ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

3 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Revisit this in 3-5 years... until then we have no idea.  As so many others have said in the thread, way to early to evaluate this concept.  

That kind of reduces any interest, as by then the outcome would be known. The question is far more interesting now. Would Bills fans ( or management ) trade those three players for Mahomes today? I would. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Of course the Bills would make this trade. Mahomes is the most valuable and most dynamic player in the league right now, -- a generational talent. An equally good question to ask: would KC make this trade? The answer is never. 

The OP is asking a question that the writer was not..............Allen was not selected with any assets acquired in the Mahomes trade..............but yeah, you still trade Allen, White and Edmunds for Mahomes..........he's a proven success and likely Dan Marino 2.0.........while Allen is unproven and White and Edmunds will be retired for 8-10 years when Mahomes is still slinging it in the NFL.

But I said a week ago.........once the playoffs get rolling all the paths-not-taken(Mahomes/Watson.....Anthony Lynn/Frank Reich) will start being discussed because they are front and center in the postseason and Bills fans aren't going to like it.

McBeane have taken a questionable route to their current optimistic mediocrity............the mid-80's Bills kinda' did to when they chose Kelly over Marino........that looked bad for a few years.......but that time it worked out for the best........hopefully this time it does too.   

1 hour ago, sir andrew said:

How does this guy know that the Bills would've taken Mahomes at 10?  Slow news day at the office, I guess.

Good point I never thought of that.   Someone should ask Beane who they had there on the board at 10.  He'd probably deadpan and say TreD all along, which may actually be true.

I remember right after the college season ended two years ago most mocks had Mahomes in the 3rd round area because he was a scrambler and had some erratic play in college.  Didn't think he was a pocket passer.   

Virtually everyone forgets that now, its amazing how the vast majority of NFL fans and network dudes act like they knew all along and the Bills were nuts to pass on Mahomes.

Don't hear anyone from Cinci complaining about taking John Ross instead of Mahomes at 9.   

At least we passed on him and got a nice prize to show for it.  Where are the irate Bengals fans?  You picked a bust WR in front of the NFL MVP quarterback.  (Ok he might not be a bust, but in a redraft he goes in the 4th round.  Awful target to catch ratio, probably the worst in the league)

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

The article clearly implies Allen since he is the last one mentioned.

No it doesn’t. It says trade all three before they even mention that the Bills like Allen. Then mentions he was acquired with their own first round pick, as in nothing to do with the Mahomes trade as that deal resulted in White, Jones and Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 3

Watson was last seen in Clemson.

Mahomes is two days away from being slain by CPT. Andrew.

Rivers “why practice in NE when the weather is so nice in California” 

If Lynn and that SD/LA group of softies go into Patriot Place and lay down they deserve to be flames. Predictable and foolish.

Edited by CommonCents

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

Good point I never thought of that.   Someone should ask Beane who they had there on the board at 10.  He'd probably deadpan and say TreD all along, which may actually be true.

I remember right after the college season ended two years ago most mocks had Mahomes in the 3rd round area because he was a scrambler and had some erratic play in college.  Didn't think he was a pocket passer.   

Virtually everyone forgets that now, its amazing how the vast majority of NFL fans and network dudes act like they knew all along and the Bills were nuts to pass on Mahomes.

Don't hear anyone from Cinci complaining about taking John Ross instead of Mahomes at 9.   

At least we passed on him and got a nice prize to show for it.  Where are the irate Bengals fans?  You picked a bust WR in front of the NFL MVP quarterback.  (Ok he might not be a bust, but in a redraft he goes in the 4th round.  Awful target to catch ratio, probably the worst in the league)

As I recall Mahomes was rated as a mid-second round on down prospect.  Somebody might have had him as a first rounder but it would have been very few "experts" saying that.  The real story should be that Reid knows how to spin wool into gold.  Something I doubt would have happened in Buffalo.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No it doesn’t. It says trade all three before they even mention that the Bills like Allen. Then mentions he was acquired with their own first round pick, as in nothing to do with the Mahomes trade as that deal resulted in White, Jones and Edmunds. 

Bro I think your reading comprehension skills need work. 

10 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

The article clearly implies Allen since he is the last one mentioned.

No..........you just created a misleading title.

If you want to ask that question don't assign blame to a writer for asking it.........just ask it.

But make note..........the Bills used THEIR pick in the 2018 draft plus the Watkins pick from the Rams and the move up with the Bengals for Cordy Glenn.

The choice was more like Mahomes/Edmunds OR Allen/White/Edmunds.    It wasn't a 3 for 1 it was a 2 for 1.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Better to ask the guys who were here like Whaley and McD. 

Dumb!

What did Mahomes do his rookie year?

Lets let the Bills build up a similar offense talent wise. Mahomes has so much more weapons, better OL etc, second year into the system and in his second year.

This is ridiculous on so many levels!!!!