Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

1 minute ago, Doc said:

What do they think they'll get for Rosen?  A second rounder would be wishful thinking at this point.

If he was worth a 1st round pick last year, why wouldn’t he be worth a 1st rounder this year in a weaker QB class? If he came out this year he would likely have gone top 5.

25 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

This is not true at all.  With the success of Mayfield this year and Murray's performance, I believe he will be #1 overall IF he makes it clear that he is football focused only and not trying to play baseball as well.  He is better than any other QB in this draft and there will be a team willing to trade up for him.  Again, only IF he says he is playing football only.

The guy is like 5'6".

I know he is listed about 5' 10", but I have heard multiple times that he isn't even close to that. 

25 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

This is not true at all.  With the success of Mayfield this year and Murray's performance, I believe he will be #1 overall IF he makes it clear that he is football focused only and not trying to play baseball as well.  He is better than any other QB in this draft and there will be a team willing to trade up for him.  Again, only IF he says he is playing football only.

completely agree.  i think to the original comment, there is close to zero chance he goes #1 overall to the cardinals, but easily someone could trade up so #1 and take him #1 overall... Cards would probably LOVE to trade down as well and retool, so might even trade out of #1 for a discount IMO

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

The guy is like 5'6".

I know he is listed about 5' 10", but I have heard multiple times that he isn't even close to that. 

Was just listed officially at 5'11" for the mlb draft.  Madrigal who is 5'7" and was drafted #4 overall is noticeably much, much smaller.

I remember hearing the exact same type of things about Mayfield last year too...well, not 5'6, but you get the point.

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

Was just listed officially at 5'11" for the mlb draft.  Madrigal who is 5'7" and was drafted #4 overall is noticeably much, much smaller.

I remember hearing the exact same type of things about Mayfield last year too...well, not 5'6, but you get the point.

Murray is not 5'11" Maybe when he first wakes up and is wearing heels. At best 5'8"

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Murray is not 5'11" Maybe when he first wakes up and is wearing heels. At best 5'8"

He’s listed at 5’9 I thought. Could be 5’8. I was looking for the pic of him next to Haskins at the heisman ceremony... Haskins is 6’3 and Murray looks at least 6 inches shorter 

22 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If he was worth a 1st round pick last year, why wouldn’t he be worth a 1st rounder this year in a weaker QB class? If he came out this year he would likely have gone top 5.

Because a) people have gotten a chance to see him play in the NFL and b) know the Cards will be fire-sale'ing him.

38 minutes ago, Capco said:

Ugh. 

Even if Rosen completely busts on the Patriots, we'll have to hear for months about how Belichick is such a genius for getting a top 10 pick from the previous draft by trading a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

I think if a QB with a workable skill set is smart and motivated enough, Belichick stands a chance to turn him into another Brady.

Rosen has the smart.... and skill base....  but would he capitulate to Belichick's way, and also put in the dedication/work?  Also, maintain it/stay focused after success

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Anyone know if any college has ever had back to back #1’?

what about back to back in the same position? 

I was watching their next QB Spencer Rattler in the Under Armor all American game last weekend and he looks like another one. #1 QB recruit in the country + Lincoln Riley .... whew 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was watching their next QB Spencer Rattler in the Under Armor all American game last weekend and he looks like another one. #1 QB recruit in the country + Lincoln Riley .... whew 

Would be crazy to see. Although, Tua will be the favorite for #1 next year, right?