Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because of trade speculation?  I think the Bills should trade Allen for Rodgers.  Let’s start some rumors

and there’s zero chance Murray is going number 1

This is not true at all.  With the success of Mayfield this year and Murray's performance, I believe he will be #1 overall IF he makes it clear that he is football focused only and not trying to play baseball as well.  He is better than any other QB in this draft and there will be a team willing to trade up for him.  Again, only IF he says he is playing football only.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

They had audio clips this morning on Golic and Wingo of Kingsbury fawning over the kid. The stars just might have aligned in a perfect way to draw him to the NFL.

He’s better than Rosen imo. 5’9 though and only one year of experience 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s better than Rosen imo. 5’9 though and only one year of experience 

I agree he is a better athlete and QB, but I would worry about a 5'8" dude trying to see / throw over those 6'5" monsters. I'm sure there are things you can do in blocking schemes and play designs, but it seems like quite a disadvantage to have to plan around.

7 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Would be an interesting decision, considering middling MLB players can make $10 million with far less wear and tear

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Trying to think of the trade market for Josh Rosen

Guessing the Chargers/Saints/Redskins/Jaguars/Giants/Dolphins/Broncos/Bengals might give a call

On the radio they also said the Raiders could be in the mix because of the picks they have, but I personally don’t believe he is a Gruden type of player. I recall Gruden questioning his commitment to football.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Patriots

Ugh. 

Even if Rosen completely busts on the Patriots, we'll have to hear for months about how Belichick is such a genius for getting a top 10 pick from the previous draft by trading a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Trying to think of the trade market for Josh Rosen

Guessing the Chargers/Saints/Redskins/Jaguars/Giants/Dolphins/Broncos/Bengals might give a call

And also the Raiders now that Mayock is on board? He could not have possibly drooled any more after Rosen going into the draft if he'd tried:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/03/17/mike-mayock-raves-about-josh-rosen-after-impressive-pro-day/

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/mike-mayock-josh-rosen-the-most-natural-thrower-this-year-class/s21BvEWpf382mkJqnLXoGK/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Murray = Mayfield?

So they can expect 7 or 8 wins next year?

Could be just as good or better than mayfield. He is way more mobile. Couple inches shorter. Both have the baseball background. Mayfield is super accurate. I think Murray is too but don’t know the specifics 

Edited by YoloinOhio

What do they think they'll get for Rosen?  A second rounder would be wishful thinking at this point.

As for Murray, I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.  After winning the Heismann, he still decided to stick with baseball, telling me he doesn't love the game.

And he'll have a much tougher go in the MLB.  The sheer number of guys playing minor league ball versus those who make The Show is ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

On the radio they also said the Raiders could be in the mix because of the picks they have, but I personally don’t believe he is a Gruden type of player. I recall Gruden questioning his commitment to football.

Now we'll see how much Mayock matters? Opposite take on Rosen by him than Gruden. 

• Like (+1) 1