Feel good story: Boston native comes home as Chargers ass't coach

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another thing  about this game that has me cheering for the LAC (as if more was needed):

Simply devastating. Don't know how these guys can go out and play after something like that.

My wife is pregnant and it would be so hard to have something go wrong at this point.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Simply devastating. Don't know how these guys can go out and play after something like that.

My wife is pregnant and it would be so hard to have something go wrong at this point.

Congrats! Hope all goes well!

my 3 day old daughter is laying on my chest as I type this- I thought I knew what it meant to be a serious person, and to care deeply about something. But I care more, and am more serious about her protection and wellbeing than anything else in the world. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

my 3 day old daughter is laying on my chest as I type this- I thought I knew what it meant to be a serious person, and to care deeply about something. But I care more, and am more serious about her protection and wellbeing than anything else in the world. 

I also have a 4 year old and 2 year old. I actually don't like kids at all, but when they are your own kids it is completely different. They're the best thing that has ever happened to me.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, MJS said:

In some ways it may help him to go out and play football, especially in a big playoff game. He’s been away from the team for awhile, I think at least a month, as she battled. Might help the healing process to get out there. I’m sure he will play an emotional game. I hope he wins.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In some ways it may help him to go out and play football, especially in a big playoff game. He’s been away from the team for awhile, I think at least a month, as she battled. Might help the healing process to get out there. I’m sure he will play an emotional game. I hope he wins.

IIRC he did come back and play a few games after she was born, the team told him he didn’t have to but he wanted to be there. 

Sad story. A long playoff run might serve as a temporary distraction for him and his family. 

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It's crazy, isn't it? It's like something in your brain literally changes with the flip of a switch.