ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I think if you would not do the trade, you're just an ultimate homer tbh.

Mahomes is great, period.

I think your thinking doesn't go beyond tactical trolling. Hapless and others above provide context that is much more than emotive homerism. But if this is how you get your kicks, have fun.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

The thing I don’t like about stuff like this is it’s impossible to account for what a player would have been in a different environment.  I am pretty certain that some players will be great no matter where they go (Peyton Manning), but others you have to wonder if it would be the same.

With Mahommes, he’s in a great spot with Reid as HC and speed at offensive positions that fit his style perfectly.  Would Zay Jones, Robert Foster, and Clay match the production he got out of Hill, Kielce, and even Watkins?  I doubt it.  Would the production have been greater than what Allen produced, perhaps that is more likely.  

I dont know though.  Mahommes was great this year and nobody can take that away.  His stats will forever be logged in NFL record books and stat sheets.  But thinking he’d put up 5,000 and 50 in our offense is probably a little naive.  

Bills fans will likely view this as the Manning/Brady debate.  Is Brady as good or better than Manning, or is he a system guy?  Is Mahommes better than Allen, or is he a system guy?  Obviously Mahommes is better now, regardless of system, but if Allen is good down the road and throwing for 4200 and 35 TDS while Mahommes is throwing for 4500 and 40 TDS, who is better?  We can never know that but I guess that’s a good problem to have debating if your team has the best qb in the league!

If They traded those three for Mahomes straight up today would you be mad.  That is how I am looking at it.  Do I believe it is possible that Allen could end up the better QB, Yes.  But the problem is the word could is in there.

Mahomes is a legitimate MVP canidate.  You notice there is no could.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

White, Jones, and Edmunds for Mahomes ? Absolutely would make that trade, any GM wouldn’t be able to get the paperwork in fast enough. No problem with not re signing Gilmore. These types of decisions happen all the time, and SG isn’t a game changer / difference maker. Most CBS aren’t , and he’s definitely not Revis in his prime or anything close really. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

White, Jones, and Edmunds for Mahomes ? Absolutely would make that trade, any GM wouldn’t be able to get the paperwork in fast enough. No problem with not re signing Gilmore. These types of decisions happen all the time, and SG isn’t a game changer / difference maker. Most CBS aren’t , and he’s definitely not Revis in his prime or anything close really. 

It's more like Allen + Zay for Mahomes + 2018 pick #53 / #56 / #65......

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think your thinking doesn't go beyond tactical trolling. Hapless and others above provide context that is much more than emotive homerism. But if this is how you get your kicks, have fun.

(1) It is how he gets his kicks and (2) I'm not so sure I would use the term "thinking" and referencing his posts in the same sentence.

It is clearly not "obvious" that the Bills or anyone else would make that trade. There are arguments for both sides; however, we will have a better idea in a couple of years....

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

It's more like Allen + Zay for Mahomes + 2018 pick #53 / #56 / #65......

Just going by what the ESPN guy implied in his sentence. He mentioned White, Jones and Edmunds and said they would trade those 3 for Mahomes. Allen wasn’t part of that. 

I believe the OP's title/premise is wrong.........the writer was saying would the Bills trade Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds for Patrick Mahomes.

Allen has nothing to do with Chiefs trade............he was not acquired with any chips from the Chiefs trade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I mean, Mahomes is about to be named the MVP in his first season as a starter; I think the writer is probably correct that Buffalo would take that in retrospect.

OK, but if the Bills had drafted Mahomes in 2017, sat him last year and started him this past season, do you think he'd have even been in the discussion for MVP right now.   

Prescott looked pretty amazing as a rookie to, imagine what he'll be when he gains experience they were saying.  3 seasons later he's no better, maybe even worse at least statistically.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

(1) It is how he gets his kicks and (2) I'm not so sure I would use the term "thinking" and referencing his posts in the same sentence.

It is clearly not "obvious" that the Bills or anyone else would make that trade. There are arguments for both sides; however, we will have a better idea in a couple of years....

Yes, I agree it is ambiguous. Personally, I think Josh Allen will be very, very good if we surround him with talent and good coaching, so I'm fine with how things worked out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just going by what the ESPN guy implied in his sentence. He mentioned White, Jones and Edmunds and said they would trade those 3 for Mahomes. Allen wasn’t part of that. 

Right.

The ESPN guy is a moron.  That's not what we gave up.  We still could have Mahomes / White / Edmunds.  An argument can be made we more realistically traded Allen + Zay for Mahomes + 3 picks in 2018 2/3rd rounds.  Which realistically makes it WAY worse for us.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I mean, Mahomes is about to be named the MVP in his first season as a starter; I think the writer is probably correct that Buffalo would take that in retrospect.

Right, I'd rather have Mahomes production then Allen's potential 

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Right, I'd rather have Mahomes production then Allen's potential 

But to get Mahomes production, you probably need the KC coaching staff and offensive personnel. Bring him into the situation Allen played under as a raw rookie and you're not going to hear talk of MVP.