Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

58 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

At this time last season, I'm sure you said "there's zero chance Baker is going number 1."

I’ll take that bet if you want to make it.

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Why? He doesn't seem very personable to me?

He’s a jerk because he speaks up on social issues?  What an ahole!

Can anyone here pin down this kid’s actual height? Just reading through the thread I see everything from 5’6” to 5’11”. 

Seems like he’s listed at 5’11” officially, but I’ve been around college athletics enough to know those numbers are fudged regularly (Baker isn’t 6’1”, either.)

not trying to put anyone on the spot, I am just curious if anyone has the inside info on his actual measurables. 5’8” vs. 5’11” is a big difference in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s a jerk because he speaks up on social issues?  What an ahole!

I dont find him personable. You can take it whatever direction you want. Maybe he's not a jerk, who knows he's just doesn't seem like someone I'd want to hang around and have a good time.

26 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I dont find him personable. You can take it whatever direction you want. Maybe he's not a jerk, who knows he's just doesn't seem like someone I'd want to hang around and have a good time.

And this is based on meeting him a few times?  It’s weird how people think they know people they never met.  I respect a guy who has a hot tub in his dorm room. 

33 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Can anyone here pin down this kid’s actual height? Just reading through the thread I see everything from 5’6” to 5’11”. 

Seems like he’s listed at 5’11” officially, but I’ve been around college athletics enough to know those numbers are fudged regularly (Baker isn’t 6’1”, either.)

not trying to put anyone on the spot, I am just curious if anyone has the inside info on his actual measurables. 5’8” vs. 5’11” is a big difference in the NFL.

He’s closer to 5’9”.  I know the league is changing and he was great in college. But I think he would get murder in the nfl.  Hell, Cam and Big Ben get hurt and they are monsters.

9 hours ago, billspro said:

Bottom line is you never pass on a QB in the draft if you think he can be a franchise guy. They could probably trade Rosen for a late first round pick if they are not sold on him. Murray is probably a better fit for that offence than Rosen.

So should the Bulls follow the same logic?

56 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You talking about Baker Mayfield?

He was measured at 6' 5/8" tall at the combine.

That's not faked.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

A QB at 5’8”?  No way he goes in the top ten. He wouldn’t be able to see sh*t. 

If this trend continues, we won’t look for QB’s who can see over the linemen, we will look for QB’s who can see UNDER the linemen!  Be patient while the game evolves. 

?

• Like (+1) 1

If this actually happens it proves to me the NFL has gone officially bat feces crazy.  I'm not a big Rosen fan and think the Bills got the right Josh but Arizona was a dumpster fire and to discard Rosen after this season seems insanely premature.  To do it to draft either Haskins or Murray seems to me to be doubling down on crazy.  Now if this were two years from now and the Clemson QB was coming out it might and I emphasize MIGHT be a smart move.  Right now Arizona needs to trade away their #1 pick for as many draft picks as someone is willing to give them.  Paraphrasing what was said in Animal House: "they need the dudes".  

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I figured Mayfield was good enough to go #1 as he was the best QB, but still didn’t think he would as he wasn’t quite 6’2 and a QB that height hadn’t been picked top ten. We all know what happened, but 5’8” ? I don’t think there’s much chance of that. Murray should play baseball, he’ll be crushed at the NFL level. 

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but Pat White comes to mind for me.

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I’ll put it this way, he basically looks like a huge second grader.

• Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

On Mike and Mike this morning, they speculated that The Cardinals could draft Kyler Murray at #1 overall and trade Rosen if they could get enough for him.  They said the rumor came from Schefter reporting that Kingsbury previously stated he would take Murray #1 if the was in the NFL.

if they did it would make them only the second team in the modern era to draft a QB in the first round in back to back years.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25727321

They need something to talk about but Dallas did it so who knows.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

First time I ever saw Rosen was a TV interview. Didn't even hear him speak before I formed an opinion. Was watching with my Jets fan friend months before  the draft. We both took one look at the expression on his face and his body language and tagged him as a d-bag that neither of us wanted to lead our team.

We could both be wrong, perhaps Rosen is a real swell guy and will thrive in the NFL. As it stands right now, we're both happy that he didn't land on our team.

13 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I came to this conclusion before anyone else was considering it.  I stand by it, including the Haskins part instead of Murray.

No way they're taking Haskins.  They hired KK ostensibly to work with Rosen, not anyone else.

But as with everything, we shall see.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I thought that he already said he was playing baseball, or was that someone else.

no, that was him, but now he said he is considering football instead.  I think it will all be dependent on how high he would go in the draft. If he believes that Arizona would be willing to take him at #1, he may go that route.  (I am sure it is a long shot, but who knows)