ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

You just keep moving the goal posts further and further back....NOTHING you've had to say about Mahomes has been remotely close to accurate.  Mahomes threw for 25 TD and 2700 yards to guys not named Hill, Kelce and Watkins this year.  His numbers to just the other scrubs on the team would have ranked him in the top half of QB's for the year.  He has done this with the Worst D in the NFL, and lost the support of a pro bowl RB who they had to "kick" off the team....KC's 4 losses were by a combined 21 points.  Alex Smith had the same weapons, coaches and BETTER D than this and could barely must HALF Mahomes production.  By the way...KC ran and threw at the same ratio they did last year...so this isn't about volume of attmepts etc....Mahomes is simply that much better and way more efficient....I don't often say this about anyone as all kinds of people have all kinds of opinions...but you sir...you do not know what you are talking about.  

OMG. Go root for the Chefs, oh wait you already do. Get off the Bills message board and go support that team. Don’t care about KC and couldn’t care less about you. I don’t like Mahomes, never have and never will. 

Get over yourself. KC wasn’t all that impressive in beating the Colts.

i lived in KC for 9 grilling years, every year its the same thing...oh the Royals are the best team in baseball, oh this is the year the Chefs win the Stupid Bowl. 

Happy to say, I no longer have to hear that crap on TV or the radio. Even happier to say I don’t care about you or you opinion. 

On 1/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, BuffaloMatt said:

Mahomes aint done nothing yet. I know stats are great. KC going to playoffs. Let's see what he does this weekend. 

I know I am reposting myself. I still don't regret the trade and he certainly is making the most of what he has with the talent around him. No one will be a bigger Mahomes fan than me when he squares of with the evil empire next weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

You just keep moving the goal posts further and further back....NOTHING you've had to say about Mahomes has been remotely close to accurate.  Mahomes threw for 25 TD and 2700 yards to guys not named Hill, Kelce and Watkins this year.  His numbers to just the other scrubs on the team would have ranked him in the top half of QB's for the year.  He has done this with the Worst D in the NFL, and lost the support of a pro bowl RB who they had to "kick" off the team....KC's 4 losses were by a combined 21 points.  Alex Smith had the same weapons, coaches and BETTER D than this and could barely must HALF Mahomes production.  By the way...KC ran and threw at the same ratio they did last year...so this isn't about volume of attmepts etc....Mahomes is simply that much better and way more efficient....I don't often say this about anyone as all kinds of people have all kinds of opinions...but you sir...you do not know what you are talking about.  

You can't be serious with this are you?  You don't think that Hill, Watkins & Kelce contributed to what you describe as "scrubs" getting open?  If a defense doesn't construct a game plan to first stop Kelce, then stop Hill and then stop Watkins they're incompetent.  And by the time a defense has accounted for those 3 there's not much left to deal with the "scrubs". 

And do you know why Bills fans know this?  Because as much as we liked Beebe when he had a 4 TD receiving game we figured that Thomas, Reed & Loften had something to do with it!

As far as KC having a weak defense wouldn't that help Mahomes in putting up bigger numbers?  I mean shoot outs are made for creating big time stats.

I think most Bills fans realize that Mahomes has had a phenomenal start to his career and that he's going to be a great QB.  At the same time only a blind man would ignore the major contributions of the NFL's best WR & TE to Mahomes great start. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

I'll say the exact same thing I said before in this thread and said I would keep coming back to as a reminder.

...and that is the Allen vs Mahommes is a red herring in this mishy-gosh.

This is about a reporter taking a dig at Buffalo and the Bills, when there were other fish to fry, as well, concerning the option to take Mahommes.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, billsfan5121 said:

The thing I don’t like about stuff like this is it’s impossible to account for what a player would have been in a different environment.  I am pretty certain that some players will be great no matter where they go (Peyton Manning), but others you have to wonder if it would be the same.

I remember hearing Joe Montana once making the same point, about his own career.  His point was that how you play is very much influenced by where and when you play, for most guys.  It is an obvious point, but one that isn't considered enough, in my opinion.  I have little doubt had Tom Brady been a sixth round draft pick by the Bills or Lions in 2001, he would be a foot-note in team history.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/13/2019 at 5:13 PM, Shaw66 said:

This is great analysis of why the Bills might not have wanted him.  Plus, the NFL doesn't like small QBs. Mahomes and Mayfield may finally change that bias.

But it doesn't respond to the original point, which is that if they had it to do over they would have kept the pick and taken Mahomes. Who wouldn't? 

