Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

26 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Rosen easily fetches a #1...

I agree that somebody would pay it.  I think if you polled all the NFL GM's in the league you'd probably find no more than what you can count on one hand that would agree that he is a first round talent.  Think about it, look at all the teams that passed up on him last year that needed QB's and there is nothing that he did this past year to increase his NFL stock from last year.  

With that said, again.....Some team would be willing to do it.

Allen on the other hand would be a near consensus top 5 overall pick.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Would be crazy to see. Although, Tua will be the favorite for #1 next year, right?

I don’t know but Rattler is a true freshman next tear... won’t be eligible until 2022. I don’t think Tua is a #1 overall talent at the moment but he’s only had 1 year and could improve. They will have a new OC next year. 

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s better than Rosen imo. 5’9 though and only one year of experience 

Rosen will be a solid QB, his line was worse than the Bills and it seems apparent to the organization that his coaching staff was really bad.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know but Rattler is a true freshman next tear... won’t be eligible until 2022. I don’t think Tua is a #1 overall talent at the moment but he’s only had 1 year and could improve. They will have a new OC next year. 

Oh, I got you. I thought you meant next year and I didnt even think. 

I heard DJ say the other day that right now it looks like Tua in 2020 and Lawrence in 2021. 

I struggle with Tua simply because that school has never put out a good QB (at least since Saban has been there) - there’s a first for me everything, but I would be hesitant on that regard.

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I agree that somebody would pay it.  I think if you polled all the NFL GM's in the league you'd probably find no more than what you can count on one hand that would agree that he is a first round talent.  Think about it, look at all the teams that passed up on him last year that needed QB's and there is nothing that he did this past year to increase his NFL stock from last year.  

With that said, again.....Some team would be willing to do it.

How about this... cards trade Rosen to giants for the 6th pick. Cards take Murray at 1. Then get a Jonah Williams or a top DL at 6. 

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Rosen will be a solid QB, his line was worse than the Bills and it seems apparent to the organization that his coaching staff was really bad.

I don’t think Rosen doesn’t have a chance to be good, he does. I just think Murray is a better prospect. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Oh, I got you. I thought you meant next year and I didnt even think. 

I heard DJ say the other day that right now it looks like Tua in 2020 and Lawrence in 2021. 

I struggle with Tua simply because that school has never put out a good QB (at least since Saban has been there) - there’s a first for me everything, but I would be hesitant on that regard.

That’s definitely the narrative 

• Like (+1) 1

How about this... cards trade Rosen to giants for the 6th pick. Cards take Murray at 1. Then get a Jonah Williams or a top DL at 6. 

If you're the G-men, do you prefer Rosen to taking a shot with Haskins? I really think #6 is a high return for Rosen. Cards invest a #10, then, albeit under difficult circumstances, fella has a poor year, and his value increases . . . I am skeptical.

I was wondering this: what would do if you’re Murray?  Imo, football is so superior and exciting of a sport.  I like baseball but there’s no comparison to a football game.  That said, dude can make a lot more money and save his body a lot of pain.

i think I would go baseball but man, it would be a tough decision.

19 minutes ago, GG said:

Where doe she have a higher probability of a longer career - starting QB, back-up QB, starting OF, bench player?

I honestly don't know how good he is in either sport. A lot of it depends on that. Just thinking out loud, my guess is that Drew Henson probably thinks he made a terrible decision in retrospect. He was a probable #1 overall NFL pick, but stopped playing football for 3-4 years and never got back in the groove. He of course completely flamed out in baseball. I don't think that would have happened in the NFL if he had remained committed to the sport. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

If you're the G-men, do you prefer Rosen to taking a shot with Haskins? I really think #6 is a high return for Rosen. Cards invest a #10, then, albeit under difficult circumstances, fella has a poor year, and his value increases . . . I am skeptical.

I would take Haskins over Rosen BUT I have no idea if he will be better. That’s just based off of watching them both in college. 

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s better than Rosen imo. 5’9 though and only one year of experience 

I was just about to write this. Listed at 5’11” but I remember somebody in an interview stating he wasn’t over 5’9”. Unless you get concrete info that you’re going in the 1st and get that guaranteed money go play baseball. 

I would take Haskins over Rosen BUT I have no idea if he will be better. That’s just based off of watching them both in college. 

Oh, I have no idea, either, but I just think Haskins is the more attractive prospect right now. And if I am a team that wants Rosen, I'm not paying a top ten pick for him, because if a team is selling after one year, no matter what the circumstances, I'm not paying a premium to get the guy.

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

Everything coming out says he is leaning towards the NFL. Even the Oakland A’s have stated they expect him to declare for the NFL draft. 

Is he as good a baseball prospect as football?  MLB money would be really hard to walk away from, guaranteed contracts and all.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean Kingsbury straight up in an interview say that he's an unbelievable talent and he would take him #1 overall....

It's one thing to make a hypothetical statement about the#1 pick in the draft while you coach the Red Raiders of Texas Tech. It is another thing to actually pull the trigger.

Also, Steve Keim is still the GM and he drafted Rosen.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Oh, I have no idea, either, but I just think Haskins is the more attractive prospect right now. And if I am a team that wants Rosen, I'm not paying a top ten pick for him, because if a team is selling after one year, no matter what the circumstances, I'm not paying a premium to get the guy.

I feel like a ton of the Rosen stuff that was negative surrounded his personality and approach to football. I’m not sure if any of that ever mattered this year but then again he’s in the perfect spot because the cards are so irrelevant and ignored by the media. Haskins has none of that negativity but he has less experience and isn’t all that more mobile than Rosen. He hates to run and is a pocket passer only. He will run if he has to but it’s totally unnatural. However he’s bigger and more durable than Rosen. Never injured. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

Is he as good a baseball prospect as football?  MLB money would be really hard to walk away from, guaranteed contracts and all.

He was the 9th overall pick in the MLB draft. There was talk that he may be the first player to be drafted in the first round in both leagues.

• Thank you (+1) 1