Tremaine Edmunds - Season Highlights

wppete

Thanks for sharing this OP. 

I know it was only a highlight reel, but there were a LOT of encouraging plays there. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play again next year, now that he has a full season of experience. 

The sky's the limit for this kid.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He hasn’t had one positive Bills post in 11,122 entries. Probably the most consistent poster here in our history, so there’s that. Frankly, he reminds me of my 84 year old Dad. Hasn’t missed a single Bills play since the Opener in 1960, nor the opportunity to B word about every single play since the Opener in 1960.

Can’t speak for every WNY community, but this perspective is ingrained in NT. I don’t know how I became ever hopeful..

Edmunds Rookie of the Month award might have made him upset.

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

These highlights are cool, but they don't nearly tell the whole story.

Most of the year he was slow to react and lacked instincts against the rush. He also gets dragged for any extra couple yards when making a tackle.

He was absolutely putrid in the 2nd game against NE. He bounced back well the next week against Miami so that's a good sign. Still, I think fans are overrating him quite a bit to this point. He has A LOT to improve on.( I know, I know, "HE IS ONLY 20")

Well damn...121 tackles from someone with slow instincts.  Man, how incredible is he going to be when the game slows down for him?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes stats tell the whole story. 

Dont get so bent out of shape. He was pretty awful at times against the run and teams exposed him for it. Just sayin. He's got a ways to go.??

This is getting weird.

Do I really sound bent out of shape?  Seems to me you were expecting a Ray Lewis level performance from our rookie.

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes stats tell the whole story. 

Dont get so bent out of shape. He was pretty awful at times against the run and teams exposed him for it. Just sayin. He's got a ways to go.??

This is getting weird.

Honestly.... the way you seem to talk about him if I didn’t know any better I would think this team was getting gutted for yds weekly right up the middle. 

It turns out there were right around the top ten in rush yds given up and 2nd in overall yds. Edmunds was right in the middle of it. He most definitely has some improving to do but your summaries don’t jive with how things turned out. 

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

There were a few games where teams ran at will on us in large part to Edmunds being flat footed and slow to react. 

They weren't top 10. They were 16th in the league in rush yards given up.

Yup. 16th I guess. I apparently havnt checked the rush yd ranking since before the pats game because before that one I wanna say I recall a ranking in the 10 or 11 range. My mistake. 

Regardless the kid had a nice rookie year. I dunno why the default mode for some around here, whenever something positive is pointed out about a players season, is to make sure everyone knows the “ya buts” about their game. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

21 hours ago, teef said:

why don't you just come over?

A little tid bit....i'm pretty sure i once found his twitter during the laser pointer and the bears @ detriot incident. 

He was really going at the kid and trying to get all his personal info out there. 

When i say he was angry.... i mean he was REALLY angry. 

Edited by Billschinatown

A huge reason we had the #1 pass D and he really progressed in the run game as the season went on. Going to be a cornerstone of this Defense for many many years. 

The great part too is the article a couple weeks ago of Kyle kind of taking him under his wing to be a leader off the field . Kyle said he saw something in the way he prepares that was beyond his years and basically is passing the torch to Tremaine to lead this defense. 

Hyde said around week 7-8 that this kid will have a gold jacket one day. Said his size and speed is unreal and he never makes the same mistake twice. Very high praises from some respected veterans.

We're in great hands with Edmunds in the middle of the D for the next decade

On 1/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Of course, that's all relative--or was that the point? I used to think anyone past their 20's was ancient news, and now I just passed by the big 40, and am making up reasons everyday why I'm still a young whippersnapper. Of course, getting out of bed in the morning reminds me exactly of why I'm not. Anyone else here have foot pain for like the first 10 minutes? :) 

Oh God.  Yes.  It's terrible.  ...I'm only 32.  Will I even MAKE 40?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Yup. 16th I guess. I apparently havnt checked the rush yd ranking since before the pats game because before that one I wanna say I recall a ranking in the 10 or 11 range. My mistake. 

Regardless the kid had a nice rookie year. I dunno why the default mode for some around here, whenever something positive is pointed out about a players season, is to make sure everyone knows the “ya buts” about their game. 

Top ten in yards per carry, though, and that is the stat that matters.