Gregg Williams to Jets as DC

YoloinOhio

On 1/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sour grapes...

if he run a bounty program in buffalo they might have beaten his season best 8-8...

why did he wait until nawlins... ??

disapponting 

I completely agree with that!

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found this little tidbit in Rich Cimini's Jests Insider Column Interesting...

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/78989/jets-have-enough-chips-to-be-active-in-trade-market-antonio-brown

2. Early friction? The Adam Gase-Gregg Williams relationship will be scrutinized because of their strong personalities and different backgrounds, which makes this noteworthy: Williams recently was frustrated with Gase (and general manager Mike Maccagnan) because they balked at the idea of adding his son, Blake, to the coaching staff, according to a person familiar with the situation. They apparently came around, because Blake is expected to join the staff as a defensive coach, although the team hasn't announced the hiring of any position coaches.

Blake Williams, 34, spent the past two seasons as the Cleveland Browns' linebackers coach, working under his father. After the 2017 season, Gregg called him "the best young coach I've ever had on my staff." Naturally, he wants his son on the Jets' staff, but there was initial resistance and it led to some tense moments. Blake has a reputation for rubbing people the wrong way. As a St. Louis Rams assistant, he upset people in the organization by screaming at a draft prospect in a scouting-combine interview, a source said. He also was reprimanded multiple times for sitting in the wrong seat on the team bus; he kept sitting in a seat reserved for a senior member of the staff. The Rams fired him after the 2013 season.

This should be interesting.

• Like (+1) 1