Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Leaving his options open?

He said in an interview he wasn't interested in the NFL.

He's a millionaire kid. He's going to keep changing his mind and leaving people hanging. Like anyone, he's going to pursue his best option. And if people are dangling millions to play football he is going to look at it, especially if it means becoming an instant NFL celebrity vs a minor leaguer with a fat bonus.

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because of trade speculation?  I think the Bills should trade Allen for Rodgers.  Let’s start some rumors

and there’s zero chance Murray is going number 1

...isn't he 5'9" tall?....sure as hell makes Mayfield look like "Too Tall Jones" for his naysayers..............

9 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

On Mike and Mike this morning, they speculated that The Cardinals could draft Kyler Murray at #1 overall and trade Rosen if they could get enough for him.  They said the rumor came from Schefter reporting that Kingsbury previously stated he would take Murray #1 if the was in the NFL.

if they did it would make them only the second team in the modern era to draft a QB in the first round in back to back years.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25727321

Murray is playing baseball I thought?

I'm always surprised when someone chooses football over baseball all things being relatively equal.

Baseball players have it made in the shade. As to the topic, I put the odds of Rosen being traded at .05 and the odds of Murray going number 1 at .01.

Prominent name that comes to mind as a Michigan fan is Drew Henson; the guy Lloyd Carr kept trying to start over Tom Brady! Chose baseball over football despite the fact that he was a likely first round NFL QB. Turns out he sucked at both.

Edited by LSHMEAB

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because of trade speculation?  I think the Bills should trade Allen for Rodgers.  Let’s start some rumors

and there’s zero chance Murray is going number 1

At this time last season, I'm sure you said "there's zero chance Baker is going number 1."

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

On 1/9/2019 at 3:16 AM, Zerovotlz said:

.....Save this post.....because it will need to be displayed right next to my Mahomes predictions here.....

The Cardinals made this hire because they are going to draft Haskins.

The way to look at this for Arizona isn't that they have a QB and can trade the 1/1 in the draft....(of course they COULD) but instead....look at like a chance to choose between Rosen or Haskins.  Arizona absolutely has that choice right now.

If you hire Kingsbury, who is going to install a spread, air it out type offense...you want HASKINS running that, not Rosen.  

The Arizona front office, by firing Wilks after only one season, has already shown they aren't afraid to move on from a mistake after 1 year and get someone they think is better.

Haskins is better than Rosen.

Arizona will keep that pick, draft Haskins, and trade Rosen to the highest bidder.  I predict that bidder will be the Saints, who will probably be able to pick up Rosen for a 4th round pick...get a first round talent into their system to be the heir to Brees and fix their succession problem with a player who is still talented, on a rookie deal, that only costs a 3 or a 4 to kick the tires on?  

As for as Kingsbury as a HC...he has HC experience tyring to win in Lubbock, TX.  He's proven he knows how to look at QB's and got them out to that ****hole to play college football.  He knows offense..the leauge is clearly trending offense....this is about offense...Kliff will hire an experienced D coordinator...again, the man understand how to lead, delegate etc.....

I came to this conclusion before anyone else was considering it.  I stand by it, including the Haskins part instead of Murray.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

With the reliance on the QB position, why would not they keep both and have them compete?  Trade one away after that 2019 season.

Might be able to get more for Rosen right now, then if the league sees him lose a QB battle to a rookie next year. Plus Kingsbury was around Rosen in college, for all we know he might not like Rosen from his attitude in college and love Murray's attitude. I'm wildly speculating at this point but I definitely see your point.

I see more teams swinging for the fences on Haskins in the first, but Murray seems like he's in the convo cuz there isn't much else.

37 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

At this time last season, I'm sure you said "there's zero chance Baker is going number 1."

I figured Mayfield was good enough to go #1 as he was the best QB, but still didn’t think he would as he wasn’t quite 6’2 and a QB that height hadn’t been picked top ten. We all know what happened, but 5’8” ? I don’t think there’s much chance of that. Murray should play baseball, he’ll be crushed at the NFL level. 

I wouldn't mind seeing both Haskins and Murray being drafted in the top 8 picks. That just means that the Bills get a shot at the 7th best positional player (non-QB) in this years draft.

It's interesting though that there were rumours around the 2018 Draft that both the Bills and Arizona valued Allen over Rosen. Bottom line is that I'm quite happy that McBean zeroed in on Allen as their choice. Time will tell but I think that McBean "killed" this past years draft getting Allen, Edmunds, Phillips,  Johnson, Neal and Teller. McBean also acquired Foster and Wallace. Another solid draft like that and signing a few more FA should have this team looking it's best in many a year...

11 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

With the reliance on the QB position, why would not they keep both and have them compete?  Trade one away after that 2019 season.

Better get what you can for him now , before he’s officially declared as a B_ _ T