Allen has every chance in the world to prove the Bills(and you) right.

That doesn't mean Allen has to put up video game numbers, as he doesn't have that type of personnel and likely won't for the foreseeable future. All he really needs to do is put up a solid season and close the gap with Mahomes.

Agreed on all this, and that was my point.  I feel pretty confident that both McD and Beane are sold on Allen and why I do not believe they themselves would make this trade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed on all this, and that was my point.  I feel pretty confident that both McD and Beane are sold on Allen and why I do not believe they themselves would make this trade.

I think Mahomes is so much better than Allen that it's not even funny, but I don't think McD & Beane would make this deal.

And Mahomes being so great goes well beyond talent around him... The dude played like this in college without the talent around him, as seen by his W/L record compared to his stats & play in-game, then came into the league & put up HISTORIC numbers. There have been young QB's starting for the first time surrounded by great talent throughout NFL history, but Mahomes took that to another level. He outplayed seasoned all-pro Hall of Fame QB's, he did things people have never seen before (throwing no-look passes, switching hands mid-scramble & throwing a left handed pass for a 1st down, etc.) and did everything in his power to deliver the Chiefs an AFC Championship win. 

That's not just "good" or "great" play that can be glossed over, and being named MVP in his first season as a starter will be just another bullet point after his 5,000 yard, 50 TD, 318 yards per game season. We'll be lucky if Allen scores 50 passing TD's in 3 seasons as a starter, and if he ever breaks 4,000 yards passing in a season once. And a Bills QB being named MVP? Pretty much impossible. But I'll tell you one thing, if Allen delivers us a home AFC Championship playoff game like Mahomes did, I don't care what his stats are. All will be fine with me, and I'm sure McDermott & Beane would feel the same too.

They've attached themselves to this horse, and they'll ride him to success or failure. If Allen pans out and Edmunds bombs, it'll still be ok for them. White has proven he's a top level corner, though anyone & everyone would take a top level QB over a CB. So really Edmunds & White don't matter in this scenario, it's all on Allen. If he can at least become a top 1/3 QB, I think Bills fans will be satisfied.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Then, we are run by stupid people and given their offensive moves, it’s hard not to argue that.  They badly need an offensive consultant.

Mahomes & JuJu + keep all your picks or Allen + Zay + plus 2 trade ups ????

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Has anyone realized yet the OP has four Bills players in it but talks about trading three?  Who gets traded?

It's been pointed out multiple times that the story the OP was quoting was saying the Bills would gladly trade Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds for Patrick Mahomes.

Allen was not part of it..........because he wasn't acquired with any assets from the Chiefs trade.

But the mods chose to just let him use a misleading title........which is their prerogative...........and it doesn't really matter if you throw in Allen or not.......Mahomes is the MVP and youngest player to ever throw 50 TD passes..........he's amazing........it's a slam dunk.........hell throw in Milano and Dawkins if they need to.:lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's been pointed out multiple times that the story the OP was quoting was saying the Bills would gladly trade Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds for Patrick Mahomes.

Allen was not part of it..........because he wasn't acquired with any assets from the Chiefs trade.

But the mods chose to just let him use a misleading title........which is their prerogative...........and it doesn't really matter if you throw in Allen or not.......Mahomes is the MVP and youngest player to ever throw 50 TD passes..........he's amazing........it's a slam dunk.........hell throw in Milano and Dawkins if they need to.:lol:

Ray Ray McCloud is where I draw the line though. 

• Haha (+1) 2