Tremaine Edmunds - Season Highlights

wppete

Noticed 2 things

1- SOOO Many near interceptions that are going to happen as he continues adjusting to the NFL timing

2- He doesn't go for the 'hit-stick' on tackles... but wraps guys up and just consumes them with his length.  Unique, refreshing, fun to watch!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

These highlights are cool, but they don't nearly tell the whole story.

Most of the year he was slow to react and lacked instincts against the rush. He also gets dragged for any extra couple yards when making a tackle.

He was absolutely putrid in the 2nd game against NE. He bounced back well the next week against Miami so that's a good sign. Still, I think fans are overrating him quite a bit to this point. He has A LOT to improve on.( I know, I know, "HE IS ONLY 20")

what's you deal scott?  married?  any kids?  i need to know more about what make you tick.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You love me. 

i want to, but i don't know enough about you.  what do you do for a living?

29 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

Dude, you're the man.

i just want to know that man that is scott.

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

These highlights are cool, but they don't nearly tell the whole story.

Most of the year he was slow to react and lacked instincts against the rush. He also gets dragged for any extra couple yards when making a tackle.

He was absolutely putrid in the 2nd game against NE. He bounced back well the next week against Miami so that's a good sign. Still, I think fans are overrating him quite a bit to this point. He has A LOT to improve on.( I know, I know, "HE IS ONLY 20")

Like pretty much every other rookie to ever play in the NFL, it was clear that at times he still had to think about what he was doing rather than just react.  That should be expected, especially when teams like NE* specifically scheme to confuse a rookie.  Those instances will almost certainly decrease as he gains experience and learns the defense in and out.  

I don't think most fans are overrating him, we just see a lot of natural ability and are excited about the possibilities that his future may hold. 

Thanks OP for posting the highlights. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Don’t forget LVE. That said I can LIVE with an elite LB troika of RS, TE and LVE for years to come.

WHOA. Darious Leonard?!?! That guy's All-Pro dominating playoff games already. Best of the bunch by a mile.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

10 hours ago, folz said:

He's smart, fast, tall over the middle, and can cover. But what I like most is his tackling ability. He's very decisive and explosive when tackling. And I love how he wraps a guy up first with those long arms of his and then kind of whips his body around or slides down the player, using his length and weight to spin or drag the guy down. He doesn't try to lay the big hit or use his helmet in any way, which players often bounce off of anyways, instead, he just puts the guy to the ground with textbook tackling. The kid is going to be really good, very soon.

I think he does all that very well. I just, for lack of a better term, need to see him with more dog in him. Elite MLB aggressiveness at that position is probably the most important trait over all the other skills you mentioned.

He looks like a great finesse linebacker, and maybe he'll hit his potential as he gets older or coached up. But he needs to be getting his hands dirty. I want to see him disappear in a cluster**** of rushing blockers to stop a runner. MLB's need to be a little crazy. This highlight video shows all the things you mentioned spot on, but the mental aspect is lacking. I don't see more than maybe one play that shows flat out aggression we saw from someone like London Fletcher who had none of those physical talents but was a straight up maniac.

23 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I think he does all that very well. I just, for lack of a better term, need to see him with more dog in him. Elite MLB aggressiveness at that position is probably the most important trait over all the other skills you mentioned.

He looks like a great finesse linebacker, and maybe he'll hit his potential as he gets older or coached up. But he needs to be getting his hands dirty. I want to see him disappear in a cluster**** of rushing blockers to stop a runner. MLB's need to be a little crazy. This highlight video shows all the things you mentioned spot on, but the mental aspect is lacking. I don't see more than maybe one play that shows flat out aggression we saw from someone like London Fletcher who had none of those physical talents but was a straight up maniac.

I have to disagree there. In today’s NFL I think the ability to play on every down and excel in pass coverage is VERY important. At this point he’s more likely to wrap you up than blow you up, but the thing I hate the most is the guy who lowers his shoulder into the ballcarrier trying to destroy him, only to have the guy bounce off and keep going. 