Still, given all that's happened I like where the Bill's are. If they'd taken Mahomes, maybe they would have gotten Edmund's anyway, but not White. So Bills possibly will end up better off doing what they did, but today, its hard to argue that getting Mahomes would have been the wrong move.  Two years from now I think we will be happy it fell the way it did, but that's a guess.  Mahones isnt a guess anymore. 

Russell Wilson already did that... Mayfield will not get any better most likely. Mahomes is tall...

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

I remember hearing Joe Montana once making the same point, about his own career.  His point was that how you play is very much influenced by where and when you play, for most guys.  It is an obvious point, but one that isn't considered enough, in my opinion.  I have little doubt had Tom Brady been a sixth round draft pick by the Bills or Lions in 2001, he would be a foot-note in team history.

No, if you got it then you will always succeed.  Guys like Brady and Rodgers would be studs no matter where they played.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:17 AM, Southern Bills Fan said:

If the Bills had evaluated Mahomes and thought he could end up looking anything like the guy who has ripped apart the NFL this season, they obviously would have taken him with their first-round pick. Instead, they sent the 10th selection to the Chiefs for the 27th and 91st selections, along with Kansas City's 2018 first-round pick, which ended up as the 22nd pick. The Bills drafted star cornerback Tre'Davious White with Kansas City's 2017 first-rounder, and then used the other two picks in trades that eventually netted them Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds. Sean McDermott undoubtedly loves his two defensive building blocks, and the Bills believe that Josh Allen, their other first-rounder in 2018, can turn into a viable starter, but they would undoubtedly trade all three for Mahomes in a heartbeat.

I don't think that I would. Thoughts? BTW the article crushes the Bills over Gilmore as well.

Sean should be fired just for the simple reason of not drafting Mahomes who will be league MVP.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Sean should be fired just for the simple reason of not drafting Mahomes who will be league MVP.

So should the nine other head coaches who passed on him.

Hell, fire Andy Reid for starting Alex Smith ahead of him for an entire season.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2019 at 5:49 PM, oldmanfan said:

I have to say I have never found these kind of retrospective analyses worth much.  Would they have taken Mahomes then knowing how he played this season?  Of course.  You can play that game with any pick in the draft for any team in the league.  At the time concerns were expressed about Mahomes' footwork, and that he was coining from a program from which no QBs had succeeded in the league, given the one read shotgun offense they ran.

These articles to me show the problems inherent in our Internet based communications.  Guys have to write stories just to fill a blog or a website, and as such one just writes stuff without a lot of real thought.

Pretty much the main task for GMs and Head Coaches is watching film and doing "retrospective analysis".  Unless you are a time traveler, it is the only kind of analysis available.  So in reality, you are saying you don't like analysis. Good organizations stay on top for a long time, because they make more correct decisions than the other teams.  

37 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Pretty much the main task for GMs and Head Coaches is watching film and doing "retrospective analysis".  Unless you are a time traveler, it is the only kind of analysis available.  So in reality, you are saying you don't like analysis. Good organizations stay on top for a long time, because they make more correct decisions than the other teams.  

That's the job of a GM to be sure and they get fired if they are wrong.  I was referring to these columnists who think they're so brilliant.

14 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Its a little early to call him a choke IMO. Its his D that has choked thus far. Lemme ask ya tho...Allen, Edwards, White..or Mahommes? Who ya prefer?

Doesn't NE* have 17 points mid-way through the 4Q?  :huh:

19 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Its a little early to call him a choke IMO. Its his D that has choked thus far. Lemme ask ya tho...Allen, Edwards, White..or Mahommes? Who ya prefer?

KC’s D does indeed suck. 

But  they’ve given up all of 17 points. Certainly not an insurmountable amount of points and a more than respectable performance against Brady and Co.

KC’s offense has not lived up to its billing today. Gotta give the NE*** defense credit.

Edited by K-9

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

KC’s D does indeed suck. 

But  they’ve given up all of 17 points. Certainly not an insurmountable amount of points and a more than respectable performance against Brady and Co.

KC’s offense has not lived up to its billing today. Gotta give the NE*** defense credit.

Ok. But he scored enough in my opinion to not be labeled "choke" Mahommes

6 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Damn could you imagine if we had Mahomes?

He's just so good its amazing. 

I'd rather have Hill & Kelce to be honest - they are so good it's amazing. 

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

To be fair ask us after next season. 

• Like (+1) 2