Gregg Williams to Jets as DC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The bountygate thing and the way he comes across on Hard Knocks.

Frankly I don't understand why this guy has a job.

Seems like the bounty gate stuff has been swept under the rug to some degree. But it was so bad when you go back and see what he actually said to the players. And I do think it’s a factor as to why he will never be a HC again. Perception with focus on player safety. 

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Watching Williams and Gase together in NY would be worth the price of admission.  He will improve their defense, but the dysfunction inherent in this marriage would be fun to watch.  

Why should we presume he'll improve the defense? In his 20 years of coaching (DC and HC), his defenses have finished in the bottom half of the league 10 times in the points allowed category and 10 times in the yards allowed category.  By the numbers, he is perfectly mediocre judging from his long history. 

Edited by dave mcbride

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Gase is already a bit of a head case who seems to be one bad batch of shrimp away from blowing his lid.

While I don’t want to play against Greggy defenses, the chance that it could end so horribly is amazing.

I'm just admiring the phrase "one bad batch of shrimp away from blowing his lid"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Watching Williams and Gase together in NY would be worth the price of admission.  He will improve their defense, but the dysfunction inherent in this marriage would be fun to watch.  

‘Spy vs. Spy’?

Add in the NYC media and it’s ‘Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy’.

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The animosity stems from him a) being a terrible coach in Buffalo while remaining supremely arrogant all the while, b) being an absolutely terrible human being, and c) selling snake oil and lies for most of his professional career. 

.....but, other than that???

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HT02 said:

I don't understand the animosity towards Williams, he hasn't coached in Buffalo in years.

I think it's probably based on more than just being an ex-part of the drought coaching tree here. Bountygate (as others have already mentioned) and reports of his being an unmitigated personality fail come to mind as well. But I readily admit I never met the guy personally so the last part is hearsay only. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The animosity stems from him a) being a terrible coach in Buffalo while remaining supremely arrogant all the while, b) being an absolutely terrible human being, and c) selling snake oil and lies for most of his professional career. 

And that hair color...jfc the Hard Knocks closeups did him zero favors.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Watch Hard Knocks. He’s been on twice.  Total bag of Richards.

He’s been on the Rams and Browns seasons.

Not once did I see him as a bag of *****. Just a passionate coach with a powerful personality.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Alex marvez was saying on radio yesterday that greggg is a huge pain to work with... 

That’s due to his fondness for slipping the equipment manager $50 to ‘kneecap’ staffers that Williams doesn’t like.  ‘Huge pain’ as in ‘ouch!’

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013