Gregg Williams to Jets as DC

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I hope that dirty piece of ***** lands elsewhere.  #Dirty*****ingKiko trying to end JA's career is enough.  We don't need a headhunter like Gregggggggggggggggggg in the AFCE also.

Maybe Gase will trade for his guy and greggg will have the perfect muse for bountygate part deux 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

Watching Williams and Gase together in NY would be worth the price of admission.  He will improve their defense, but the dysfunction inherent in this marriage would be fun to watch.  

I don’t think it would be that bad.  He would be in full control of the defense and Gase would be in charge of the offense.  I hate Gregg but the Jets have some good players.  

Just now, FLFan said:

Watching Williams and Gase together in NY would be worth the price of admission.  He will improve their defense, but the dysfunction inherent in this marriage would be fun to watch.  

Alex marvez was saying on radio yesterday that greggg is a huge pain to work with and teams end up deciding he’s not worth it because his defenses are boom or bust and inconsistent, and he refuses to adapt his scheme to personnel. That was definitely the case in Cleveland last year. This year he had more success (and more talent) , but still inconsistent 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Watch Hard Knocks. He’s been on twice.  Total bag of Richards.

lol, ok i haven't seen that.  I met him once after a game he coached in Buffalo and he couldn't have been nicer or more friendly he spent literally 20 minutes talking football with my cousin and myself.  

6 minutes ago, HT02 said:

lol, ok i haven't seen that.  I met him once after a game he coached in Buffalo and he couldn't have been nicer or more friendly he spent literally 20 minutes talking football with my cousin and myself.  

FWIW James Laurinaitis does a local radio show here and he LOVES Gregg .... played for him on the Rams. He always talks about him with nothing but glowing remarks ... other coaches not so much. I think it’s more fellow coaches and FO that find him obnoxious and hard to work with. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HT02 said:

He needed the 20 minutes to figure out how he was going to kill you and where to take your body.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, HT02 said:

I don't understand the animosity towards Williams, he hasn't coached in Buffalo in years.

The animosity stems from him a) being a terrible coach in Buffalo while remaining supremely arrogant all the while, b) being an absolutely terrible human being, and c) selling snake oil and lies for most of his professional career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets are expected to hire Adam Gase as their new head coach, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Jeff Darlington.

Former Cleveland Browns interim head coach Gregg Williams is under consideration for the defensive coordinator position, sources told ESPN.

(and more) 

The Jets reached out to Gase soon after he was fired by the Miami Dolphins on Dec. 31. He was only 23-25 in three seasons, but he dominated the Jets, winning five of six meetings.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25724125/adam-gase-expected-hired-new-york-jets-head-coach

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

FWIW James Laurinaitis does a local radio show here and he LOVES Gregg .... played for him on the Rams. He always talks about him with nothing but glowing remarks ... coaches not so much. I think it’s more fellow coaches and FO that find him obnoxious and hard to work with. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The animosity stems from him a) being a terrible coach in Buffalo while remaining supremely arrogant all the while, b) being an absolutely terrible human being, and c) selling snake oil and lies for most of his professional career. 

You say that like it's a bad thing.

:ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 2