Sign in to follow this  
buffaloboyinATL

Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

If this actually happens it proves to me the NFL has gone officially bat feces crazy.  I'm not a big Rosen fan and think the Bills got the right Josh but Arizona was a dumpster fire and to discard Rosen after this season seems insanely premature.  To do it to draft either Haskins or Murray seems to me to be doubling down on crazy.  Now if this were two years from now and the Clemson QB was coming out it might and I emphasize MIGHT be a smart move.  Right now Arizona needs to trade away their #1 pick for as many draft picks as someone is willing to give them.  Paraphrasing what was said in Animal House: "they need the dudes".  

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I figured Mayfield was good enough to go #1 as he was the best QB, but still didn’t think he would as he wasn’t quite 6’2 and a QB that height hadn’t been picked top ten. We all know what happened, but 5’8” ? I don’t think there’s much chance of that. Murray should play baseball, he’ll be crushed at the NFL level. 

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but Pat White comes to mind for me.

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Can anyone here pin down this kid’s actual height? Just reading through the thread I see everything from 5’6” to 5’11”. 

Seems like he’s listed at 5’11” officially, but I’ve been around college athletics enough to know those numbers are fudged regularly (Baker isn’t 6’1”, either.)

not trying to put anyone on the spot, I am just curious if anyone has the inside info on his actual measurables. 5’8” vs. 5’11” is a big difference in the NFL.

I’ll put it this way, he basically looks like a huge second grader.

• Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

On Mike and Mike this morning, they speculated that The Cardinals could draft Kyler Murray at #1 overall and trade Rosen if they could get enough for him.  They said the rumor came from Schefter reporting that Kingsbury previously stated he would take Murray #1 if the was in the NFL.

if they did it would make them only the second team in the modern era to draft a QB in the first round in back to back years.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25727321

They need something to talk about but Dallas did it so who knows.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I dont find him personable. You can take it whatever direction you want. Maybe he's not a jerk, who knows he's just doesn't seem like someone I'd want to hang around and have a good time.

First time I ever saw Rosen was a TV interview. Didn't even hear him speak before I formed an opinion. Was watching with my Jets fan friend months before  the draft. We both took one look at the expression on his face and his body language and tagged him as a d-bag that neither of us wanted to lead our team.

We could both be wrong, perhaps Rosen is a real swell guy and will thrive in the NFL. As it stands right now, we're both happy that he didn't land on our team.

12 hours ago, hemma said:

Given the quality of his OL, I'm a little surprised Rosen made it mostly alive to the end of the year.

Poor guy was a tethered goat. 

Maybe the Cards should rename the stadium Jurassic Park.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Seems to be vasilating now that his former coach has the #1 pick in the draft.

I thought that he already said he was playing baseball, or was that someone else.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

13 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I came to this conclusion before anyone else was considering it.  I stand by it, including the Haskins part instead of Murray.

No way they're taking Haskins.  They hired KK ostensibly to work with Rosen, not anyone else.

But as with everything, we shall see.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I thought that he already said he was playing baseball, or was that someone else.

no, that was him, but now he said he is considering football instead.  I think it will all be dependent on how high he would go in the draft. If he believes that Arizona would be willing to take him at #1, he may go that route.  (I am sure it is a long shot, but who knows)

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll put it this way, he basically looks like a huge second grader.

Does that mean they can look forward to all the fun, excitement, and pathos of ‘short man syndrome’?  😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No way they're taking Haskins.  They hired KK ostensibly to work with Rosen, not anyone else.

But as with everything, we shall see.

Glad we dont have to hire a certain coach to work with our guy.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's ridiculous. Tell him to get stepping and enjoy getting run over by guys literally twice as large as he is. 

Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t draft the kid because he doesn’t love football. This just proves it. 

On 1/11/2019 at 2:28 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Returning to OU would be dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

$15 million is not a huge commitment if you feel he is likely to be special but i would really not do it for a guy who is not all in.

With rules in place that protect QBs football is better gig than baseball if you play Qb.  If drafted in the first 15 picks hes getting close to 20 mil guaranteed.  Including playoffs you work 6 months out of the year vs 8 or 9 in baseball.  18 to 20 games a year vs 162.  Travel 10 weekends the rest of the time you are home.  If he was a Rb or Wr or Cb and was taking contact in practice and games with the possibilities of playing special teams than I would say baseball but as a Qb I dont think its really close.

• Like (+1) 1

Murray declared today 

2nd-3rd round? Different than what we heard before

21 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That's ridiculous. Tell him to get stepping and enjoy getting run over by guys literally twice as large as he is. 

Right?  How good is he at baseball??

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Murray declared today 

For the recored, I believe they told Mahomes he would be a 3rd or 4th round pick, but he decided to come out early anyways, in spite of the projection.  Definitely not an exact science.

34 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Right?  How good is he at baseball??

Drafted number 9 means he's a TOP prospect.

21 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

$15 million is not a huge commitment if you feel he is likely to be special but i would really not do it for a guy who is not all in.

...he'd have to stand on a milk crate to hug Goodell.....pass...........

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Murray declared today 

If he's just a 2nd/3rd round pick, he'll go back to baseball.  Woe is the team who actually drafts him.