ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

Honestly, you know what may...MAY have worked out, but not likely right off the bat?

Trading up in the third round to get Russell Wilson (instead of trading up in the third to get TJ Graham), and keeping Fitz around for a year.

No, he would not be THE Russell WIlson, but we would have seen enough to realize he was a quality QB.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Why shouldn't we trade those young pieces for a 23-24 year old MVP Quarterback? 

And why would the Chiefs even think about making that trade either lol.

Dumb article. 28 teams in the NFL would trade a crapload of their high year 1-2 draft picks for Mahomes in a heartbeat.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I mean, Mahomes is about to be named the MVP in his first season as a starter; I think the writer is probably correct that Buffalo would take that in retrospect.

As would any other franchise in the league too, right? Again, not a true comparison though, since they were drafted in different years. Let's see, the Bills picked Tony Hunter (who?), a TE from Notre Dame with the #12 pick in the 1983 draft, and drafted Jim Kelly #14. With the benefit of hindsight, maybe the Bills would've snapped Jimbo up at #12 first, to ensure that the Lions, or anyone trading picks with the Lions at #13, couldn't grab him?  Or should we also rehash Tom Brady's infamous slide down the draft boards, making every single team in the league look silly, including the Pats, until they took a flyer on him towards the end of the draft? Isn't that an even more egregious example than Mahomes? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My goodness, guys, in hindsight would many of us like Mahommes?  Now?  yeah, probably right, writer.  Congrats.  You are a genius of the unusal sort.  Thanks, Kreskin.

The only thing I am 100% sure about in my life, in hindsight, is that I married the right woman...Love you, Sweety!

Everything else is a gamble.  I had Chex cereal this morning and now only 4 hours later I'm thinking I should have gone with a bagel.

This moron's next article will be how everyone's favorite gas is oxygen...peon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My goodness, guys, in hindsight would many of us like Mahommes?  Now?  yeah, probably right, writer.  Congrats.  You are a genius of the unusal sort.  Thanks, Kreskin.

The only thing I am 100% sure about in my life, in hindsight, is that I married the right woman...Love you, Sweety!

Everything else is a gamble.  I had Chex cereal this morning and now only 4 hours later I'm thinking I should have gone with a bagel.

This moron's next article will be how everyone's favorite gas is oxygen...peon.

@dollars 2 donuts, again, if it were within my power to bestow both a "haha" and a Lombardi trophy, I would do it. Congrats, post of the day!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Isn't it funny how the writer tries to make the word "undoubtedly" sound like a quote, instead of him just...writing.

I hope the best for Allen.  Of course Mahommes is awesome, and he was one of the guys I wanted.

Additionally, though, looking at the last game of either young man's first season...I'll take Allen's 3 TD passes, and two rushing TDs over 284 yards and an interception.

Allen is better than Mahommes....YESSSS!!!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agreed, but it’s not like it didn’t work out for the Bills either. Some trades can be mutually beneficial. I am of the opinion that Allen is going to be special. He may not be Mahomes special, but will be a top 10 QB. If you add that to a couple of pro bowl caliber defenders (White already is and Edmunds will be) you did well. 

This is the most rational take, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agreed, but it’s not like it didn’t work out for the Bills either. Some trades can be mutually beneficial. I am of the opinion that Allen is going to be special. He may not be Mahomes special, but will be a top 10 QB. If you add that to a couple of pro bowl caliber defenders (White already is and Edmunds will be) you did well. 

Agreed. I loved Allen as a prospect, not as much as I did Mahomes, but I don't see any reason yet to think Allen can't become a great QB. Obviously in retrospect Mahomes is already there though and while Allen has that potential, it's always a very small percentage chance of actually happening. Bills certainly didn't come away looking awful with the trade, but I do think they'd prefer the more certainty that Mahomes represents right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes is a stud and will be for a long time. He also has a plethora of weapons and 2 years under his belt with one of the greatest offensive minds ever. 

No one, including the author of this article knows where either player or franchise will be in 5 years.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

errrr, OK there O29...permission to pump the breaks there a little bit.

I was stating a fact, not a conclusion...and I was...let's just say "excited"!

:P

I was just doing what the espn writer was. 

Heres another one... Kansas City “obviously should have hired Doug Pederson over Ried, given his likelihood to win championships! 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh please. Drafting Mahomes would not have brought Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce.

If and it is still to be determined, Allen and Edmunds are high level players for years even if not MVP caliber they make that trade everytime. A DB, MLB, and QB will be the cornerstones for the team. Now they just need to fix the line and get a WR.

• Like (+1) 2

They focus on the Bill's because they traded the pick to KC. However there were 9 picks ahead of where Mahomes was picked and I bet those teams would rather have Mahomes than the players they drafted. Oh well, the Mahomes talk won't be going away anytime soon, IMO. We'll be hearing about it his whole career as long as he plays at this level.

• Like (+1) 1