I get that he took some bad first steps early, but he cleaned a lot of that up as the year went on. He was in fact a 20 year old roookie, despite how some hate to hear that. His physical tools and the progress he showed over the course of his first season are very encouraging to me. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, teef said:

what's you deal scott?  married?  any kids?  i need to know more about what make you tick.

He hasn’t had one positive Bills post in 11,122 entries. Probably the most consistent poster here in our history, so there’s that. Frankly, he reminds me of my 84 year old Dad. Hasn’t missed a single Bills play since the Opener in 1960, nor the opportunity to B word about every single play since the Opener in 1960.

Can’t speak for every WNY community, but this perspective is ingrained in NT. I don’t know how I became ever hopeful..

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have to disagree there. In today’s NFL I think the ability to play on every down and excel in pass coverage is VERY important. At this point he’s more likely to wrap you up than blow you up, but the thing I hate the most is the guy who lowers his shoulder into the ballcarrier trying to destroy him, only to have the guy bounce off and keep going. 

I get that he took some bad first steps early, but he cleaned a lot of that up as the year went on. He was in fact a 20 year old roookie, despite how some hate to hear that. His physical tools and the progress he showed over the course of his first season are very encouraging to me. 

Nah I'm not talking about big hits at all. I'm talking about aggressiveness to the ball, not reckless tackling. I love how he wraps up. Sure I saw a lot great one on one tackles, but I want to see him be closer to the ball on running downs when there's a lot of traffic. He tends to stay back to avoid down field blockers and keep an eye on the carrier rather than attacking. I immediately looked at his highlights and looked at other linebacker highlights. These guys look like bowling balls on screens, running plays with tons of blockers. Would be really the crucial plays Edmunds needs in his highlight arsenal.

I don't think he can't improve. But that's not necessarily always something everybody gets. Just a nose for the ball, getting dirty, fighting through traffic. That kind of aggression could show up, but it also takes a little crazy... If not, I'd like to see him at OLB and have a more.. maniac MLB. Just an attribute I find necessary to at the position. Not big hits, I don't care for the money shot at all, but I do want to see better instincts, decisiveness, aggression.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Nah I'm not talking about big hits at all. I'm talking about aggressiveness to the ball, not reckless tackling. I love how he wraps up. Sure I saw a lot great one on one tackles, but I want to see him be closer to the ball on running downs when there's a lot of traffic. He tends to stay back to avoid down field blockers and keep an eye on the carrier rather than attacking.

I don't think he can't improve. But that's not necessarily always something everybody gets. Just a nose for the ball, getting dirty, fighting through traffic. That kind of aggression could show up. If not, I'd like to see him at OLB and have a more.. maniac MLB. Just an attribute I find necessary to at the position. Not big hits, I don't care for the money shot at all, but I do want to see better instincts, decisiveness, aggression.

I think the instincts improved over the course of the season. I just hope it continues, but we will have to wait and see there. I think when the game slows down for him he will probably show more aggressiveness.  That big frame, long arms and speed give him a great advantage in coverage, which I love. 

And yes.....he’s only 20 years old!  (For those who hate hearing that little fact!) 

?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I think the instincts improved over the course of the season. I just hope it continues, but we will have to wait and see there. I think when the game slows down for him he will probably show more aggressiveness.  That big frame, long arms and speed give him a great advantage in coverage, which I love. 

And yes.....he’s only 20 years old!  (For those who hate hearing that little fact!) 

?

Well I hate that fact repeated twice haha :)

Just pointing out what I want to see his highlights show more of that next year and the year following. I want to see some bowling ball MLB plays. He'll be an incredible MLB if he starts doing more of that.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Old as *****.

Of course, that's all relative--or was that the point? I used to think anyone past their 20's was ancient news, and now I just passed by the big 40, and am making up reasons everyday why I'm still a young whippersnapper. Of course, getting out of bed in the morning reminds me exactly of why I'm not. Anyone else here have foot pain for like the first 10 minutes? :)